What does it feel like to take steroids?

In addition to all of the other answers given, I can tell you that at 50 years old, a modest amount of test is manna from heaven.

Basically you feel like a god and are now suddenly able to lift weights you’d never even think you could lift. I went from 8 reps of 225 on bench press to 26 reps with no spotter. and all my other lifts had similar results. Not trying to brag or anything but that’s how well they work. It was absolutely insane and I only ran a very basic cycle. It’s unreal how incredibly effective they are.

Your libido is also sky high to the point where it’s even annoying at times lol. Stay off tinder because your standards will drop a bit.

Makes you hide under octagons
Break your leg mid fight
Get a tattoo of a penis on your chest

Probably feels kick ass until you start to get fat, old, with a shriveled sack,a dick that won’t work. You get flabby tits and people think your a transitioning

Sure. There are a large variety of different steroids with different purpose and goals. They are mainly used for body building whether you want to gain muscle or lose fat, but you need to supplement it with proper training and dieting. The most logical steroid and most commonly used one among MMA fighters is testosterone. Average testosterone cycle is 500 mg/per week and lasts 12 weeks. You won't feel a single difference in your mental state for the first 4~6 weeks - it takes time to kick in. Then you will experience higher lust and a bit more confidence but nothing major.

Testosterone, physically, gives you a faster recovery time for your muscles to build. Ever felt sore after a workout? This is the solution and essentially helps you train twice as much as a "normal" person. But playing with hormones is tricky and to avoid getting side-effects (bitch tits, acne, fucking up your endo system) you need to supplement it with an AI, aromatize inhibitor, which, when dosed incorrectly can cause major mood swings, mainly depression and apathy. After a "cycle" fighters also need to pass a post cycle treatment period with different drugs to balance one's endo system. These are what most of the fighters get busted with.

Besides testosterone, turinabol and anavar are steroids of similar effect. But people who think steroids give a massive fighting advantage are absolutely delusional. You feel slightly better, you have a slightly better stamina* and noticeably better recovery time - that it's. There are some stronger steroids like tren with more severe side effects (feeling godlike and getting angry fast) but afaik fighters don't use it, dozing tren and living with sides is absolutely horrible as it's literally invented for breeding cattle for beef and is not approved for human-use. (night sweats, no sleep, paranoia, mood swings)

* debatable as most steroids actually cause more lack of breath.

To sum it up: essentially taking steroids make you feel like a woman, experience mood wings for the trade-off for a higher recovery

source: I'm a steroid user for bodybuilding purposes. I don't even look like I lift but a have the test-levels of a soyboy so training on clean-mode was essentially a complete waste of my time.

edit2: how it ultimately feels: once you try a basic level of test cycle you will never want to go back to normal levels. You feel happier, have more energy, are more horny and confident (depending on steroids, the heavy bodybuilders are absolutely miserable and are absolutely mentally dying)

edit3: steroids are almost a waste of time if you can't afford, time-wise, to train twice the amount you did before. I don't know too many people who can hit the gym 5-6 times per week.
This post is totally on point and sums things up perfectly.

I am taking injections of testosterone, HCG (stimulates the body to produce testosterone naturally), and sermorelin ( stimulates the body to produce HGH naturally). All I believe are considered anabolic steroids. I am doing it under the advisement of a doctor at an "anti-aging clinic" even though I'm only 35. He did blood tests, and we're working to get my hormone levels, especially testosterone, at the maximum end of the healthy range. I've been doing this for about 8 months. It was a gradual process over 6 months of getting a much leaner physique, much more motivation, much more aggression and anger, and better endurance when training. I straight up fucking smoke people in BJJ competition now that are my age, and I'm very competitive when I get thrown into the younger divisions. My athleticism compared to most guys in BJJ my age is ridiculous. I feel like a super hero against a regular person, while I feel equal to those in their early and mid 20s who are very athletic with some coming out of top tier wrestling programs in college. It's not even fair, but there is no drug testing, so they could all be doing the same as me if they wanted. But the change did not happen overnight. It happened slowly enough that it wasn't perceptive unless I looked at months ago. But I have gone from about 20% BF to about 12% BF while actually building some muscle and strength as measured by the weightlifting I'm doing. On a heavy training day I might wake up and run 4 miles at a 9mph pace, lift weights for 30 min. Later that evening, I'll do 30 min of conditioning at BJJ, 1 hour of drills, and another hour of 6 minute BJJ rounds with only a break or two in the hour. While I'm tired at the end of the day, I feel like I could do more if I wanted, and I am 35 fucking years old. It's pretty awesome. I am not the slightest bit ashamed, and I plan to never stop. In fact, I plan to talk to other doctors to see if I can take it even further while staying healthy. Steroids alone didn't do much, but combining them with a great diet (mostly keto) and aggressive training has turned me into a totally different person in about 6 months.

I would not recommend anybody do any of this without talking to a doctor because you can permanently fuck up your body by taking steroids incorrectly.

Last edited:
I have never taken them, and probably never will, but I just wondered if any Sherdoggers on here would be candid enough to talk about what it feels like. The reason I ask is because watching Pride, these guys not only look like monsters, but move like superhumans. Of course most of the time that is backed up by years of training, but there is something about the way they are embedded with rage and power that is compelling.

I did the Bill Phillips Body For Life plan a few years ago, and though I got in the best shape of my life in those three months, I didn't look like one of those cover models. I now realise that those before and after photos everyone says are fake aren't fake at all, but probably the result of steroid use.

So yeah, excuse me if I seem naive, but how does it feel?

Err right im gna be honest with you i never really touched a roid until my mid 20's
And about 18 months ago i tryed dbols done a 4 month corse and felt fantastic so to be honest if you dont compete in a pro sport and take a a dbol corse and finish on esteogen blockers you will be fine
But thats the only problem is to take the blockers at the end and dont abuse them
Like my friend took grouth when when we was young and got crazy bitch nips cos he never took a after course
So just research and you will be ok

Ps. My bjj teacher started trt and got the hairiest back and forearms ever its not a good look

My guy stops cold turkey over winter when gets back on over summer

I've heard mixed reviews about your natural test not turning back on etc but at low dose i think you're
Good to stay on low dose forever? Providing you can afford it
Lower dosage would be in the range of 100-200mg a week, you can get a 10ml bottle of test E or Cyp of 250-300mg/ml for $30-40 so that could last 10-12 weeks or more

Err right im gna be honest with you i never really touched a roid until my mid 20's
And about 18 months ago i tryed dbols done a 4 month corse and felt fantastic so to be honest if you dont compete in a pro sport and take a a dbol corse and finish on esteogen blockers you will be fine
But thats the only problem is to take the blockers at the end and dont abuse them
Like my friend took grouth when when we was young and got crazy bitch nips cos he never took a after course
So just research and you will be ok

Ps. My bjj teacher started trt and got the hairiest back and forearms ever its not a good look
You did your research and still did four months of dbol? Only dbol without any testosterone as a base? Just curious who/what website suggested going that long? You typically don’t wanna go more than 3-4 weeks unless you’re “pulsing” and that involves way more research

You did your research and still did four months of dbol? Only dbol without any testosterone as a base? Just curious who/what website suggested going that long? You typically don’t wanna go more than 3-4 weeks unless you’re “pulsing” and that involves way more research
Well basically i done 2 6 week corses in the four mounths including the estrogen after course then back on to my next 1
I was fine but id deff recomend the after course and dont get used to taking shit

It feels good, TS. Take a shitload of them and alpha brain. You'll be building rocket ships with your bare hands as you invent the cure for cancer and carry slabs of rock on your back across the Euphrates.

Well basically i done 2 6 week corses in the four mounths including the estrogen after course then back on to my next 1
I was fine but id deff recomend the after course and dont get used to taking shit
Hopefully you were taking cycle support supplements for your liver, blood pressure and prostate lol

How many mg of dbol were you taking daily?

Hopefully you were taking cycle support supplements for your liver, blood pressure and prostate lol

How many mg of dbol were you taking daily?
Erm im not 100% but i think it was 1 50mg tab a day for 6 weeks then the estrogen blocker for 2

Jones, Anderson Silva, Ubereem, Romero

It's the GOAT

Funny how you mentioned only the black fighters...

Brock, Carwin, Mir, Barnett, Hendo, Couture, Sonnen, Hendricks, Conor (per Nate Diaz), Sherk, and so on.

my cousin used to do them and he said it makes you feel like a fucking champ. your training goes through the roof and you can work out multiple times a day. it also made his joints feel better and makes you even more hungry and horny lol.

I've never taken them but my cousin did. He was in really good shape before starting so I'm not sure what made him decide to. He's 5'4, so maybe that had something to do with it.

He took some different shit, not sure of all the details. I think I recall him mentioning Deca, IGF-1 and Test. Not all at the same time but he stacked different shit. I remember there was one that made him retain a fuck ton of water though so he switched it. He could have just been off with the dosage, I don't know.

Anyway, the results were what you'd expect. He was enhanced. I mean, aside from strength I don't know if his athletic performance was any better because he's not an athlete but he was leaner, bigger and more vascular. He didn't get as big as he could have because he doesn't eat nearly enough. He didn't suddenly become a moody jerk or anything.

It feels like getting a blowjob from a supermodel wile taking a silk-smooth shit while doing some high quality blow while shooting up heroin while winning the lottery while driving a McLaren while killing Kin Jong-un.

You get happy, and random people around you get happy.

Kerr-flexing.gif

Back