Woodley Wants to Take White to the Woodshed... White Loses Interest in Marketing Him

Woodley's self-promotion is horrible

• Total voters
Nothing TO market. Boring fighter with a shitty attitude and an unearned sense of entitlement. He's got some decent finishes on his resume but if you take entire fights they are generally boring leading up to them. He acts like he's held the title for 10 years and cleared the division.

If Woodley's self promotion is so horrible why are there daily threads bashing him and everything he does?

It doesn't matter if you're talking good about him or bad about him all publicity is good publicity.

Woodley is turning into quite the heel.

A good heel is someone like Floyd...What Tyron is doing is creating a lack of interest and just making fight fans numbingly tired of him. To the point where people are disinterested in his fights. They will look up the PbP to see if he is finally gone but won't tune in. That money he so wants comes from people wanting to see you fight. People want to watch Floyd for either his prowess or to see him lose...This doesn't apply for Tyron.

Tyron is constantly shooting his feet off at every turn and is either too stupid/ignorant/delusional to see it...Or he actually believes being this whiny cunt furthers his brand/career in some way...which it isn't.

I hate it when Dana craps all over a fighter. And Woodley seems well-reasoned here, and certainly has been taking on legit challengers...

But from the second gold hit his waistline Tyron's been bitching for a money fight, even with guys like Diaz who have no logical reason to be mentioned in WW title shot discussions. I can't blame Dana for riding extra hard on his ass to stay on the path.

Tyrone wants to be respected as a champion by Dana and the UFC and yet he's calling out nate diaz.

If Tyrone wants to be respected as a champion then he should act like a champion.

The problem with woodley is as soon as he got the belt...he forced to be picky...you had the easiest division right now...trust your skill...outside of Macdonald...nobody really is there to challenge him...

Nate is the definition of a "sometimes he's on, sometimes he's off" fighter

Nate is more like a "sometimes he's matched up against guys who don't wrestle, sometimes he's not" fighter.

Woodley ain’t wrong about the Dana treating him like shit part though, but he also ridiculous trying to call out Nate Fiaz of all people. Two wrongs don’t make a right here. Woodley wants a money fight, we all get that, but his division still has viable contenders and he hasn’t exactly been the most exciting champ.

Tyrone wants to be respected as a champion by Dana and the UFC and yet he's calling out nate diaz.

If Tyrone wants to be respected as a champion then he should act like a champion.

Tyrone defines a "true champion" as a guy who's not a shit talker and doesn't flick the middle finger.

He obviously thinks kids should look up to a champ who holds out to fight an unranked opponent.

I would like someone... anyone... to actually prove that Diaz is a "draw" or a "money fight". Why does Tyron, or anyone else, think that Nate Diaz is the road to his big payday?

It's a smokescreen to get a fight against the stylistically best and easiest opponent Woodley could face. If for whatever reason Tyron isn't actually that stupid, and it's his management team's push for his best route to a huge payday, they should be fired and replaced immediately.

Nate Diaz has never once headlined a PPV card without Conor, so there is basically zero data to back that up. To be fair, most people that bought that PPV did so for Conor. Whether it was to watch him win or lose, he was the selling point, not Diaz.

If Woodley is, as he claims trying to land an opponent with name brand value and dipping into the LW division, then why pick Nate Diaz? Why not Conor himself? Or Khabib, or the actual Interim champ in Tony? Woodley's full of shit... he tried piecing together the fight that's easiest for him, not the one that gets him paid or "builds his brand".

Why does he think he's entitled to a 'big name fight'? GSP is the only big name in his division and he's not around at the minute. That's the fight he should be pursuing, not looking for an easy fight.

Nate is more like a "sometimes he's matched up against guys who don't wrestle, sometimes he's not" fighter.

Tarec sure as shit didn't wrestle him

Nate just came in flat as I've ever seen a fighter and decided checking kicks was for sissies or something

Orrrrr they could try better match making?
Lol why is this all on Woodley? He didn't make the matches, and he wasn't in there fighting by himself.
There should have never been an immediate rematch to the WB fight. It's up to the challenger to TAKE the belt. But it seemed like the UFC was hoping that WB could become champ.

Tyron KO'd Ruthless Robbie (on a PPV the UFC didn't promote), and then almost decapitated WB in their first bout. The UFC HAD a good starting point for promoting Tyron. They chose not to, and now they want to put it all on Tyron?
Lol..what..?

How dare they schedule him to fight the #1 contender again that he didn't beat on the judges scorecards...

And after his last 3 fights, you'd be screaming for him to get cut if he was a prelim fighter. He totally abandoned what got him to/won him the title. Rather than fighting to win or finish a fight, now he's just a guy who fights not to lose.

The problem with woodley is as soon as he got the belt...he forced to be picky...you had the easiest division right now...trust your skill...outside of Macdonald...nobody really is there to challenge him...

RDA won the championship eliminator, he's entitled to the next WW shot... and in my opinion, is a terrible match up for Woodley.

RDA will take the fight to him, and keep pressuring him for as long as the fight goes on. Any fighter that doesn't fear Tyron's overhand right or wrestling has a good chance of beating him. Put Platinum in there. Tyron's more-well rounded, but I guaranteed you Perry will be pushing forward and swinging for the fences non-stop.

I really dislike Woodley as an athlete, of course not on a personal level. The guy truly thinks he is worth much more than he is. He’s put on several boring performances and that’s why not many people care to watch him fight. Couple that with this whiny, you owe me attitude and it becomes easy to root against the guy (on a professional level).

RDA won the championship eliminator, he's entitled to the next WW shot... and in my opinion, is a terrible match up for Woodley.

RDA will take the fight to him, and keep pressuring him for as long as the fight goes on. Any fighter that doesn't fear Tyron's overhand right or wrestling has a good chance of beating him. Put Platinum in there. Tyron's more-well rounded, but I guaranteed you Perry will be pushing forward and swinging for the fences non-stop.
but those are the fights he should take, not go after Conor or GSP...If he wants to be a legit champ, don't ask for easy fights.

It's because White is racist specifically and whites are racist in general.

It's a joke guys....

Trump! Trump! Trump!

Who is also a joke.

Chill!!!! That's a joke too!

Woodley hates that he is living in the shadow of GSP. He has some skills comparable to GSP, and yet he has never had, and will never enjoy, the popularity of GSP. It's mostly because of all the stupid things he says. Inside the octagon he can destroy fighters; outside he is a textbook case of self-destruction. GSP rarely said anything stupid. Woodley can barely open his mouth without putting his foot in it.

Woodley's side makes perfect sense. Dana White is full of shit

Inb4 sherfront decides Dana White miraculously isn't full of shit when it comes to Woodley

Exactly. Can't believe Dana isn't trying to do everything he can to repair the damage done.

How dare they schedule him to fight the #1 contender again that he didn't beat on the judges scorecards...

And after his last 3 fights, you'd be screaming for him to get cut if he was a prelim fighter. He totally abandoned what got him to/won him the title. Rather than fighting to win or finish a fight, now he's just a guy who fights not to lose.
He is the champ.
It's up to the challenger to win.
Instant rematches in almost all cases are stupid.

Their first fight was NOT exciting outside the end of the 4th round. There was no reason to think their next bout, a few scant months later would have produced a more exciting match.
THAT is on the UFC.
"Styles make fights " And it was pretty clear after the first fight that WB and Tyron would not make for an exciting rematch.

I'm not a casual, so, no, i wouldn't be screaming for a guy that won his fights to be cut, no matter how boring the bouts were. He didn't fight by himself. It's up to the challenger to help make that fight good as well.
Again, styles make fights. There was no reason to believe that a rematch with WB, or a fight with Damian Maia would result in exciting fights.
Surprise surprise, that a fight with an aggressive guy like Robbie ended aggressively .
Gee, i wonder what a fight between Tyron and aggressive guys like Perry, or Cerrone, or Diaz, or hey, RDA even, i wonder what those fights would look like?

Lol why the hell are people so surprised that a fight between 2 counter punchers, and another with a 40 year old jiu-jitsu guy with great grappling and mediocre striking ended up being boring ?

Back