Multiplatform Monster Hunter World

Vaal Hazak can suck a cock
I thought he was the easiest end boss I'd fought until the end when he went ape shit.

Carted me twice when he was hurt. Thankfully I got him when he limped back to his nest.

I really need to work unlocking all of the Mantles and Palico Gadgets. I have a good assortment of Mantles, but missing the Electro Mantle which I'm sure I'll want for Kirin.

I don't have any additional Gadgets, but the Vigro Gadget is pretty handy so haven't really felt the need. Now that I'm finally going after some of the Elder Dragons for drops I need to at least get the Plunder Blade to make farming materials a bit easier.

I thought he was the easiest end boss I'd fought until the end when he went ape shit.

Carted me twice when he was hurt. Thankfully I got him when he limped back to his nest.
Steel was the easiest for me, beat him solo in 22 mins.

Think it took me around half an hour the first time. I also thought he was the easiest. Teostra gave me fits the first couple of fights.

I really need to work unlocking all of the Mantles and Palico Gadgets. I have a good assortment of Mantles, but missing the Electro Mantle which I'm sure I'll want for Kirin.

I don't have any additional Gadgets, but the Vigro Gadget is pretty handy so haven't really felt the need. Now that I'm finally going after some of the Elder Dragons for drops I need to at least get the Plunder Blade to make farming materials a bit easier.

I haven't bothered changing since i got the plunderblade, it's great gives you like at the least an extra 6 mats per hunt.

I haven't bothered changing since i got the plunderblade, it's great gives you like at the least an extra 6 mats per hunt.

Dang, I was envisioning 2~3. 6 would be great.

I got KO'd when I was under geared on my first attempt. Got him when I upgraded a few things. I wasn't a fan of the fight at all. Just felt tedious.

Twice in a row started a capture a tempered Jyuradarus(sp?) Investigation and had 3 other people in the hunt. Both times the morons killed it before it could be captured.

<1>

Only have 1 of that investigation left. I'll be doing it solo i guess.

Any tips for this Legiana beast? best weapon against it?

Poison or Thunder element, whatever weapon you use should be fine, slower hitting weapons might be an issue, he flies around a ton later.

I wrecked him pretty bad with a Switch Axe and Insect Glaive. The Glaive especially helps avoid his ice crap for the most part. If you have the Flashfly gadget constantly causing him to be blind or trapped helps a lot. My Palico is using the Hornfly Weapon which Paralyzes, and it usually gets stuns him on his own 2-3 times a fight.

Also, bring Flashpods and Flashbugs. You can only carry 3 Flashpods, but you can craft them in-mission with Flashbugs. If you hit Legiana while he is off the ground with a Flashpod, he'll come crashing down and flail on the ground for a few seconds to get in a bunch of free hits. When he gets up, he'll also be blinded for a few seconds and attack in random directions so you can capitalize on that as well.

If you hit him with the Flashpod while on the ground, it will just blind him. Be sure he's in the air when you use them. He usually hovers for quite a bit, so landing it on him while in the air is pretty easy.

And Like MardyBum said, if you have the Palico Gadget that plants Flash Bombs they will have the same effect, but they're stationary so you'll have to cut them to ignite them.

Nope Vaal Hazak is the hardest because of the cheap environmental bullshit. If he blights you and knocks you into the acid water you’re dead. If he blights you and follows up, you’re dead. Pretty much just poor boss designZ

Vaal Hazak can suck a cock

He's one of the easiest of you wear effluvia resist stuff. Also every cloak adds immunity to the incremental damage aura as every cloak has a "mask" effect. If you space things well you can really wreck him by staggering cloaks, health booster, and blocking effluvia. He has nearly zero defense so died quickly if you can stack the damage.

Dang, I was envisioning 2~3. 6 would be great.

The plunderblade is crazy. I used it for a long time to stack money. I've gotten as many as 8 loots in a single fight and when it's leveled up it can pull high end stuff off monsters too. Totally OP for farming. Vigorwasp is still king for progression of course.

Dude Xenojivia or whatever has like 1 billion HP. I’m dying based on attrition, can’t avoid attacks forever

Just about have all the parts for the Nergal Judicator Great Sword. Just need 1 tail, so really I don't even need to beat him I can just sever the tail and loot. If I don't get it, quit and try again. I needed 2 Tails total and only got 1 in 4 carves. Going to be a HUGE upgrade over my current GS, so looking forward to getting my hands on that bastard, it adds like almost +200 raw damage, 120 Dragon, a good chunk of Blue Sharpness, and High Elder Seal.

My buddy just got me this game on PS4. I've been using the bone version of the twin blades currently. Lots of fun.

Just about have all the parts for the Nergal Judicator Great Sword. Just need 1 tail, so really I don't even need to beat him I can just sever the tail and loot. If I don't get it, quit and try again. I needed 2 Tails total and only got 1 in 4 carves. Going to be a HUGE upgrade over my current GS, so looking forward to getting my hands on that bastard, it adds like almost +200 raw damage, 120 Dragon, a good chunk of Blue Sharpness, and High Elder Seal.
Mine has an AR of 1025, I’ve got like level 5 attack boost and level 3 weakness exploit. It’s awesome. I still prefer the charge blade due to it being able to spam its power attacks. With the GS timing is everything.

Decided to try a female character out. The armor sets look way different. Going with swords this time. Really liking the feel of the long sword, I'm making quick work of everything. I played around more with the great sword and I'm thinking I might give that another chance. I abandoned it pretty quickly early one. Twin swords was fun as well but I'm not sure how well it would fit my play style.

Finished up my Nergal Judicator this morning before work, but haven't had a chance to give her a test spin so looking forward to smashing through all of my low rank side quests with it.

Starting to take a look at gear planning for my next set. Dragonking Eye patch seems like a no brainer and I already have the mats for, but didn't want to invest my High Commendation without shopping around first. The Demascus(sp?) set has some nice Great Sword skills, high defense, and is fairly easy to build so I will probably be upgrading to that. Need some more research before I make up my mind.

Back