Matt Serra - Why didn't someone save Luke Rockhold from Yoel Romero (Kissing him)?

Yeah a bunch of pudgey trainers and coaches gonna stop Yoel from kissing luke after he starched their prized pupil. They'd have let Yoel fuck if he wanted to.

I wouldnt have been mad at rockhold if he hit romero at that point. Even right after it happened I was thinking damn luke is actually pretty calm, he wasnt like that after the bisping ko.

Way rather see this than Bisping shouting 'do you even know where you are right now, you're in the octagon by the way'.

There may be a cultural gap here, but this represents sportsmanship and a true martial artist more than most examples.

hahaha, I have to agree with Serra here.

It was a bizarre moment, and I'm not quite sure why it was allowed to happen. Normally, after a KO, the fighter is usually isolated with doctors / medical staff surrounding them.

"You don't want a guy who just put your lights out and crushed your dreams, and now you got the guy, he pins you up against the cage, and he's kissing ya, telling you all this stuff." - Serra

I am glad it made Matt uncomfortable. Lol. Italians.

Lifetime channel just booked Yoel and Luke for their next love story weekly special.

Yeah, im a Yoel fan, but i don't like when fighters do that shit.

By all means ,if you KO a guy, go check on him, offer a handshake and kind words, but don't go grabbing on the dude.
It's bad enough you got your ass beat on TV, and now the same dude is gonna go up to you and kiss and hug on you after cleaning your clock? That's just a recipe for disaster
They need to keep fighters separate

Even if I wanted it, Yoel looks like the kinda guy I’d be afraid to get it from

This pic says it all, really.

Just look at Luke's face.

kiss.jpg

giphy.gif
They wanted a moment caught on camera for the next promo. Isolating the fighters with Luke on a stool does them no good.

I agree with Matt Serra. This is unacceptable behavior. Luke should file an appeal and Romero should be severely disciplined.

Rockholds lack of head movement is his biggest problem in every situation...

I realize rockhold was Dazed and Confused but he gained a lot of my respect in that moment. How many other Fighters would stand there and take their medicine in that weird awkward way. He just stood there and took it, didn't throw a fit, though he clearly didn't like it. I thought he was a real gentleman about it and I respect him for it.
I genuinely don't think his head was clear enough to garner any type of reaction. Which just makes it even more pathetic on Yoel's part and everyone that let it happen.

I thought it was weird, maybe Yoel had good intentions, but it reminded me of how Carl Lewis would walk down the lanes before a 100m and shake everyone's hand...just a reminder that I'm going to beat you and there's nothing you can do about it now or in the future.

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:8

Yolo did all that in 15 minutes

That is really good hahaha.

hahaha, I have to agree with Serra here.

It was a bizarre moment, and I'm not quite sure why it was allowed to happen. Normally, after a KO, the fighter is usually isolated with doctors / medical staff surrounding them.

"You don't want a guy who just put your lights out and crushed your dreams, and now you got the guy, he pins you up against the cage, and he's kissing ya, telling you all this stuff." - Serra

I think fighters need to get there team to separate the opponent from the emasculating post fight pep talk. Cant fucking stand that fake humility bullshit.

It was a long ass talk in broken English to a concussed man. Luke probably doesn't remember a single word.

Yeah a bunch of pudgey trainers and coaches gonna stop Yoel from kissing luke after he starched their prized pupil. They'd have let Yoel fuck if he wanted to.

Crazy Bob Cook would come to bang.

Back