Was GSP scared of Woodley? Cherry Picking Bisping?

Didn’t watch but yes. Gsp cherry picked the weakest champ the ufc has ever seen and never intended on defending that belt should he win. He wants nothing to do with Tyron or any of the top guys at 185 and if this colitis thing is true, I’m sure he was aware of the situation before the bisping fight.

Also gsp tapped to strikes so it makes me more certain that his mental fortitude is that of a guy who would do exactly what he’s being accused of. He quit once before after that beating Hendricks put on him and he didn’t want to give him a rematch.
OK so didn't watch means your opinion is based on what you want to believe without hearing any first hand info. Try watching the video. You are on Sherdog so its not like you don't have the time. Its actually an interesting conversation to hear.

GSP isn’t afraid. At 35, more money per fight is bread and butter. Bisping is a way bigger name, and also had the MW belt. This was a great decision an GSP made the most out of it. Whine away.

GSP did nothing, other than get Bisping a better payday for taking the inevitable ass kicking he was already going to take, regardless of what route he took. UFC allowed it because it was their best oppurtunity to take in some cash on a higher drawing ppv. What GSP did to the MW division, was to further de-legitimize the belt and jump in front of the line of more deserving contenders.
Like i said, had GSP not been available Bisping was already angling for and thinking Woodley. And then who knows who he would want after that? Not a top contender. Had Bisping beat GSP, Woodley would have been next.

So GSP did the MW division a favour by clearing him out and vacating and leaving it to the top contenders.

The amount of bitterness and hate you have towards GSP is seriously affecting your comprehension skills.

I was refering to him taking a break BEFORE going on a 4 year hiatus. Not after he came back you inbred moron.

First thing I said was "Again ?"

You were accusing him of running AGAIN.

Don't remember him ever running, unless of course you're talking about his short time at MW. In that case, you might have an argument.
Hey idiot, talk about a lack of comprehension skills....Take a look at my original post and tell me where in the actual fuck do you see the word RUNNING? Lookie there, you don't. What you see is the word, SLINK: To go or move stealthily or furtively (as in fear or shame) Anyone without their nose stuck straight up GSP's ass could see the game had caught up with him in the Hendricks fight, and that the close decision victory at least merited a rematch. Alot of fighters congratulated Hendricks after the fight, a fight they thought he had won. GSP for sure moved stealthily away to avoid any kind of rematch, so he SLINKED into retirement. Only to come back and fight without question, one of the weakest MW Champs in the modern UFC era, only to SLINK away once again into retirement (just as I predicted) out of fear of what the Real MW killers would do to him if he dared test them.

Last edited:
Like i said, had GSP not been available Bisping was already angling for and thinking Woodley. And then who knows who he would want after that? Not a top contender. Had Bisping beat GSP, Woodley would have been next.

So GSP did the MW division a favour by clearing him out and vacating and leaving it to the top contenders.
It's okay pal, I know it must be hard for you to accept reality, with that life size cardboard cutout of GSP in his tights staring ominously at you from the dark corner of your room...

Clearly.....Gap won’t fight again unless it’s conor

Hey idiot, talk about a lack of comprehension skills....Take a look at my original post and tell me where in the actual fuck do you see the word RUNNING? Lookie there, you don't. What you see is the word, SLINK: To go or move stealthily or furtively (as in fear or shame) Anyone without their nose stuck straight up GSP's ass could see the game had caught up with him in the Hendricks fight, and that the close decision victory at least merited a rematch. Alot of fighters congratulated Hendricks after the fight, a fight they thought he had won. GSP for sure moved stealthily away to avoid any kind of rematch, so he SLINKED into retirement. Only to come back and fight without question, one of the weakest MW Champs in the modern UFC era, only to SLINK away once again into retirement (just as I predicted) out of fear of what the Real MW killers would do to him if he dared test them.
You realize GSP talked about taking time away from the sport before he even set foot in the ring to fight Hendricks? Silly me, of course you don't.

He was on his 9th title defense ffs. People don't realize how exhausting having to fight the best one after the other is and the amount of pressure that comes with being the champion of your division for so long.

No matter how good he would have looked when he left, people would still have been whining about something. They would say he was afraid of this new upcoming guy or some other bullshit.

We see it all the time.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why people are still getting their knickers in a twist about this. He's a retired, former GOAT welterweight champ. He stated numerous times that he was coming back for big fights only. Bisping is a champ he knew he matched up well against, it was at a heavier weight class so a win would be a bigger milestone for his legacy, and Bisping would have paid far better than a fight against Woodley.

He did us all a favour anyway. He got rid of a lucky champ that was hell bent on avoiding all contenders to keep his belt, and he didn't string out his title shelf time. He resigned the belt to Whitakker straight away.

All is right in the MW universe.

I still don't understand how people here are so stupid they don't see the simple benefit of fighting Bisping vs Woodley. GSP beats Woodley it almost does nothing to his legacy, him beating Bisping just made him a two weight champion, further solidifying him as the GOAT.

GSP cherry picked one eyed Bisping and ducked Whittaker, Woodley, the Hendricks rematch, and Lawler.

He won’t fight anyone with good wrestling and good striking. He would get KOd again.

It's okay pal, I know it must be hard for you to accept reality, with that life size cardboard cutout of GSP in his tights staring ominously at you from the dark corner of your room...
You are the only one denying reality if you really think Bisping was racing to fight a top contender with or without GSP in the picture.

You are flat out lying to your self if you think that.

I'm scared to death about watching them fight and being bored to death by Tyron evading contact for 99% of the fight and then exploding for the remaining 1%. I would probably miss Tyron's explosion because I blinked, even though GSP would warn us not to.

If only he were brave like Sherdog posters; lets face it, anyone can get into the cage with top level UFC fighters, but true courage lies in posting on Internet forums.

The really funny thing is that no matter when a fighter retires, there's always some courageous Internet poster ready to say they slinked or ran or otherwise proved themselves a coward. Rocky Marciano quit because he was afraid. Same for Ali, Tyson, Frazier, Foreman, Couture, Liddell, Lennox, Klitchko and everyone else (seriously, search and you'll find someone saying it for all of them, and everyone else who retires).

This is why Sherdog is so much fun, you have the incredible spectacle of Internet people who've never stepped into the cage at UFC levels (or any level) calling guys who have cowards. You just can't make this stuff up.

GSP is clearly an opportunist, saw easy money in Bisping and took it. Thinking that's cowardice ignores the years of fighting the top guys that it took to get to the point where he was given the fight (which he absolutely hadn't earned - he hadn't been in the cage in four years, and never fought at MW, but was given a title fight????). But I blame the UFC for giving him the fight, not him for taking it. We all accept free lottery wins if we get them.

Now people are saying Woodley is a coward for wanting the money in fighting Nate (an easy fight) instead of less money fighting a WW contender. What part of earning your living do people not understand?

You are the only one denying reality if you really think Bisping was racing to fight a top contender with or without GSP in the picture.

You are flat out lying to your self if you think that.
You are the on denying reality if you actually think that the UFC would allow michael frickin Bisping to run the division as he wished absent of a looming GSP fight. Cash grab, that's all it was, end of story.

I really don't care what Danaher says. GSP was in a bunch of interviews saying he wanted to fight Bisping. Show me one interview where GSP talked about fighting Woodley.

Except GSP had talked about coming back and tried well before Mike had the belt. It took almost a year for Georges to get a contract. Can't blame the guy for wanting to get paid the cash he was making pre Reebok deal. Dana was the one who was still being a baby and trying not to pay him because he was pissed GSP left at a time the UFC had no other huge stars.

You are the on denying reality if you actually think that the UFC would allow michael frickin Bisping to run the division as he wished absent of a looming GSP fight. Cash grab, that's all it was, end of story.
ya I am the one in denial as Bispinng and Woodley clearly would not each want that fight if GSP was not bumping Woodley down the list

<{katwhu}>

So now what? How do you defend your position now? Is your next move to pretend the UFC would never allow it if boht Champs are loudly campaigning for it and refusing other fights and this is the bigger money for them all?

If only he were brave like Sherdog posters; lets face it, anyone can get into the cage with top level UFC fighters, but true courage lies in posting on Internet forums.

The really funny thing is that no matter when a fighter retires, there's always some courageous Internet poster ready to say they slinked or ran or otherwise proved themselves a coward. Rocky Marciano quit because he was afraid. Same for Ali, Tyson, Frazier, Foreman, Couture, Liddell, Lennox, Klitchko and everyone else (seriously, search and you'll find someone saying it for all of them, and everyone else who retires).

This is why Sherdog is so much fun, you have the incredible spectacle of Internet people who've never stepped into the cage at UFC levels (or any level) calling guys who have cowards. You just can't make this stuff up.

GSP is clearly an opportunist, saw easy money in Bisping and took it. Thinking that's cowardice ignores the years of fighting the top guys that it took to get to the point where he was given the fight (which he absolutely hadn't earned - he hadn't been in the cage in four years, and never fought at MW, but was given a title fight????). But I blame the UFC for giving him the fight, not him for taking it. We all accept free lottery wins if we get them.

Now people are saying Woodley is a coward for wanting the money in fighting Nate (an easy fight) instead of less money fighting a WW contender. What part of earning your living do people not understand?
Nobody called GSP a coward, but MANY questioned the manner in which he exited into his first retirement, INCLUDING other fighters, guess we should just as easily dismiss their opinions on the subject as well as to better fit YOUR conclusion of events, hey? I could care less about GSP and whether he ever fights again or not. What is funny though, is to have been able to see a mile away that he would NEVER defend that MW strap if he beat Bisping, but having to argue with his legion of butt pirated fans about that beforehand. Only to have him do that very thing, and have to hear these same idiots crying from the rooftops that we were insensitive for not taking his "stomach issues" seriously, LOL. I hate the word casual, because it's such a try hard, wannabe combat sports elitist word used waay too much, but FFS, you just put Couture and Liddell in the same sentence as Marciano, Ali and the rest of true greats, LOLOL

Back