Deontay Wilder is down to fight Stipe...

Wilder should focus on Ortiz, who is the first fighter he will be fighting who will throw punches back and/or hasn’t got a part-time job on the side.

Wilder is a big shiny metaphor for everything wrong with modern Boxing. Padded record full of fucking bums, protected fighter who cares more about keeping a 0 loss record than a challenge.

His technique is fucking diabolical and he is 39-0(?) having fought like one guy who was ranked top 20, it’s absolutely ridiculous.

Joshua would slide 1/2s straight up the pipe all night and make Wilder look like a fucking retard.

I don't think diabolical means what you think it means...

We're in agreement in that regard.

I'm just saying that using the word 'fight' to describe a potential boxing match in the context of an MMA forum is not a very fruitful way of conveying what is being discussed in the video. Especially when in the MMA bubble, it's pretty much a standard to call MMA matches "fights" and MMA athletes "fighters", whereas boxing has it's own established terminology that should be used for that context instead.
I see what you mean. Both sports use a lot of semantics. I do find those nuances entertaining.

Zero interest in a boxing match between the two honestly. An MMA match however? Hell yeah.
But MMA fight would be even more uneven. Stipe could last a few rounds in a boxing ring, maybe, while Deontay would last seconds in the octagon.

39 nobodies yes
Nobody you know doesn't mean nobody. It just means you don't know them. I'm not even an avid boxing fan, so I don't know a bunch of the names either. I get that boxing pads records.

It's one thing to beat 39 cans. It's entirely different to KO all but 1 of them. Like I said before, he doesn't have the prettiest form, but he can crack for sure. If any of the UFC heavies are bold enough to step into the boxing ring with him, Deontay would gladly add them to his KO list.

If anyone in the UFC or in MMA in general had the skills to compete in boxing at the highest level, they would be boxing, not getting kicked in the face, kneed in the gut or getting choked out for chump change.

P.S. I stand corrected: Deontay fought Bermane Stiverne twice. He didn't KO him the first time, but KTFO'd him the 2nd time. BTW, Bermane was previously the WBC champ from 2014-2015. I guess any nobody could hold that title, so that's not very impressive.

At what point did he "almost murder him"? If anything, Stipe was the one landing bigger shots on Ngannou in that first round.

the part where stipe had that 1000 yard stare and decided he just going to wind down the clock.

It's because Joshua is a huge draw and wilder isn't you numb nuts

wilder without a training camp should be fun. wilder by street fight/KO

Wilder should just train wrestling for a couple months and fight Ngannou in the UFC.

-Gets huge money.

-In the event he gets submitted, no damage to his boxing career, and the push might actually be enough to force the Joshua fight anyway. And he could hype it up and talk enough shit that Francis would know that he'd look bad going for subs.

-If he wins, Joshua fight definitely happens, and is bigger than it ever would have been.

the part where stipe had that 1000 yard stare and decided he just going to wind down the clock.

At exactly what point did that happen? Ngannou landed a few times but it never looked like he even rocked Stipe. Stipe didn't wrestle him because he "almost got murdered", he did it because Ngannou was clueless on what to do and it's an easy risk free way to win.

Stipe's only chance to make some real money is to fight Joshua or Wilder. But Dana would probably refuse to let him.

After Cormier, who else is there for him?

Stipe would clown him.
He is no match for the best HW of ALL TIME

lol wilder fights cans, such an overhyped boxer. joshua is the real deal.

What's a boxing fans perspective on Wilder?
Legit or untested

Stipe has a pretty big fight lined up already, if you hadn’t noticed.

Also, the bloke’s name is Anthony JOSHUA...

Still.

Would watch.
That's the price you pay when your both an MMA and boxing fan. lol

Except for the fact the Deontay has no idea who the UFC champ is.
Doesn't seem like AJ knows who Stipe is either lol.
DCYmmyiW0AICtT-.jpg

Why? The would both be lopsided. Unless Deontay lands something crazy, he gets taken down and beaten to a pulp or submitted.
Same for a boxing match, Deontay lights him up and KO's him.

I don't understand why one is more interesting than the other, they're both mismatches imo.

LOL @ people saying Ngannou's striking is on par with Wilders, as crazy and wild as it is.
This is what I'm saying. America has no respect for it's heavy weight champ. I don't get it. He's a ko artist and a big mouth shit talker. What the fuck is there promoter doing? Why isn't he on Conan or Kimmel? I've only ever seen him on Radio, Hot 97 and Sway. That's the same level as Might Mouse promotion.

Ortiz will be separated from consciousness within 9 rounds. Wilder's inside game was proven in the Duahapas fight, and his outboxing skills were proven in Stiverne 1. Chances are he won't need either of them.

Be honest, do you actually watch boxing?

His technique is diabolical because in 39 fights nobody has been able to beat him. Everyone he's faced has been knocked out.

Less amateur fights = More pro fights. Who did Rocky Marciano beat after 39 fights aside from a 40 year old Joe Louis?

PEDvetkin and Ortiz failed drug tests. Klitschko ducked him a few years back after Wilder called him out twice. Parker ducked him. Fury ruined their fight w/ his mental issues. Joshua said he might wait until 2019 so he can "be in a better position to win." All facts.

Deontay Wilder will decapitate Anthony Joshua before the 7th round. He will most likely knock him out with a straight right hand.

You’re delusional. He has fought nobody at all, he is circa 1/100 odds to win in all his bouts.

He has power, but if you put him in with even Dillian Whyte, he’d struggle.

This is what I'm saying. America has no respect for it's heavy weight champ. I don't get it. He's a ko artist and a big mouth shit talker. What the fuck is there promoter doing? Why isn't he on Conan or Kimmel? I've only ever seen him on Radio, Hot 97 and Sway. That's the same level as Might Mouse promotion.

Probably because anyone with a brain and a basic knowledge of Boxing knows that he is shite.

If he had been doing this to Klitscho / Joshua or even Haye / Whyte he would be a huge name.

Nobody outside or inside the US knows who he is. Eddie Hearn offered him Dillain Whyte, which he could’ve taken for circa 3-5m, beaten and set up a huge fight with AJ. His team bottled it because they know if he loses then his big pay day opportunity has gone.

Hopefully AJ beats Parker handily whilst Wilder beats Ortiz, then we can see AJ vs Deontay, which will be a drubbing.

I will probably bet on Ortiz to go the distance with Wilder.

Back