Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point and I'll click! I'm not against eating meat. I'm just not doing it so often anymore.
This should do the trick:

I'm wondering if any of you guys who remain single imagine marriage or a real relationship for that matter as rational? My experience has been that from a decision making perspective, it involves very little else other than irrational thought and emotion. My job is to make sure no one gets killed, that my wife feels special and that the house stays standing.

But if you guys think that for a second your wife will make decisions based on what you consider a rational and evidence based thought processes? Good luck!

I've accepted my fate. My wife is hot!
Yeah, I am not planning to marry a chick who makes decisions based on "little else other than irrational thought and emotion".

I'm sorry to say this, but if the only reason why you married your wife is because she is hot (which I am assuming was just a joke), then you are in for a major disappointment in the years to come, brah.

This should do the trick:

Yeah, I am not planning to marry a chick who makes decisions based on "little else other than irrational thought and emotion".

I'm sorry to say this, but if the only reason why you married your wife is because she is hot (which I am assuming was just a joke), then you are in for a major disappointment in the years to come, brah.

Yes, It was a joke, as was pretty much that whole post.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will take a look.

I'm wondering if any of you guys who remain single imagine marriage or a real relationship for that matter as rational? My experience has been that from a decision making perspective, it involves very little else other than irrational thought and emotion. My job is to make sure no one gets killed, that my wife feels special and that the house stays standing.

But if you guys think that for a second your wife will make decisions based on what you consider a rational and evidence based thought processes? Good luck!

I've accepted my fate. My wife is hot!

Fortunately, my girlfriend / mother of my kids is terrible at making decisions (as in, she is so worried about making the wrong decision, she ends up making no decision) so it's all down to me, and I like to think of myself as fairly rational and don't let my emotions effect my decision making process. I think we probably have what is considered a fairly old fashioned relationship, which I'm sure most people think is antiquated, but I go to work, make the majority of the money, she stays at home, looks after the kids, housework and cooks. She has a part time job which is a couple of days a week to contribute to bills etc and to give herself some money. It works for us.

Fortunately, my girlfriend / mother of my kids is terrible at making decisions (as in, she is so worried about making the wrong decision, she ends up making no decision) so it's all down to me, and I like to think of myself as fairly rational and don't let my emotions effect my decision making process. I think we probably have what is considered a fairly old fashioned relationship, which I'm sure most people think is antiquated, but I go to work, make the majority of the money, she stays at home, looks after the kids, housework and cooks. She has a part time job which is a couple of days a week to contribute to bills etc and to give herself some money. It works for us.

My wife and I make roughly the same amount of money. She has the potential to make much more because of overtime. I work for a private firm that doesn't offer much opportunity for overtime. She could work 12 hour shifts every day of the week if she wanted to.

Last edited:
@miaou I'm curious to know why this wasn't your first suggestions:

"The Shredded Chef: 120 Recipes for Building Muscle, Getting Lean, and Staying Healthy"

...meanwhile, the "shredded chef" is probably on roids.

The wife and I split up most of the shit that needs to get done. We both work. I actually do 99% of the cooking and honestly a good chunk of the cleaning. She picks up the kids, so I'm home about an hour before her each day which allows me the time to do that. She handles most of the stuff with the kids like bath time, getting them ready for bed, keeping track of school activities, etc. She handles all of the decorating, painting, and all of that shit. I do the yardwork and other home repairs.

I think both of us would struggle at first without the other. There isn't enough time in the day without sacrificing hobbies and free time. I'm buying out the company here, and after a couple years, we'll have her work part-time over here. I think that will free up a lot of time to actually get shit done. We've had home improvements we've wanted to do for a while, but it's a pain in the ass trying to schedule to meet contractors and such. Life constantly feels hectic with a lot of scrambling around. I don't know how people who work 50+ with a commute handle it.

@Oblivian Currently working 50+ with 1 hour commute. Working on projects for the time being, not permanent, I couldn’t do this everyday.

"The Shredded Chef: 120 Recipes for Building Muscle, Getting Lean, and Staying Healthy"

...meanwhile, the "shredded chef" is probably on roids.

Ye of such little faith. He's never tested positive.

Right now things are tight in terms of time. I work M-F 40 Hours, with a 1 hour commute both ways. I also run a small business on Mon and Wed nights 6-9pm. I coach track on Thursday nights. Tuesday and Friday are the only evenings I have off during the week, and that's ending soon as we expand the clinic to a third location on Friday nights starting in April.

Then Lift for Kids starts March 1 - August 11..

I switched from taking the subway to taking the GO train which reduced my commute from an hour to 30-40 minutes. Combine that with starting earlier at my new job and I'm often home.by 4:45.

I've always done most of the cooking and that continued after our son was born. My wife feels like things are a bit more manageable for her now so she helps more and occasionally makes a slow cooker meal during the day.

My commute is OK, when the trains are on time with no delays (which is rare). If I'm starting work at 7am, I leave home at 05:25, walk a mile and a half to the train station, get the train at 05:56 and then after another short walk at the other end, am in the office for around 06:50. It's approx a 40 mile distance, door to door.

Registered for Masters Worlds yesterday. Pretty excited to have a goal to work towards again.

The scale hasn’t shown much of any difference, but I have been told that my appearance is less bloated of late. Going to stay on the meat boat.

I've got about 25% of my net worth in there now, what do you wanna know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back