BDS movement nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize

From the brookings institute:

“Economically, therefore a consumer boycott seems less of a credible threat than either BDS, the Israeli government, or many in the United States seem to believe: it would be very hard to enforce a ban on commercial Israeli goods, from computer hardware and software, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, to advanced machinery in heavy industry. In other words, a significant portion of Israeli exports are in high demand—and this trend seems likely to continue—and most consumers (either firms or people) would be unable to replace them or unwilling to stop consuming them altogether.”

The right wing know this but play up the they do not want peace and want Israel gone so let’s circle the wagons and they gain support.

So if that is what you want....continue on with boycotting Israel proper and continue to be ambiguous with the end goals of the bds movement.
https://bdsmovement.net/what-is-bds

JEWS%2B%25284%2529.jpg

I'd literally never heard of BDS until I read this Thread. But hey, they gave one to Obama for not being George Bush, so why not?:)

Yes it is a rallying point for the right wing. Is the goal of the bds movement for the right wing to get more support?

The right wing won't be happy until a gun gets nominated "guns keep us all safe."

/spits out chew

Good luck boycotting one of the most scientifically advanced highest quality producers in the world.

I'll keep my Israeli products, you can keep Islamist tears.

Stop derailing the thread with your horse shit. BDS is a great idea, and a great movement. You can tell how impactful they are by how badly Israel wants them shut down.

I heard Stern going off in a Jew-rage on Lorde and Roger Waters a few weeks ago. He was about as poorly informed on BDS as some of the posters in this thread.

Last edited:
So BDS can join the likes of other great Laureates like Kissinger and Arafat. Good for them?

So BDS can join the likes of other great Laureates like Kissinger and Arafat. Good for them?
Kissinger, certainly a war criminal, Arafat, the jury is out on, but he got the prize with Yitzhak Rabin and Shimon Peres, obvious war criminals.

It's refreshing to see this prize possibly go to ones truly deserving as it has many times prior.

The jury is still out on Arafat if you're deaf, dumb and blind. He's a war criminal, terrorist and thief.

Arafat was given the opportunity to transform to become a statesman and decided to not make that move.

If Arafat accepted the Clinton Parameters and moved forward, the Palestinians would have had a state many years ago. He royally screwed up.

As much as I think the Norwegian Nobel price committee and their Peace price is a clown show (very unlike the Swedish Nobel committee who hands out awards for hard science -although their price for literarure has taken a nosedive in credibility), they do not concider nominations from anyone outside the committee. That politician´s "nomination" is worth as much as a anonymous add in a outback towns newspaper.

I don't understand not doing all of Israel. The whole occupation is supported by Israel proper - financially and militarily. Guess when rubber meets the road the EU is on Israeli lobbies payroll too like we are in USA. This is like doing a Crimea boycott instead of whole Russia.

Back