Matt Serra - Why didn't someone save Luke Rockhold from Yoel Romero (Kissing him)?

Hooft was probably already backstage like after Rumble retired.

respect to romero being classy.

AC fucked up. Not the first time, won't be the last.

Totally agree! Hard to stop it from happening initially, but let's get in there and shut it down

Rockhold needs some love with his sourpus ass. Love and kindness is infectious and maybe the doctors ringside knew Yoel would help him in long run.

Another classic UFC Bro-Mance...But nothing beats Penn - Hughes.

hahaha, I have to agree with Serra here.

It was a bizarre moment, and I'm not quite sure why it was allowed to happen. Normally, after a KO, the fighter is usually isolated with doctors / medical staff surrounding them.

"You don't want a guy who just put your lights out and crushed your dreams, and now you got the guy, he pins you up against the cage, and he's kissing ya, telling you all this stuff." - Serra

he looks like a rape victim who realizes the futility of fighting back and surrenders to the inevitable.

The more I look at it the more it makes me cringe lol.

Yoel speaking so close their lips are almost touching, the kiss on the cheek and the cornered puppy face Luke makes when turning his head while Yoel lays his on his chest.. And the ear rub..

giphy.gif

Luke must be in hiding right now and probably dies inside everytime he sees this. I actually feel bad for him.

I said the same thing when it happened that was HORRIBLE

What about Dilly yelling in Codys face? Slightly different but same situation

Does anyone know what he actually said to Luke?

The ear caress was extra wrong. lol

Yoel, not realizing Luke wasn't with Demi anymore, was probably telling him something about what he wanted to do to her. Hence the kissing and ear rubbing.

with all the kiss talk ..

really feel like everyone is overlooking the ear rubbing part

This pic says it all, really.

Just look at Luke's face.

kiss.jpg
It's kinda like this generation of fighters' version of that shot of Ace with Anderson. Something is happening to a guy that he doesn't want, but he's powerless to stop it.

i agree

Luke immediately wanted no part of it, slip up by the officials in there
Nah I blame Lukes corner. Where the fuck were they? Hooft has this bad habit of abandoning his fallen fighters. Didn't he disappear when Rumble lost?

100% agree. Not the time or place. At the time was pissed the ref didn’t break it up after a few seconds.

I don't think Yoel had any malicious intent doing that but yeah it was awkward as hell. Sure it was funny to watch but I do feel bad for Rockhold, the guy felt so uncomfortable.

Back