95% chance that Jon Jones fights in 2018, manager says

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Prepare for the return of the GOAT.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/...i-kawa-95-percent-chance-return-2018-mma-news

"After Jon Jones failed another USADA test around his UFC 214 win over Daniel Cormier in July, speculation was running rampant that the former champion might be suspended for a very long time. But despite indications from his camp and from UFC VP of Health and Performance Jeff Novitzky that his failed drug test indicated “unintentional use”, a resolution to the case still hasn’t been announced more than seven months later.

There are appears to be some sort of light at the end of the tunnel though, if Jones’ manager Malki Kawa is to be believed. As a guest on The Luke Thomas Show on SiriusXM, Kawa stated that he’s confident things will be brought to a conclusion relatively soon so Jones can return to the cage (transcribed by MMA Mania):

“By the end of this month I think we get some clarity on the issues. We have a hearing with the California State Athletic Commission and we’re hoping to get the investigation with USADA wrapped up by then, as well,” revealed Kawa.

“Hopefully it all works out that way. I got to assume that by the end of March, for a fact, we will get this resolved and get an idea of what it’s looking like. I’d like to say about a 95-percent chance (he fights in 2018).”

He doesn’t know shit. He doesn’t even know when he’s gonna know the results of whatever the fuck he’s waiting on.

If Malki was a respectable human being he wouldn't lie 95% of the time.

They better not let him come back that soon. What are rules if you don't enforce them? He has been caught too many times, and needs a (long) sentence that fits his crimes.

Malki Kawa is probably one of the dirtiest managers in the business.
Is probably the one providing the “means” to his fighters get “healthy”
And if be some unbelievable way he is capable to “clean”Pokes way to a short cut back to the cage he is a genius.

IMHO Pokes should only comeback after fulfilling a complete sentence and be kept in quarantine by USADA in a very especific manner.
And he should not be in ANY tittle fight Until he fights at least 3 top 5 good contenders and gets clean at all the tests he gets put in before,during and after the fights.

Zero trust.

"95% chance that Jones passes a USADA test in 2017" manager says

Not my GOAT

Anything less than a 2 year ban would be a failure of the system. IMO should be 3-4 year ban.

he should be banned for 4 years minimum

anything under 2 is a victory for him and his team

cheating *

The GOAT is back

21f6dd9ab8884baa0c11adcc4c28c4676a74f467fc940e1f8e0102d9610b6438.jpg

If they let him slide for this it might open the door for lawsuits based on preferential treatment. I.E. the rules don’t apply equally to everyone.

This USADA thing is crazy. Wasn't there a fighter who proved there were tainted supplements? Wasn't his suspension overruled? Not saying this is the case with Jones but if that is what happens, it will create a nightmare for fans and fighters. 'Hey I got caught it was because I didn't know' will become the only excuse.

Prepare for the return of the GOAT.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/...i-kawa-95-percent-chance-return-2018-mma-news

"After Jon Jones failed another USADA test around his UFC 214 win over Daniel Cormier in July, speculation was running rampant that the former champion might be suspended for a very long time. But despite indications from his camp and from UFC VP of Health and Performance Jeff Novitzky that his failed drug test indicated “unintentional use”, a resolution to the case still hasn’t been announced more than seven months later.

There are appears to be some sort of light at the end of the tunnel though, if Jones’ manager Malki Kawa is to be believed. As a guest on The Luke Thomas Show on SiriusXM, Kawa stated that he’s confident things will be brought to a conclusion relatively soon so Jones can return to the cage (transcribed by MMA Mania):

“By the end of this month I think we get some clarity on the issues. We have a hearing with the California State Athletic Commission and we’re hoping to get the investigation with USADA wrapped up by then, as well,” revealed Kawa.

“Hopefully it all works out that way. I got to assume that by the end of March, for a fact, we will get this resolved and get an idea of what it’s looking like. I’d like to say about a 95-percent chance (he fights in 2018).”
giphy.gif

How does he know there will be a 95% chance? Are they going to spin a giant wheel where 19/20 spots allow Jon to fight again and 1/20 keep him suspended?

Jon Jones singlehandedly (is that a word?) has made me not give a shit about peds. Or at least be hypocritical about it.

I just want him to return as soon as possible, dammit.

Jones gets yet another chance and fights for the heavyweight title on the year-ending card.

This USADA thing is crazy. Wasn't there a fighter who proved there were tainted supplements? Wasn't his suspension overruled? Not saying this is the case with Jones but if that is what happens, it will create a nightmare for fans and fighters. 'Hey I got caught it was because I didn't know' will become the only excuse.
It is already clear that it should be the only excuse considering what happened to Machida and CroCop.

Pretty sure 2 years is the minimum for testing positive according to the golden snitch.

Yoel Romero. And he still served a 6 month suspension. And he is suing the manufacturer of the supplements.

Back