Why do some people support Conor earning 100 million?

Conor's approach, his popularity, and the money he's making have together had a pretty negative effect on my experience as a fan.

He screwed up two divisions. One of them is still screwed up, with two fighters who are probably much better than him losing time and possible title defenses while Conor refuses to defend. As an MMA fan, the Mayweather fight meant less than nothing to me. I had no interest in seeing a guy who was sitting on top of a division waste everyone's time getting embarrassed in another sport.

He has changed the way fighters negotiate. The top guys are all turning into divas now. More power to them (and Conor) for negotiating better deals where they can, but I don't want to hear about it, and I don't want to hear champions refuse to fight (or complain about) an opponent who isn't marketable. That should happen quietly and behind closed doors, and ultimately should not matter at all where champions are concerned. A champion should fight the guy who's next in line. Period.

Conor's clown act has a lot of fighters playing the fool for attention. I guess a lot of fans enjoy this, so I can't complain, but it's not for me. It makes the sport look pretty stupid.
Cry me a river pussy. I don’t feel the tiniest bit bad for you if this is really how you really. You want to keep fighters poor and that shows what kind of fucked up terrible person you are.

1. You are worth whatever the market is willing to pay for you. This is a hallmark of a democratic society.
So you agree that Justin Bieber, Kardashians, Lady Gaga are so talented and entertaining that they deserve the money they get?
There's millions more talented and better musicians, actors, entertainers who are broke and unknown, only because they were not born and lucky to be in right moment and right place to make it.
Most highest paid people are lucky to be in a place where they are and are paid disproportionately.
For example facebook is not THAT much better than other social media plaforms, yet Zuckerberg is absurdly rich compared to others because it cought up by chance, gained momentum and grew exponenitally.

If Zuckerberg was born in another country, attended different university, and in another year he'd never make even 0.1% of the riches he has even with all his talents. The same goes for Jobs, Gates as well. For every Steve Jobs, there are 1000s of even more genius and more talended Jobses who are productive, hard workers but earn 100-200k a year, good but still 10,000x less than him because they didn't catch a lucky break. Market is far from ideal and fair.

we remember the "great kings and heroes" because they were rich. middle age history made no attempt to remember any people who were not wealthy and powerful. lol

your analogy proves the opposing point of view lol

Back then the society was not materialistic and nobody was valued solely because he had money. It's only in the modern West that people are servile to the rich and respect them just because of their money and equate it with "success".

Money is a dirty and evil thing that corrupts people and makes them weak. That's why modern West is so soft and weak because the standard of living is too high and people have become lazy. The only meaning of money for me is to build a powerful state and a big army and to fund education and things like that. Individual people shouldn't have a lot of money and if they have the shouldn't be the ones other people look up to.

1. You are worth whatever the market is willing to pay for you. This is a hallmark of a democratic society.

Democracy is the most degenerate and unnatural system there is. There are zero credible philosophical arguments that can support democracy. The great Plato disdained democracy and nobody was ever able to refute what he said about this corrupt system.

The market can suck my balls. The market is a bunch of stupid degenerate people who buy stupid things and pay for stupid things. Those people shouldn't dictate social trends. There needs to be a higher moral authority.

Cry me a river pussy. I don’t feel the tiniest bit bad for you if this is really how you really. You want to keep fighters poor and that shows what kind of fucked up terrible person you are.

Where did I say I wanted to keep fighters poor? Was it when I said "more power to them"?

Maybe you should take a deep breath and read my post again.

I said I didn't want to see how the sausage gets made, handle that behind closed doors, like professionals. I said I hated how Conor froze two divisions, and how that hurt the contenders in those divisions (Did you want to keep THOSE fighters poor? Do you only care about Conor being rich?) I said I hated the teenage melodrama fighters are now using to sell fights but understood that it entertains a lot of people so I couldn't really complain about it.

All this crying about money has hurt the sport for me. I didn't say it was bad for all fans, just me. It's hard for me to care even a tiny bit about someone making millions or tens of millions of dollars and complaining about how they should get more; if they want to angle for more, fine, but do it in the room, not on the internet. Don't win a belt and say you're not going to fight the number one contender because he isn't a draw... ESPECIALLY if you yourself are not a draw. Win a belt, fight the top contenders, done. That doesn't work for you, don't fight for a belt.

Your post did nothing but attack me for voicing my opinion. I think you should reconsider who the terrible person is here.

Democracy is the most degenerate and unnatural system there is. There are zero credible philosophical arguments that can support democracy. The great Plato disdained democracy and nobody was ever able to refute what he said about this corrupt system.

The market can suck my balls. The market is a bunch of stupid degenerate people who buy stupid things and pay for stupid things. Those people shouldn't dictate social trends. There needs to be a higher moral authority.

You know absolutely nothing about philosophy . The fact that your ability to debate is atrocious is an additional proof of it.

Because it opens up fighters to the possibility of making serious money and will draw people who would otherwise go into other sports to instead get into MMA and increase the talent pool. Most athletic dudes who sustained no injuries in their youth will just stick with their high school and college sports. The only legitimate top tier athletes that have a fairly large portion go to MMA are college and Olympic wrestlers, mainly college wrestlers who had a lot of success, but not enough for the Olympics.

The rest are guys who had injuries interrupt their pro sport careers, like Mitrione, Marcus Jones, or dudes that were cut like Schaub. Most dudes would rather not risk fighting and making shit money than a steady job, even if they were athletic and competitive in other sports but couldn't proceed as pros for some reason. Conor and others bringing money to the sport like that will entice a lot of people to switch over.

Last edited:
Because it opens up fighters to the possibility of making serious money and will draw people who would otherwise go into other sports to instead get into MMA and increase the talent pool. Most athletic dudes who sustained no injuries in their youth will just stick with their high school and college sports. The only legitimate top tier athletes that have a fairly large portion go to MMA are college and Olympic wrestlers, mainly college wrestlers who had a lot of success, but not enough for the Olympics.

The rest are guys who had injuries interrupt their pro sport careers, like Mitrione, Marcus Jones, or dudes that were cut like Schaub. Most dudes would rather not risk fighting and making shit money than a steady job, even if they were athletic and competitive in other sports but couldn't proceed as pros for some reason. Conor and others bringing money to the sport like that will entice a lot of people to switch over.

I'd put double like to your post, just because you posted the same thing twice in one post

Sell your computer and stick with your plow.

Why would you want Conor (or any other fighter for the matter) to earn that kind of money? How does it benefit society? How does it benefit the sport? How does it benefit you personally?

I constantly read people here saying "Conor fought Floyd to earn 100 million dollars" as if it is a good thing, to excuse Conor ducking contenders and not defending for more than a year.

Having that kind of money is nothing but greed, but the worst thing is that his fans don't even get anything from it, they just support it for some reason, even though it's totally immoral and wrong from social perspective, not to mention that it destroys the sport.

It's not just Conor, it's the same thing with Floyd fans and other fans who support this type of fighters and their persona. For some reason they care more about how much money they make rather than the integrity of the sport. Then they openly excuse the ducking and cherry picking because it's "good business".
Why do dumb shits ask this about every sport?
If an combat sport or any sporting event generates hundreds of millions the main stars have earned a piece ...would you prefer all that money goes to the scumbag promoters alone?

IDK, I'm not a hater let a man have money and fame if he can you know :D but think the UFC should handled situation better, can't fight within a set time? like 12 months or something, then stripped and thats it..

I'm not against capitalism, at all

But is ever fun see sherdoggers sucking capitalism's cock over the sport they're supposed to be "fans" of

Why would you want Conor (or any other fighter for the matter) to earn that kind of money? How does it benefit society? How does it benefit the sport? How does it benefit you personally?

I constantly read people here saying "Conor fought Floyd to earn 100 million dollars" as if it is a good thing, to excuse Conor ducking contenders and not defending for more than a year.

Having that kind of money is nothing but greed, but the worst thing is that his fans don't even get anything from it, they just support it for some reason, even though it's totally immoral and wrong from social perspective, not to mention that it destroys the sport.

It's not just Conor, it's the same thing with Floyd fans and other fans who support this type of fighters and their persona. For some reason they care more about how much money they make rather than the integrity of the sport. Then they openly excuse the ducking and cherry picking because it's "good business".

so you'd rather the promoters get that money? Think about it

So you agree that Justin Bieber, Kardashians, Lady Gaga are so talented and entertaining that they deserve the money they get?
There's millions more talented and better musicians, actors, entertainers who are broke and unknown, only because they were not born and lucky to be in right moment and right place to make it.
Most highest paid people are lucky to be in a place where they are and are paid disproportionately.
For example facebook is not THAT much better than other social media plaforms, yet Zuckerberg is absurdly rich compared to others because it cought up by chance, gained momentum and grew exponenitally.

If Zuckerberg was born in another country, attended different university, and in another year he'd never make even 0.1% of the riches he has even with all his talents. The same goes for Jobs, Gates as well. For every Steve Jobs, there are 1000s of even more genius and more talended Jobses who are productive, hard workers but earn 100-200k a year, good but still 10,000x less than him because they didn't catch a lucky break. Market is far from ideal and fair.
Yes.

You are worth what the market is willing to pay for you. This is the first thing any top shelf business school drills into you in your first micro and macro economics lesson.

Alot of untalented people try to cope by thinking otherwise but this is a cold hard fact.

Where did I say I wanted to keep fighters poor? Was it when I said "more power to them"?

Maybe you should take a deep breath and read my post again.

I said I didn't want to see how the sausage gets made, handle that behind closed doors, like professionals. I said I hated how Conor froze two divisions, and how that hurt the contenders in those divisions (Did you want to keep THOSE fighters poor? Do you only care about Conor being rich?) I said I hated the teenage melodrama fighters are now using to sell fights but understood that it entertains a lot of people so I couldn't really complain about it.

All this crying about money has hurt the sport for me. I didn't say it was bad for all fans, just me. It's hard for me to care even a tiny bit about someone making millions or tens of millions of dollars and complaining about how they should get more; if they want to angle for more, fine, but do it in the room, not on the internet. Don't win a belt and say you're not going to fight the number one contender because he isn't a draw... ESPECIALLY if you yourself are not a draw. Win a belt, fight the top contenders, done. That doesn't work for you, don't fight for a belt.

Your post did nothing but attack me for voicing my opinion. I think you should reconsider who the terrible person is here.
Just because you voice your opinion doesn’t mean you are free from being ridiculed for having a shitty opinion. The argument it froze up two divisions doesn’t really whole weight when you look at what actually happened.

Aldo and frankie fought for an interim title and the winner of that fight later became the champ then max won the belt and defended. The division moved on.

The LW wasn’t held up either. The two top contenders have either been injuried or missed weight when trying to fight eachother. Conor didn’t freeze that. Both have claims they are number 1 contenders. You can’t have one ahead of the other. They haven’t been able to fight so that’s on them.

You’re whining just seems annoying. Like you don’t realize you live in the real world and people can actually do as they please and not bend to your every desire of shut up and fight I don’t want to hear about your desire to make fair pay.

The way fighters get paid more is speaking up about it and forcing the issue like Conor did. If you don’t want to see that you obviously don’t care to see fighters get paid more

Just because you voice your opinion doesn’t mean you are free from being ridiculed for having a shitty opinion.

You not agreeing with an opinion doesn't make it shit. You attacking me personally isn't the same as ridiculing my ideas.

The argument it froze up two divisions doesn’t really whole weight when you look at what actually happened.

Aldo and frankie fought for an interim title and the winner of that fight later became the champ then max won the belt and defended. The division moved on.

The LW wasn’t held up either. The two top contenders have either been injuried or missed weight when trying to fight eachother. Conor didn’t freeze that. Both have claims they are number 1 contenders. You can’t have one ahead of the other. They haven’t been able to fight so that’s on them.

That's your opinion. It's very bad. It's one hundred percent apologist. Conor held titles and never defended them. Why weren't Frankie and Aldo fighting for the actual title? Why did they have to fight for an interim and then have that interim turned into the "real" one? That's nonsense. That's Conor. The man who never defends.

You can spin fairy tales about how nobody was ready to fight for the LW title, but someone is ALWAYS ready to fight for the title. Conor hasn't defended in what, fifteen months now? You're telling me the most competitive division in the UFC and nobody could fight Conor? That nobody was allowed to step up and challenge because the two top contenders weren't able to get their acts together? Congratulations, you're two for two on apologist positions. And it's "on THEM"? Are you kidding? Consider yourself ridiculed.

You’re whining just seems annoying. Like you don’t realize you live in the real world and people can actually do as they please and not bend to your every desire of shut up and fight I don’t want to hear about your desire to make fair pay.

The way fighters get paid more is speaking up about it and forcing the issue like Conor did. If you don’t want to see that you obviously don’t care to see fighters get paid more

Please don't think you have any idea what I realize.

Do you honestly think Conor made his money stamping his feet and begging for more? Conor is an earner and has more leverage than any other fighter. That's it. Every fighter is expendable, Conor less so because he earns so much, but they didn't hesitate to cut him from UFC 200.. The pissing and moaning we're hearing from the new breed of divas does nothing to make fighters more money.

You sound like a child.

Back