Matt Serra - Why didn't someone save Luke Rockhold from Yoel Romero (Kissing him)?

This pic says it all, really.

Just look at Luke's face.

kiss.jpg

And Romero even has his eyes closed. Did anyone check for a boner?

i agree

Luke immediately wanted no part of it, slip up by the officials in there

may have been out of line, luke + yoel now share an emotional unbreakable bond and both are better for it

That was super awkward. He literally kissed him on the lips, and on the cheek and was caressing his ears all while aggressively yelling some cuban garble in his face. Very uncomfortable. Wtf is wrong with Yoel? Cant believe someone didnt intervene. That was not the time even for a less aggressive show of respect let alone that molestation.

Clearly he was pissed about Rockhold implying Yoel wasn't professional, which to be honest I actually believe anyone who misses weight is unprofessional.

But, they should never have allowed him anywhere near Luke. His actions, hugging and kissing, implied he was just trying to show respect, but the words he was saying were clearly meant to prove some alpha point. Hell, they even kept Brock away from Mir after the beating he gave him at 100, no reason they couldn't have, and shouldn't have kept Yoel away from an obviously impaired Luke.

i wish rockhold mustered the last energy in his power supply and pushed romero. he was just so confused and concussed though

its just a game though, why can't you say good match and shake hands when you lost

Because Luke wanted it to happen

That was super awkward. He literally kissed him on the lips, and on the cheek and was caressing his ears all while aggressively yelling some cuban garble in his face.

Does anyone know what he actually said to Luke?

The ear caress was extra wrong. lol

Well, you allow yourself to be savagely knocked out you have to pay the consequences. If that means accepting kisses for a few moments then so be it. Maybe that’ll motivate Luke to improve his defense, striking, attitude and seek out severe psychiatric adjustment to improve his entire personality.

Back