Woodley Wants to Take White to the Woodshed... White Loses Interest in Marketing Him

Woodley's self-promotion is horrible

• Total voters
I did not say that anything racist had happened. If anything, you are the reason race has been brought up at all other than the label "Sherfront," But there's no fucking way that would get you this worked up, so it's pretty damn clear you're trying to get another conversation going where you can blame the world for playing the race card like you've been doing for 4+ years on this website.

1. By calling Sherdog "Sherfront" in the context in which you did, you most certainly averred that racism was the issue here. Take responsibility for your words.

2. I'm always willing to talk about race in any number of contexts, but I think given the intensity of feeling in invokes it is wise to avoid starting such a conversation by recklessly labeling large groups of people as if they were white supremacists. You were being an ass, and I pointed that out.

3. Of course I am not the one who brought up race. That was you. Again, take responsibility.

The more I hear woodley more I like him. I bag on his snore fest fighting style but then again he knows his muscle bound ass can't go 100% all 5 like scrawny dudes do so I understand it. But way he stands up for himself against an asshole lying predator like Dana I'm give major props. Most these fighters are "company men" to a fault including some of my favs like Ferguson taking Khabib when he's entiled to Conor.

1. By calling Sherdog "Sherfront" in the context in which you did, you most certainly averred that racism was the issue here. Take responsibility for your words.

This is where you're fucking up, though. I didn't call it Sherfront because of any response to this story, which is what you've decided to narrow in on by telling me to "point out specifically who you think is racist and what they said that you think was racist" and also say "The issue is whether his race matters in this specific instance." I don't need to take responsibility for a narrative you've created.

2. I'm always willing to talk about race in any number of contexts, but I think given the intensity of feeling in invokes it is wise to avoid starting such a conversation by recklessly labeling large groups of people as if they were white supremacists. You were being an ass, and I pointed that out.

Who cares? Wow I'm being an ass to anyone who subscribes to the label of Sherfront. Damn! Got me!

Unless you're denying the existence of those types of posters, I don't see the point in any of this part of the conversation.

3. Of course I am not the one who brought up race. That was you. Again, take responsibility.

This is objectively not true. Refer back to section 1.

This is where you're fucking up, though. I didn't call it Sherfront because of any response to this story, which is what you've decided to narrow in on by telling me to "point out specifically who you think is racist and what they said that you think was racist" and also say "The issue is whether his race matters in this specific instance." I don't need to take responsibility for a narrative you've created.

You introduced race into a discussion that was not previously about race and you did it in a deliberately insulting way. You were being an ass. I think you know this.

Who cares?

Obviously you do. You're the one who has tried to analyze my entire tenure at Sherdog.

You introduced race into a discussion that was not previously about race and you did it in a deliberately insulting way. You were being an ass. I think you know this.

I didn't introduce race. I introduced the idea that people would make exception for Dana White because this is a conflict between him and Tyron Woodley, and Sherdoggers especially the Sherfront type don't like Tyron Woodley for whatever reason

The rest is all you, my man.

Obviously you do. You're the one who has tried to analyze my entire tenure at Sherdog.

I meant who cares if I'm being an ass to people who could be compared to white supremacists?

When mark hunt hates on the Ufc everyone’s loves it

I can’t stand woodley but I’m slowly turning into a supporter of his whining

He would murk rda btw

“I was really pissed off,” Woodley said. … “I could see if it was a situation that I literally just made up.”

To Woodley, all he was saying was that he thinks [a fight against Diaz] could happen. He never said that there was a bout agreement or specific negotiations going on. Woodley said he thinks White went too far in essentially calling him a liar.

“That’s a little bit harsh, a little bit hardcore for somebody who is wearing the belt of your organization, that people and young fighters aspire to enter the UFC, they aspire to be UFC champion,” Woodley said. “I don’t think many people are going to aspire to be the champion when they see how champions are treated. And they see that the non-champions and the people that are unprofessional — middle-finger flicking, shit talking — they’re actually making the money.

“So what kind of picture are we trying to put out? I thought we were going in the direction to be parallel with the NFL, NHL, MLB and the other professional sports. It’s a circus until it comes to Tyron [The Victim] and now we want to go back to the old-school rubric. I got issues with that.”

Woodley said that White told him on the call that the fight the UFC wants is Woodley defending the title against Rafael dos Anjos. Woodley said that fight has never been formally offered to him and if it was, he would accept it. All Woodley is trying to get across, he said, is that he wants a fight with a big-name opponent.

One day after Woodley said a fight with Diaz was a possibility, Diaz essentially backed him up. Diaz told ESPN that Woodley was “my best option” for a comeback bout. Woodley noted that White never said anything about those quotes from Diaz.

“I just didn’t think that was right,” Woodley said. “I think even if he thought that way, it could have been said a different way. I think a lot of people spun what I was saying. Never said this fight was in negotiations. Never said any of those things. Then when Nate came out, I never heard anybody say how full of shit Nate was. It’s so funny it was a one-sided bashing.”

. . .

White said Diaz has never been offered to Woodley.

. . .

There was a time when the UFC reached out to him and committed to doing things differently in terms of marketing him, Woodley said. But the Missouri native feels like that has stopped and “shit ain’t working.” White’s “full of shit” comments are just the latest demonstration of that, he said.

“It can’t go down like that,” Woodley said. “It’s very damaging for me, for a fighter that’s trying to generate his brand and his name.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/2/...na-white-comments-has-sitdown-meeting-planned

I was all for Tyron fighting GSP. Too bad GSP is too big of a pussy

Woodley stop making it hard for me to like you, I want to I really do.
Woodley seems like a guy with a job he thought he would like and that pays well but now his bills dictate he has to keep doing it. Like jobprison.

Sorry but i have to do this

tumblr_m77fomE0161qaa8d1o2_r1_500.gif

041e0c9163ac0cc908bb54811ce6effa--jokes.jpg
I'll see you that and raise you one
https://www.mmaweekly.com/marquardt-tests-positive-for-steroids
Plus
http://www.espn.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=6712851

Not to be argumentative or because Woodley is my favorite fighter, but because I don't like Nate Marquardt. He ruined the main event of the first Ultimate Fight Night with some awful lnp, and he had the nerve to be on steroids while doing it. Probably the biggest counter argument to the "steroids make fights better" argument

Woodley is one of the greatest fighters in the modern era of MMA who has defended the WW belt more regularly than other UFC champs and who speaks against the racism in MMA but of course the majority of the MMA community will be racist towards him via hiding behind the let's spam sarcastic remarks on social media and Youtube videos of everything being racist in order to insult him more.

Some throw in actual racist remarks in there and try to slide it in as part of the sarcasm.

The UFC and dudes are hurt by their great white hopes losing. Hurt by Rashad and Rampage/Chuck, Wonderboy/Woodley twice, Nunes/Shevchenko twice and just recently Cyborg/ Holm.

Shutting down Maia's BJJ ability with supreme TDD just made it even worse.

Clinging onto the only white hope who actually got a UD over Woodley in Rory MacDonald or reaching even further with the roided Nate Marquardt fight earlier in Woodley's career.

This is part of the racism that Woodley is talking about which was confirmed even more so when an MMA podcast lead by former UFC HW Brandon Schuab made a racial twitter post about how the Fox Panel had just black people only.

Justice prevailed though when one of the UFC Fox panellists, legendary MMA veteran Yves Edwards spoke out well against Brandon Schaub and made him apologize for that blatant racist remark on twitter.

Subtle and insidious, holding minorities to different and higher standards just so they can shit on.

Not conforming to racist stereotypes, like the Mandingo fighter or the "thug" or the overthe top arrogant "baller" just to sellfights.

Respect to Woodley for speaking out well against racism in the MMA community and the UFC and for not conform to one of those racial stereotypes.

Last edited:
“I was really pissed off,” Woodley said. … “I could see if it was a situation that I literally just made up.”

To Woodley, all he was saying was that he thinks [a fight against Diaz] could happen. He never said that there was a bout agreement or specific negotiations going on. Woodley said he thinks White went too far in essentially calling him a liar.

“That’s a little bit harsh, a little bit hardcore for somebody who is wearing the belt of your organization, that people and young fighters aspire to enter the UFC, they aspire to be UFC champion,” Woodley said. “I don’t think many people are going to aspire to be the champion when they see how champions are treated. And they see that the non-champions and the people that are unprofessional — middle-finger flicking, shit talking — they’re actually making the money.

“So what kind of picture are we trying to put out? I thought we were going in the direction to be parallel with the NFL, NHL, MLB and the other professional sports. It’s a circus until it comes to Tyron [The Victim] and now we want to go back to the old-school rubric. I got issues with that.”

Woodley said that White told him on the call that the fight the UFC wants is Woodley defending the title against Rafael dos Anjos. Woodley said that fight has never been formally offered to him and if it was, he would accept it. All Woodley is trying to get across, he said, is that he wants a fight with a big-name opponent.

One day after Woodley said a fight with Diaz was a possibility, Diaz essentially backed him up. Diaz told ESPN that Woodley was “my best option” for a comeback bout. Woodley noted that White never said anything about those quotes from Diaz.

“I just didn’t think that was right,” Woodley said. “I think even if he thought that way, it could have been said a different way. I think a lot of people spun what I was saying. Never said this fight was in negotiations. Never said any of those things. Then when Nate came out, I never heard anybody say how full of shit Nate was. It’s so funny it was a one-sided bashing.”

. . .

White said Diaz has never been offered to Woodley.

. . .

There was a time when the UFC reached out to him and committed to doing things differently in terms of marketing him, Woodley said. But the Missouri native feels like that has stopped and “shit ain’t working.” White’s “full of shit” comments are just the latest demonstration of that, he said.

“It can’t go down like that,” Woodley said. “It’s very damaging for me, for a fighter that’s trying to generate his brand and his name.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/2/...na-white-comments-has-sitdown-meeting-planned
While it's far from fair, Dana is the most important person in mma from a financial perspective, talking shit to, or about him is only going to hurt woodley. Not fair but welcome to the real world

Dana White earned every negative word that was ever said about him.

This shit between him and Woodley isn’t related to this situation alone.

Dana being a piece of shit for years and years has caused situation after situation either like this one or any number of others.

I just want this bratty/entitled/delusional fuck to go away from this 15 minutes of slight fame he has weasel'd his way into.

Lol yes sherdogger why dont you tell us how undeserving he is of being a world champion.

Something tells me that Woodley will be the 1st current UFC Champion to be Bellator bound.

At the end of the day Woodley always defends against the next challenger.

Sad but I think Tyron is the biggest 180 of marketing in MMA history. The guy did a quick KO of a multiple-defending champ (Robbie) and then had a barnburner fantastic fight (WB1) as his first defense. Then one fight ruined it all (WB2). Both because the promotion for it was in bad taste and because it was one of the worst fights ever. Then the terrible Maia fight was the nail in the coffin. Shame because he's actually a good analyst but his marketing fight-wise has taken a massive hit.

I do think he beats RDA though. People will go from saying RDA found his new home to saying he is a LW. Love RDA and his skillset is elite but his WW stint just doesn't scream out to knowing where's he at at that division to me.

Man, do you haters actually ever read anything Tyron says?
I don't see how you can possibly think he's wrong here.
Dana went on TV and said Tyron, his company's Welterweight champion, is full of shit. How does that help Tyron, or the UFC to have the promoter go on TV and say something like that? He was completely dismissive of Tyron.

Tyron hasn't turned down a fight. He's defended 3 times already. He didn't turn down RDA, but he is putting out the word that he'd like to get paid. A fight with Diaz would get him paid.
Do i want to see that fight, when Nate has no WW wins? No. But, i don't blame Tyron for trying to get as much money as he can, while he can

There is no harm in teasing a fight. The UFC does it all the damn time.
Conor fought Floyd after the WHOLE WORLD said that would never happen . If that can happen, if Brock can make a comeback, if Jones can come back after popping for roids 2x, and if GSP can fight for the MW title, then ANYTHING can happen.
Dana was being a dick
think that fight will happen. I think it will happen this year. I think it’s way more likely than people realize. There are conversations about Nate and I fighting in July. The UFC has offered Nate that fight. They just have to make it worth his while. I think I’ll fight Nate this year, and I think it will be my return to the Octagon. If I had to bet the house on it, that’s my next opponent.”

This is a direct quote from him saying that the ufc offered Nate a fight against him.

He was full of shit and got called out for it, rightfully so.

Back