What's wrong with Weidman?

Is he still anyone's boy?

v9Mlqw.gif

I might have read him all wrong but I feel like he's a pretty nice guy in a sport where nice guys don't often get noticed. So he tries to be edgy and participate in the trash talking but it just never comes across as badass, just awkward and cringy mostly.

Weidman rocks. Much better version of Conor. Comparing him to Conor is also ridiculous by the way.

Weidman talks a little bit, but he's not a "character" like Conor. He also doesn't talk shit for the fame, he talks shit cause he's confident and wants to retain his post Anderson Silva Glory.

Also, are you saying The Chris talks any more shit than most other fighters at the tops of the rankings?

I mean

he was on top
he got knocked down 3 pegs
now he's trying to talk himself into peoples' minds because he's dropped so far from his time as champion

it's hard for guys who can be seen as washed up to make another big run. if he's trash talking, it's because he's trying to get over that hurdle. i don't blame him for trying to inject himself into the topic of contenders.

i dont' like him, but i don't blame him.

He was never hugged enough as a child

I mean

he was on top
he got knocked down 3 pegs
now he's trying to talk himself into peoples' minds because he's dropped so far from his time as champion

it's hard for guys who can be seen as washed up to make another big run. if he's trash talking, it's because he's trying to get over that hurdle. i don't blame him for trying to inject himself into the topic of contenders.

i dont' like him, but i don't blame him.
I agree with you, but he doesn't know how to draw attention and end up sounding like a bitter egomaniac, which actually worse his situation. Every time he says something is sounds like "Yadda yadda yadda I'm the bestest ever because I defeated Anderson Silva and you guys need to worship me.", what a bunch of crap...

I generally hate vanilla douchey dudes turned family men. He's just bland, and I couldn't care less about his shitty family and kids.

I agree with you, but he doesn't know how to draw attention and end up sounding like a bitter egomaniac, which actually worse his situation. Every time he says something is sounds like "Yadda yadda yadda I'm the bestest ever because I defeated Anderson Silva and you guys need to worship me.", what a bunch of crap...

Most guys don't know how to do it properly, which is why I don't really hold it against him.

Seems like he feels he should get the next shot at Whitaker not Romero... Dang.. The Chris. You just haven't looked great since the Brazilians. Beat Jacare... then talk.

Got caught up in the GOAT hype because he beat some 40 year old Brazilians with big names.

He made a career out of beating guys 8+ years older than him and ended up believing he is a lot better than he actually is.

I enjoy watching his fights but stuff like wiping his nose on the flag, his douche celebration after Anderson broke his leg, the pre fight celebration dinner before the Rockhold match, trying to game the system against Mousasi, etc etc makes him an extremely unlikable person imo.

He is the most underrated MW in the world.

He can beat anyone and the majority act like he is terrible but they also have no issue crediting Luke, Romero or Moose as Weidman being a great win when they make a case for said fighter's greatness.

I find it hilarious and quite odd at the same time.

He wrecked Silva, who was loved by many here and that is the majority of where the hatred towards him stems from.

No the hatred for him is because nobody believed the hype after the Silva victories, he defended the title against guys who were physically smaller than him and way past their prime.

There was always doubt, and the Rockhold fight proved it,...how would Chris be against a fighter who is for once bigger than him and in his prime,...there's your answer.

Chris Weidman is an example of a fighter who was in the perfect place at the right time to win the MW title,...by the way how many successful title defenses did he have, and against who?

No the hatred for him is because nobody believed the hype after the Silva victories, he defended the title against guys who were physically smaller than him and way past their prime.

There was always doubt, and the Rockhold fight proved it,...how would Chris be against a fighter who is for once bigger than him and in his prime,...there's your answer.

Chris Weidman is an example of a fighter who was in the perfect place at the right time to win the MW title,...by the way how many successful title defenses did he have, and against who?
Lol see you are just being silly. Weidman is Rockhold's best ufc win but in your mind, he sucks, therefore, how good is Rockhold then going a step further, how good is Romero?

They all suck, if I played your game.

Seems like he feels he should get the next shot at Whitaker not Romero... Dang.. The Chris. You just haven't looked great since the Brazilians. Beat Jacare... then talk.
If he beats Jacare, the excuse will be that Jacare is an old Brazilian. I'll account bet it that the thread and discussion happens.

100% guarantee if they fight and Weidman wins, that will be the sherdog discussion.

Jacare is no better than Silva was at this point in his career. Silva and Machida were huge wins yet people write him off for them. It makes zero sense. Machida and Silva were great fighters when Chris beat them.

For some reason the thread title sounds like a sitcom. Just saiyan.

For someone with very little elite sparring partners . I have no idea how he does it.

Weidmans brain is still damaged from Yoels knee, he needs dolphin-therapy.

dolphin.jpg

His fights are entertaining. He usually goes for the finish. The three fights he lost were very competitive and exciting until they were stopped against three elite guys in their prime that are UFC champion material. I like the fighter Chris Weidman.

Outside the octagon, I don't fucking care about him.

I bet TS is a Anderoid/Brazilian nuthugger

Back