Does anyone see Cat Zingano becoming a champion?

I have always been a fan of hers. Always thought Cat Zingano was the most game female fighter as far as overall skill and toughness. She displayed the toughness against Tate and has a win over Nunes.

I feel she had/has what it takes to have beaten Ronda Rousey if she hadn't had such a horrible game plan.

The thing is now can she make it back to the top in either 135 or 145 lbs?

I want to hear some Sherdog opinions.

Did she beat Ronda Rousey?

Coulda woulda shoulda.....

No. She has been thru too much and is now3 a single mom, suffering from depression and can't train with the same intensity she did to get to besting Tate/Nunes level. She looked like she had not improved at all vs Pena and like she possibly regressed. Let us also not forget that Mauricio was her coach as well as her husband.

No sir. Unless Nunes slips on a banana peel in the octagon or something.

I have always been a fan of hers. Always thought Cat Zingano was the most game female fighter as far as overall skill and toughness. She displayed the toughness against Tate and has a win over Nunes.

I feel she had/has what it takes to have beaten Ronda Rousey if she hadn't had such a horrible game plan.

Cat hasn't fought in a decade. Nunes was winning fight against her until she ran out of steam. Now that Nunes cardio has been addressed...she would murder Zigano without question.

The game has passed her by.

Really I think Cyborg is a better goal for her to aim for than a BW belt. Cyborg needs to fight names regardless. She has a tough road to the belt in any division IMO. Cyborg COULD BE an immediate shot.
Yeah but with her concussion issues,I don't think she'd ready for that. Maybe another year of breaking some grapplers at BW, get a couple of wins under her, let the brain heal a little (while also working out any ring rust), then I'd say she's primed and ready for that match up.

Not necessarily saying she'd win,but she'd be a lot more ready than her going straight for the title, coming off a long layoff and a loss.

Yeah but with her concussion issues,I don't think she'd ready for that. Maybe another year of breaking some grapplers at BW, get a couple of wins under her, let the brain heal a little (while also working out any ring rust), then I'd say she's primed and ready for that match up.

Not necessarily saying she'd win,but she'd be a lot more ready than her going straight for the title, coming off a long layoff and a loss.
Damn I actually was not aware she had some concussions. I get most fighters get them but hers sounds like they were bad. That's a sham, I really like her

Did she beat Ronda Rousey?

Coulda woulda shoulda.....
I think its hilarious how Ronda Rousey was considered the womens GOAT, unbeatable, untouchable.

Now she never knew how to fight...lol People make her sound like she went from Jon Jones to CM Punk in the course of 2 fights ....not saying theyre wrong. It basically is what it is

Not championship material. Not active enough. I genuinely think she would have beaten Rousey if not for that retarded game plan. In her defense, no one knew Ronda's striking was complete dogshit at the time. Perhaps that's what makes her brain fart all the more head scratching. Why dive head first into Ronda's bread and butter without testing the unknown striking department...i digress. Long story short, she had her chance at gold and she shit the bed.

Very sexy tho

Been a fan since the Tate fight. But no.... Plus she wasn't that great doing interviews for Legacy. So I hope she is successful in her return.

How? She never fights

At one time I had high hopes for Cat. Still looking forward to seeing her scrap again.

we should have a separate forum to talk abt WMMA...no one wants to hear abt tht shit unless it's a thread abt a hot girl and u post pics
we should petition the mods to replace Worldwide with WMMA talk and use the heavies for male mma.

The death of her spouse(and bjj coach) really hit her hard and effected her career like it would anybody.

I would love Pime Cat vs present day Shevchenko.

In short. YES. If Amanda and Cyborg get into a super fight. Good chances they both get injured for months...So cat would have a good opportunity not only at 135 but also at 145 to be an INTERIM champ. She could even be a double interim titles holder, a CHAMP CHAMP. Then from there she got 50% chance to get a real title.
I feel my mma math is on point.

Back