Alexander Gustafsson has some harsh words for Rockhold, and Daniel Cormier

I like Gus but pretty weak of him to call both out, especially Rockhold who got beaten and pretty much humiliated by being kissed by Romero.

Well Gus should shut his mouth
Dc isn’t holding the div hostage he defended 3 weeks ago
Gus should try to earn his shot for once
Great fighter but he only beat Manuwa and past their primes shogun and Glover
Those are the best wins of his career....
« My division » lol

And also because those guys do everything they can to avoid fighting him again. At least Jones and DC, Rumble prob would have no problem.

Its not their fault Gus pulled out of the Jones rematch and that hes incapable of winning enough of fights to earn another title shot

Hes been gifted 2 title shots already and lost them both, lets make him earn one by winning fights

Would watch. So are we still going to have all the Rockhold fanboys claiming this would be another easy fight for him? If prime Gus shows up Rockhold will be lights-out. Gus beat EDITED: JBJ to a pulp in a tough loss.

Its not their fault Gus pulled out of the Jones rematch and that hes incapable of winning enough of fights to earn another title shot

Hes been gifted 2 title shots already and lost them both, lets make him earn one by winning fights

A) He got his first title shot after 6 fight win streak. There has never been a LHW in the UFC who has needed 7 UFC wins in a row to earn a title shot. So calling his first title shot a "gift" is bullshit.

B) He was ranked the 1 contender when he beat the 2nd contender Glover = earning a title shot.

Bye.

Alex just needs to fight. Don't see anyone in the top 10 beating him, another top win would make his case so much stronger. Maybe fight OSP if he beats Latifi.

DC isn't coming back until the end of the year (if he comes back at all and doesn't retire or something), so in the interim Gus should have at least one fight.

It's kind of sad that he will only be champ because Jon got banned, DC retired, Rumble retired, and Phil Davis went to another org.

No shit Davis would probably still beat him today.
Jesus lol, he might actually be the champ by default... Not because he was the best but because all the best went to new horizon... And this is bad for the UFC, I am sure they will try hard to find someone else other that Gus to market as the future champ because they can not have a champ that did not beat any one of the top 4 and who lost to a Bellator fighter...

Did I miss something? Did Luke say he wants to move up after he got ko'd?

Alex should fight more than once a year before he talks. He got his last free title shot coming off a knockout loss. Even with all of Jones's suspensions, Alex has only fought one more fight than him since their title fight.

DC's been twice as busy as Alex.

If prime Gus

Prime Gus...? You guyz need to lay off that wet fantasy of prime this and prime that... Prime Gus... WHO HAS HE BEATEN seriously...? Manuwa? Washed up Shogun? Washed up Glover...? Struggled over a journey man... His best performances are losses...

Did I miss something? Did Luke say he wants to move up after he got ko'd?

He was saying it before the fight with Romero. He said the weight cut was getting too hard on his body.

Jesus lol, he might actually be the champ by default... Not because he was the best but because all the best went to new horizon...

Gus could EASILY be the best LHW currently. Its just that we never get to see him fight vs Jones/DC again because they are either ducking him or Gus is injured or Jones is suspended etc.

Prime Gus...? You guyz need to lay off that wet fantasy of prime this and prime that... Prime Gus... WHO HAS HE BEATEN seriously...? Manuwa? Washed up Shogun? Washed up Glover...? Struggled over a journey man... His best performances are losses...

Yes, prime Gus who arguably beat prime Jones and prime DC (though he fought like shit vs DC and was coming off a KO loss, but nevertheless still almost KOd him and almost won the decision). He is that good no matter how much you hate it. You are even admitting that him beating Manuwa, Shogun and Glover are not even his best performances. A that kind of fighter must be insanely good, and you are right, he is.

Bye.

Did Gus just admit he's just a lowly Gatekeeper..? Less talk more fight get on a bus Gus and find your way to the octagon or shut the f*k up...
He's trying to get a fight right now, isn't he?

<36> <GSPWoah>

DC already beat this guy to a pulp and Luke would knock his fucking teeth out. Be careful what you wish for.

Easy win for Luke.

Ok so the DC / Gus fight was close and they both beat each other up. No way is Luke going to make "easy" work of Gus, he can't even contend with top level 185's at this stage of his career.

Soooo...calling out a guy who just got KO'd in the weight class LOWER THAN yours is the new hotness these days???

And people actually want this guy as the LHW champion?!
Who should he fight next then? Volkan who just got walloped himself and has no name value?

So

-"Holding my division hostage" Gus lurk Sherdog confirmed
-Use a pic of a fight he lost to prove some imaginary point
-Feel he deserve to be next in LHW titleshot line, but want fight a MW, one who just lost while at it

Me confused

I agree on the higher div heavier hands though
Imho fighters should go up in weight class when they're very powerful or very tough... if possible both. And Rockhold is neither

Back