Middleweight confuses me

deadscou5

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Right so the ozzie guy is the official champ since gsp swerved it yeh ?
So didnt jacare win for no1 then romero win for interm but miss wieght ?? So what goes on now
I personally wanna see jacare v romero both allowed to get juiced to fuck and try and take each others limbs home but im just abit confused by the whole division

tumblr_m5t96wYgDO1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

The MW title picture is a mess right now. It's actually difficult to justify a title shot for anyone. Yoel lost to Whittaker 2 fights ago and missed weight against Luke. Jacare got besmirched by Whittaker 2 fights ago. Luke has been brutally KO'd in 2 out of 3 fights. Weidman has been finished in 3 of his last 4 fights. Gastelum got finished by Weidman 2 fights ago.

There's no right answer to this question. No one has earned a title shot. Since Whittaker is still recovering, I'd say make:

Jacare vs, Yoel 2 as a number 1 contender fight.
Luke vs. Gastelum
Weidman vs. Branch/Santos winner

I also think it's time to give Brad Tavares and Paulo Costa a step up in competition.

The Bisping nonsense really killed this division's momentum. It's time to get 185 moving again.

The MW title picture is a mess right now. It's actually difficult to justify a title shot for anyone. Yoel lost to Whittaker 2 fights ago and missed weight against Luke. Jacare got besmirched by Whittaker 2 fights ago. Luke has been brutally KO'd in 2 out of 3 fights. Weidman has been finished in 3 of his last 4 fights. Gastelum got finished by Weidman 2 fights ago.

There's no right answer to this question. No one has earned a title shot. Since Whittaker is still recovering, I'd say make:

Jacare vs, Yoel 2 as a number 1 contender fight.
Luke vs. Gastelum
Weidman vs. Branch/Santos winner

I also think it's time to give Brad Tavares and Paulo Costa a step up in competition.

The Bisping nonsense really killed this division's momentum. It's time to get 185 moving again.
Thank you you got what i was saying and still got across the mess middleweight is right now
Can you explain to me where the fuck yoel was 10 years ago ?

Theres been no real stability since silva lost the belt. Which is why hes the goat.

whittaker will bring about balance

he is the chosen one

Which MW beats Romero exactly? He's beat all of the top ones already outside of Whittaker. He just solidified that last week.

Romero vs Whittaker.

Frankly, I'm happy that all the top MWs fight each other. Not often you get this.

Weidman defended it 3 times.

True, but the first defense was the fluke leg break and the third was against non-TRT Vitor, who was essentially a can. The Machida win was legit, but I'd hardly say that Weidman brought stability to the title.

Which MW beats Romero exactly? He's beat all of the top ones already outside of Whittaker. He just solidified that last week.

You seem to be forgetting Jacare. The vast majority of people believe Jacare beat Yoel and was robbed.

You seem to be forgetting Jacare. The vast majority of people believe Jacare beat Yoel and was robbed.

Hardly a bad decision, round 2 was close. Don't mind the decision either, given Romero had the most significant moment of that fight. And there is nothing to suggest the "majority" thought Jacare won, as there were plenty who were clearly fine with that decision. It was a close fight Romero edged.

Right before Bisping, Middleweight was my favorite divsion because of all the killers at the top. Now all these guys are in a log jam with so much wasted potential for proper TS's.

The belt feels like abstract nonsense now

True, but the first defense was the fluke leg break and the third was against non-TRT Vitor, who was essentially a can. The Machida win was legit, but I'd hardly say that Weidman brought stability to the title.

It is what it is. Thats 3 more defenses than salthold and bisping.

What a bunch of fucking goofs. The 2 clear best guys are fighting each other and you're all confused. Big deal he missed weight by 2.7lbs. He's clearly the #1 contender regardless, and it's the only time he's ever had trouble making weight because of short notice

Fuck rankings, just make Whitaker vs Gastelum since it's the only fresh match up.

It's definitely messy right now, but the next shot has to go to Romero. Even if he did miss weight he just beat Rockhold so he has the most claim to a TS right now. If Moose didn't leave then obviously that would be the fight to make.

Whittaker v Romero
Weidman v Jacare (next shot)
Gastelum v Brunson

Which only leaves rematches for Rockhold. The rematch that makes the most sense for him would be Bisping. Otherwise he would have to be matched up with someone outside the top 10, because everyone else is already scheduled to fight.

2018 I'm thinking Wonderboy turns into Wonderman then challenges Robert and beats him again.

Back