Woodley Wants to Take White to the Woodshed... White Loses Interest in Marketing Him

Woodley's self-promotion is horrible

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“I was really pissed off,” Woodley said. … “I could see if it was a situation that I literally just made up.”

To Woodley, all he was saying was that he thinks [a fight against Diaz] could happen. He never said that there was a bout agreement or specific negotiations going on. Woodley said he thinks White went too far in essentially calling him a liar.

“That’s a little bit harsh, a little bit hardcore for somebody who is wearing the belt of your organization, that people and young fighters aspire to enter the UFC, they aspire to be UFC champion,” Woodley said. “I don’t think many people are going to aspire to be the champion when they see how champions are treated. And they see that the non-champions and the people that are unprofessional — middle-finger flicking, shit talking — they’re actually making the money.

“So what kind of picture are we trying to put out? I thought we were going in the direction to be parallel with the NFL, NHL, MLB and the other professional sports. It’s a circus until it comes to Tyron [The Victim] and now we want to go back to the old-school rubric. I got issues with that.”

Woodley said that White told him on the call that the fight the UFC wants is Woodley defending the title against Rafael dos Anjos. Woodley said that fight has never been formally offered to him and if it was, he would accept it. All Woodley is trying to get across, he said, is that he wants a fight with a big-name opponent.

One day after Woodley said a fight with Diaz was a possibility, Diaz essentially backed him up. Diaz told ESPN that Woodley was “my best option” for a comeback bout. Woodley noted that White never said anything about those quotes from Diaz.

“I just didn’t think that was right,” Woodley said. “I think even if he thought that way, it could have been said a different way. I think a lot of people spun what I was saying. Never said this fight was in negotiations. Never said any of those things. Then when Nate came out, I never heard anybody say how full of shit Nate was. It’s so funny it was a one-sided bashing.”

. . .

White said Diaz has never been offered to Woodley.

. . .

There was a time when the UFC reached out to him and committed to doing things differently in terms of marketing him, Woodley said. But the Missouri native feels like that has stopped and “shit ain’t working.” White’s “full of shit” comments are just the latest demonstration of that, he said.

“It can’t go down like that,” Woodley said. “It’s very damaging for me, for a fighter that’s trying to generate his brand and his name.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/2/...na-white-comments-has-sitdown-meeting-planned

Tyron would be a lot easier to defend if he wasn’t trying to pick a fight with a lightweight who hasn’t fought in a year and a half and has struggled with strong wrestlers.

He didn't really deny he was full of it (regarding the Nate fight) though.

And it is a fight that virtually no one outside of Tyron himself gives a rats ass about. Completely pointless match-up.

Sorry but i have to do this

tumblr_m77fomE0161qaa8d1o2_r1_500.gif

041e0c9163ac0cc908bb54811ce6effa--jokes.jpg

Meh. He has at least got people talking about him. There are so many champions in this era who are bland and have no USP. You neither hate nor love them. Woodley isn't one of those. I hate him. So props.

Tyron would be a lot easier to defend if he wasn’t trying to pick a fight with a lightweight who hasn’t fought in a year and a half and has struggled with strong wrestlers.

My thoughts exactly. I think people around here exaggerate with all the Woodley hate, but he sure does know how to make it hard for me to defend him every now and then.

So Dana wasn’t lying...and Tyron was. And now Tyron doesn’t like that.

Well, the fact that his last couple of title defenses have been absolute snoozefests certainly doesn't help Woodley. Is there anyone who's truly excited to see Woodley's next fight right now? Anyone?

Woodley's side makes perfect sense. Dana White is full of shit

Inb4 sherfront decides Dana White miraculously isn't full of shit when it comes to Woodley

In regards to self promotion has Woodley ever made anything but the absolute worst moves at every possible moment?

Remember when Woodley wouldn’t fight Lombard because it was “bad for his brand”?

That’s what the ending reminded me of. Lol

it will be one of the greatest MMA days ever when woodley loses his belt. alhamdullilah

Sorry but i have to do this

tumblr_m77fomE0161qaa8d1o2_r1_500.gif

041e0c9163ac0cc908bb54811ce6effa--jokes.jpg

I legit couldn't believe when he lost to Saffiedine

Nate is the definition of a "sometimes he's on, sometimes he's off" fighter

Not someone you ever want to put money on since you never know who's going to walk into the cage

I doubt anything Woodley says can make up for what he does in the Octagon. Nobody wants to see him fight. Really the only angle the UFC has left in marketing his next fight is trying to convince people that whoever the challenger is, they will be able to force Woodley to engage.

I legit couldn't believe when he lost to Saffiedine

Nate is the definition of a "sometimes he's on, sometimes he's off" fighter

Not someone you ever want to put money on since you never know who's going to walk into the cage
Yeah sometimes hes on the juice, sometimes hes not.

Meh. He has at least got people talking about him. There are so many champions in this era who are bland and have no USP. You neither hate nor love them. Woodley isn't one of those. I hate him. So props.

The problem is there are two kinds of guys you hate.

Guys you want to see get knocked out or are still great to watch.

Then you have Tyrun... Who I've already seen get beat and KO'd in a satisfactory manner. I just want this bratty/entitled/delusional fuck to go away from this 15 minutes of slight fame he has weasel'd his way into.

Something tells me Dana would love to see anyone else but Woodley as a champion

Back