Deontay Wilder is down to fight Stipe...

Tay-Tay can take JDS or Ngannou first. Then we can talk about Tay-Tay vs Stipe.

...But crickets from Stipe. Which is funny because he hasn't had a problem calling out Anthony Johnson.

I'm surprised no one has discussed this more. Is Wilder so irrelevant that no one want's to even talk about this? No hate to Deontay. I'm looking at this from a media perspective. How was this news not trending? and why was Stipe so quiet?

He was asked if he would fight the UFC champ in a BOXING FIGHT and he obviously said yes, because he's a fighter.

Please don't act like this is some kind of callout when nobody even mentioned Stipe or Deontay entering an octagon.

Deontays technique is no better than Ngannous. He is awful to watch. Stipe would murder him.

I find him entertaining but he does throw alot of ugly shit.

Deontays technique is no better than Ngannous. He is awful to watch. Stipe would murder him.
Deontay does not have the prettiest technique, but he has knocked out several guys who have boxed for decades. I know you are still hyped up from Stipe's last fight, but remember Deontay is a professional boxer, and one of the better ones out there. That's all he does. (Throw hands). His KO ratio is insane. What he lacks in technique he makes up for in effectiveness.

I would pick Joshua over Deontay in a boxing match, but to say Stipe would murder him is just silly.
Did you NOT learn anything from the whole Conor vs Floyd circus?

Conor was pretty good at KO-ing peeps with MMA gloves on (just like Stipe is), but when he put the boxing gloves and hit Floyd clean, Floyd just smiled at him. Knocking out someone with those big ass gloves is pretty difficult to do. (I tried it). People who do nothing but punch and dodge punches, punch way fucking harder and faster than people who box 2-3 x's a week (maybe even 1 time a week) because they have to practice their wrestling, BJJ, kickboxing, etc. I mean, that's just common sense.

In boxing, the defense is different. The stance is different. The floor is different. Ropes vs. cage. It's a completely different set of rules. I'm not saying the Stipe COULDN'T KO, Deontay with the right shot (or combo), I'm just saying it's highly fucking unlikely.

Thing is boxers have always called out MMA guys, it's seldom the other way around. James & Conor went to the other discipline. Floyd/Conor being huge makes the calling out "relevant news", as it's now "more in the realm of possibility", since it just happened. But that's a fallacy for fake news only to create hype.

4I4WgeDULpJ1MRxnMNGC7UrVSZ8Y08Am45V2WbEqENI.gif
that's pretty funny, I admit, but he's still 39-0 with 38 KO's.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/468841

Spoken like a true joshua fan. Would love to see wilder put a hood beating on him but it wont happen for years

Joshua can actually box. Not windmill big long arms.

Deontay does not have the prettiest technique, but he has knocked out several guys who have boxed for decades. I know you are still hyped up from Stipe's last fight, but remember Deontay is a professional boxer, and one of the better ones out there. That's all he does. (Throw hands). His KO ratio is insane. What he lacks in technique he makes up for in effectiveness.

I would pick Joshua over Deontay in a boxing match, but to say Stipe would murder him is just silly.
Did you NOT learn anything from the whole Conor vs Floyd circus?

Conor was pretty good at KO-ing peeps with MMA gloves on (just like Stipe is), but when he put the boxing gloves and hit Floyd clean, Floyd just smiled at him. Knocking out someone with those big ass gloves is pretty difficult to do. (I tried it). People who do nothing but punch and dodge punches, punch way fucking harder and faster than people who box 2-3 x's a week (maybe even 1 time a week) because they have to practice their wrestling, BJJ, kickboxing, etc. I mean, that's just common sense.

In boxing, the defense is different. The stance is different. The floor is different. Ropes vs. cage. It's a completely different set of rules. I'm not saying the Stipe COULDN'T KO, Deontay with the right shot (or combo), I'm just saying it's highly fucking unlikely.

I'm not talking Stipe vs Deontay in boxing. Obviously Stipe would lose. I meant in MMA.

I'm not talking Stipe vs Deontay in boxing. Obviously Stipe would lose. I meant in MMA.
oh shit! my bad. I need to work on my reading comprehension. I thought it was about boxing. In that case, yeah in MMA I would not give Deontay a .00001% chance.

If it were in boxing, he would sleep Miocic in two rounds.. his sloppy technique still works, no heavyweight has been slick enough to counter and stay calm against him lmao.

In mma, of course things are different...

I hate it when boxing is called "fighting". The headline makes you think that Wilder is open for an MMA fight against Stipe, when in reality the question he was asked was "Would you fight the UFC Heavyweight champion in a boxing fight".

Zero interest in a boxing match between the two honestly. An MMA match however? Hell yeah.

fight

VERB fought
  • Take part in a violent struggle involving the exchange of physical blows or the use of weapons.

‘the men were fighting’

‘protesters fought with police’
    ‘Cameron fought back as hard as he could’

What I hate is when boxing commentators say, "he's stopped boxing and now he's FIGHTING!" when some boxer starts slugging it out. It's kind of boring for me (unless it's a big name boxer), so maybe the commentators say that to relieve themselves of their own boredom.

Yes, I get what you mean in terms of real world situations on the streets, it would be beneficial to use all your weapons, but boxing is technically fighting.

fight

VERB fought
  • Take part in a violent struggle involving the exchange of physical blows or the use of weapons.

‘the men were fighting’

‘protesters fought with police’
    ‘Cameron fought back as hard as he could’

What I hate is when boxing commentators say, "he's stopped boxing and now he's FIGHTING!" when some boxer starts slugging it out. It's kind of boring for me (unless it's a big name boxer), so maybe the commentators say that to relieve themselves of their own boredom.

Yes, I get what you mean in terms of real world situations on the streets, it would be beneficial to use all your weapons, but boxing is technically fighting.
We're in agreement in that regard.

I'm just saying that using the word 'fight' to describe a potential boxing match in the context of an MMA forum is not a very fruitful way of conveying what is being discussed in the video. Especially when in the MMA bubble, it's pretty much a standard to call MMA matches "fights" and MMA athletes "fighters", whereas boxing has it's own established terminology that should be used for that context instead.

everyone forgot Toney-Couture already? pure boxers have no chance in MMA

Back