Anyone ever tried the Dolce Diet?

Relentless chase

The one and only
@Brown
Reaction score
anyone??? is it worth the $100+ for it? seems a lil too risky to throw money out there and in turn, it be a rip off or something. I mean I'm pretty healthy with my weight and all, but I just wanna try it out and see what all the fuss is about especially getting closer to grappling tournaments and such, wanna see what it does for me health wise and what the whole dieting part is like. I've heard you get fantastic results if you stick with it.

so any of you Sherbro's tried it out and if so, how's the success been for you..?

The Dolce Diet, at least the original when I read the book, was pretty simple:

Eat clean whole foods.
Avoid processed carbs, processed anything.
Drink more water.
AVO
CAD
OS

There, saved you the $100. You're welcome.

Also, search next time. Haven't been around in like...4 years, but, I can't believe this thread is still getting started.

ullaqld.jpg

Didn't pay for it. But i more or less eat they way dolce teach.

Lol. Not worth $1.

Do a search for my thread on it.

Seriously, his stuff is garbage. His book is just full of self praise and crappy recipes. And only one recipe per page.

I'll never forget his "Avocado shmear" recipe or whatever it was called. Literally, the "recipe" is to cut and peel and avocado, and then spread it over a piece of toast.

The rest of the book is of similar quality.

Seriously, his stuff is garbage. His book is just full of self praise and crappy recipes. And only one recipe per page.

I'll never forget his "Avocado shmear" recipe or whatever it was called. Literally, the "recipe" is to cut and peel and avocado, and then spread it over a piece of toast.

The rest of the book is of similar quality.
Thanks for that. I kinda figured so. I've been following another type of dieting plan for quite sometime which is called "VShred" which was created by a guy named Vince Sant who is a helluva nutritionist. It's not that I just have to get on a diet plan.. I mean I'm pretty good with my overall health and weight. I'm usually walking in the upper 150's to lower 160's and compete at 145 and making weight for competition's and such is never a problem for me when I start leaning on down.

I mean I feel as if you eat clean meals, avoid processed foods, drink lots of water, stay pretty active (MMA training/ or working out) and all of that, then everything is alright. again, I just figured I would go ahead and get on a plan since I've never really done one and just see what it does for me health wise and stuff.

So yea, I just wanted to see if Dolce's diet was a rip off or if it was worth the $100+ guess I know now though, again thanks.

100% ripoff, especially if you have some knowledge already.

100% ripoff, especially if you have some knowledge already.

At one point I had written a fairly comprehensive fan article takedown of the dolce diet complete with interviews from academics and combat sports nutrition pros. I decided that the article was in poor taste and never published. Mike isn't trying to hurt anyone, and his advice is milktoste enough that people generally won't hurt themselves following it, so, no giblert regerts.

At one point I had written a fairly comprehensive fan article takedown of the dolce diet complete with interviews from academics and combat sports nutrition pros. I decided that the article was in poor taste and never published. Mike isn't trying to hurt anyone, and his advice is milktoste enough that people generally won't hurt themselves following it, so, no giblert regerts.

Eh I see what you're saying. It's not bad advice. However you are paying a big premium for advice which is free almost anywhere else. There's nothing unique about what he's offering, and it's not cheap.

So I do think it's a ripoff. I think you should post your article here, or at least enough so people know what they're getting into. So they don't get ripped off.

Eh I see what you're saying. It's not bad advice. However you are paying a big premium for advice which is free almost anywhere else. There's nothing unique about what he's offering, and it's not cheap.

So I do think it's a ripoff. I think you should post your article here, or at least enough so people know what they're getting into. So they don't get ripped off.

If people are willing to pay for it, who am I to judge? I'm not trying to malign anyone's honest hustle.

If people are willing to pay for it, who am I to judge? I'm not trying to malign anyone's honest hustle.

Is that why you spent so much time putting that article together? Have you read the book he's charging for?

I think he's pretty much a con artist. I'll try to dig up my review of his book to give you some examples.

Is that why you spent so much time putting that article together? Have you read the book he's charging for?

I think he's pretty much a con artist. I'll try to dig up my review of his book to give you some examples.

I remember your review. You, me, Seriously, and Patho all used to squash those threads on the daily with Kabuki and Mick doing their part, too.

I wrote it from a bad place and it was pure negative energy. Not publishing is the right call. Actually, I'm not even sure if I know what hard drive I have it on...if I even have it.

He'd trying to help and getting people to eat whole clean foods is something proven to work.

I remember your review. You, me, Seriously, and Patho all used to squash those threads on the daily with Kabuki and Mick doing their part, too.

I wrote it from a bad place and it was pure negative energy. Not publishing is the right call. Actually, I'm not even sure if I know what hard drive I have it on...if I even have it.

He'd trying to help and getting people to eat whole clean foods is something proven to work.

I get it and totally understand. I think my suggestion to publish is coming from a negative place too. I've been dealing with a lot of crooked, two faced people and it's coloring my thinking and leaving me frustrated.

Somebody please, please post the picture of the recipe for Avocado Toast from his $100 cook book lol

Literally a page says take slices of avocado, place on toast with an end result picture

Somebody please, please post the picture of the recipe for Avocado Toast from his $100 cook book lol

Literally a page says take slices of avocado, place on toast with an end result picture
Yea after doing much research after I made this thread, I come to the realization that he's pretty much a fraud and by that I mean, he's just taking simple things and placing them in a book and selling his stuff for $100+ acting like he's the big time nutritionist coming up with his own ideas. some of the stuff in the book I heard you can't even find in grocery stores.

I mean I wouldn't say it would be a bad thing to look into if you've never dieted and know nothing about health and nutrition, but if you have even the slightest hint of how to lose weight, maintain muscle while doing so, etc. then this book is a total ripoff because it's basically repeating simple amateur level stuff that you would learn elsewhere.

Back