Woodley Wants to Take White to the Woodshed... White Loses Interest in Marketing Him

Woodley's self-promotion is horrible

• Total voters
He’s been trying to generate his “brand” for years now, his brand is boring, that’s why he’s always whining about something

He expects big fights and big money and fan adoration and he gives us stinker after stinker (Maia, WBx2, Rory just off the top of my head)

Then he’s gonna say “we’ll I didn’t need to do anything more, he couldn’t take me down”, then he’s gonna go back to crying

You can’t will a fan base you dickhead

Well said, although I would have left out the insult.

Woodley is right about A LOT of what he says with regard to the UFC basically abandoning its campaign to be taken seriously as a legitimate professional sport in America. That ship has just about sailed of late.

Still, can't stand the guy. He's right, but he's also boring as hell to watch and I can't stand his attitude.

He's also being hypocritical, because since he got the belt he's been clamoring for a money fight, mostly calling out the Diaz bro's.

I hate it when Dana craps all over a fighter. And Woodley seems well-reasoned here, and certainly has been taking on legit challengers...

But from the second gold hit his waistline Tyron's been bitching for a money fight, even with guys like Diaz who have no logical reason to be mentioned in WW title shot discussions. I can't blame Dana for riding extra hard on his ass to stay on the path.

Exactly.

Tyron milking that victim card like he’s been doing it his entire life

Something tells me Dana would love to see anyone else but Woodley as a champion

Unfortunately he allowed his worst matchup to sign with Bellator. Sans Rory, I don’t see very many terrifying stylistic matchups for Woodley. RDA has a well rounded skill set but he’s giving up too much size and length. His wrestling will likely negate Colby or Usman’s strengths and no one wants to see another Wonderboy fight so with that in mind, he’s actually a very tough out as champ.

Woodly nearing that mark of another fighter I wont pay to watch anymore.

Hard to take seriously the self-promotion of any champ that just fought three of the worst UFC title fights in history in a row.

He should have accepted the fight with Colby at UFC 219.

Orrrrr they could try better match making?
Lol why is this all on Woodley? He didn't make the matches, and he wasn't in there fighting by himself.
There should have never been an immediate rematch to the WB fight. It's up to the challenger to TAKE the belt. But it seemed like the UFC was hoping that WB could become champ.

Tyron KO'd Ruthless Robbie (on a PPV the UFC didn't promote), and then almost decapitated WB in their first bout. The UFC HAD a good starting point for promoting Tyron. They chose not to, and now they want to put it all on Tyron?
Lol..what..?
Yeah a draw is a great way to establish yourself as champ in your first defense.

Are you going to watch his next fight?

RDA vs Woodley?
Diaz vs Woodley?

Are you not going to watch these fights?

Not pay for it that is for certain. Will definitely not watch the joke that is him vs Diaz.

That is also my point...Nobody is paying to watch him fight.

Mighty Mouse has recently realised the error of his ways and wants to be co-main on cards with guys who bring in numbers because unlike Woodley...He didn't chose to remain ignorant to his brand.

What do you believe specifically?

You pick any he said/he said between the two I'll believe TWoods version, White as lost all credibility.

Even when twood acknowledges what White said was correct.

As I said I believe TWood if he acknowledges Dana was truthful for once I believe him...

Lol at the inevitable playing of the race card.

Do people like you still feel cool every time you type "PLAYING THE RACE CARD" (as if race is a card and not a real thing lmao) ?? It's one of the most predictable replies you expect from a dumbass; it's between that and dismissing every complaint a person of color might have as "playing the victim,"

shit gets repeated 98724982x a day.

It's the only explanation for why white people could disagree with or criticize a black man.

Lmao, that's your dumbass brain taking it to an extreme to try and dismiss the legitimacy of how this forum looks at Tyron Woodley. I don't like him as a fighter, but I also don't feel the need to remind myself out loud that he's "playing the victim" or always "pulling the race card" like so many on this forum do every time he is vocal about issues he has with the company he works for. it's not really up for debate that any black fighter that's spoken up about how differently they're treated (and they are, also not up for debate) gets shit on around here. don't cry just because a few of us aren't inbred enough to tag along

Do people like you still feel cool every time you type "PLAYING THE RACE CARD" (as if race is a card and not a real thing lmao) ?? It's one of the most predictable replies you expect from a dumbass; it's between that and dismissing every complaint a person of color might have as "playing the victim,"

shit gets repeated 98724982x a day.

Of course race itself is not a card. You fail to grasp the obvious metaphor, where race is an argument made in any discussion that is intended to function as a trump card functions in many card games: ie it automatically wins. It is intellectually lazy and cheapens our discourse about important issues like race.

The reason you hear the term "the race card" often is probably because you employ such cheap tactics often.

Lmao, that's your dumbass brain taking it to an extreme to try and dismiss the legitimacy of how this forum looks at Tyron Woodley. I don't like him as a fighter, but I also don't feel the need to remind myself out loud that he's "playing the victim" or always "pulling the race card" like so many on this forum do every time he is vocal about issues he has with the company he works for. it's not really up for debate that any black fighter that's spoken up about how differently they're treated (and they are, also not up for debate) gets shit on around here. don't cry just because a few of us aren't inbred enough to tag along

The issue is whether his race matters in this specific instance. And it does not, nor can it be easily shown to be affecting anyone's attitude on whether they believe him or Dana White in this brouhaha.

Also, please note, I did not accuse Tyron of playing the race card here, just the dullard who saw this tempest in a teapot as a racial issue. I'm assuming that was you, because the vacuous nature of your response here is consistent with the inanity of the original comment.

Of course race itself is not a card. You fail to grasp the obvious metaphor, where race is an argument made in any discussion that is intended to function as a trump card functions in many card games: ie it automatically wins. It is intellectually lazy and cheapens our discourse about important issues like race.

This is incredibly ironic, because important issues like race have those conversations stifled because of people who insist on spamming "playing the race card," "playing the victim," blah blah. What you're doing is assuming that any time race is brought up that it is being brought up as a card and not as a relevant factor.

What I said was "inb4 Sherfront decides Dana White isn't full of shit in regards to Woodley." I did not say in regards to black athletes as a whole.

The reason you hear the term "the race card" often is probably because you employ such cheap tactics often.

ironic considering,

http://forums.sherdog.com/search/104585279/?q=race+card&o=relevance&c[user][0]=453793

you've been crying about the big bad race card since 2014. perhaps you can't help yourself but try to dismiss other point of views by dismissing them as cards :rolleyes:

The issue is whether his race matters in this specific instance. And it does not, nor can it be easily shown to be affecting anyone's attitude on whether they believe him or Dana White in this brouhaha.

No, that isn't the issue here because that isn't relevant to the post you were quoting. Threads on Sherdog are not exclusive from one another. What happens in other threads about the same subject are absolutely relevant when looking at perception as a whole, and that's what I was getting at. That I completely anticipated that people would disregard Dana White being full of shit 100% of the time because it was a thread that was essentially D.W vs T.W.

If you took arms with the term Sherfront, well, too bad you crybaby

This is incredibly ironic, because important issues like race have those conversations stifled because of people who insist on spamming "playing the race card," "playing the victim," blah blah. What you're doing is assuming that any time race is brought up that it is being brought up as a card and not as a relevant factor.

What I said was "inb4 Sherfront decides Dana White isn't full of shit in regards to Woodley." I did not say in regards to black athletes as a whole.

ironic considering,

It isn't irony. Of course, people can use the "stop playing the race card" argument spuriously to stifle conversation. I did not. I stifled unfounded race baiting. No one had addressed race or made any racially demeaning comments toward Woodley prior to you accused Sherdog in general of white supremacy.

If you can't point out specifically who you think is racist and what they said that you think was racist, you should shut the fuck up. Broad based accusations white supremacy aren't constructive, you insulting twit.

http://forums.sherdog.com/search/104585279/?q=race+card&o=relevance&c[user][0]=453793
you've been crying about the big bad race card since 2014. perhaps you can't help yourself but try to dismiss other point of views by dismissing them as cards :rolleyes:

1. Is the metaphor of it being a card really that hard for you to grasp? I don't think it is. I think you are pretending to be stupid to score cheap points, as if by using that metaphor I were demeaning any attempt to address race. I am not.

2. Since 2014 I've had 30K posts, and you've found 19 instances where I used the words "race card". Do the math.

In fact, what is funny is that if you look at the instances where I employed that term, several are in a thread where I defend Tyron Woodley against people accusing him of playing the race card.

If you took arms with the term Sherfront, well, too bad you crybaby

Do you mean take umbrage? Whatever you meant, obviously you intended to cause offense when you compared the views of most Sherdoggers with that of white supremacists. You had little basis for doing so and are essentially an unthinking bigot.

The irony of the race card is that its usage hinges on broad-based negative racial stereotyping.

It isn't irony. Of course, people can use the "stop playing the race card" argument spuriously to stifle conversation.

Then you don't understand the irony, BECAUSE (continue reading)

I did not. I stifled unfounded race baiting. No one had addressed race or made any racially demeaning comments toward Woodley prior to you accused Sherdog in general of white supremacy.

If you can't point out specifically who you think is racist and what they said that you think was racist, you should shut the fuck up. Broad based accusations white supremacy aren't constructive, you insulting twit..

You didn't do a goddamn thing but change the topic of contention; I said people were going to make exceptions for Dana White because this is a topic in regards to Tyron Woodley. I did not say that anything racist had happened. If anything, you are the reason race has been brought up at all other than the label "Sherfront," But there's no fucking way that would get you this worked up, so it's pretty damn clear you're trying to get another conversation going where you can blame the world for playing the race card like you've been doing for 4+ years on this website.

obviously you intended to cause offense when you compared the views of most Sherdoggers with that of white supremacists. You had little basis for doing so and are essentially an unthinking bigot.

The irony of the race card is that its usage hinges on broad-based negative racial stereotyping.

Are you calling Sherdoggers a race?

You're overly dramatic and are very clearly looking to create your own narrative here. I don't really care to be part of it. You brought up race, not me. You're arguing against people who bring up race, not me. See where this gets a little weird?

oh, and of course it's a fucking metaphor I was referring to it the same way. holy shit.

Back