Steroids-using guy in my gym- should I care?

No, unless your grappling for money, as in a competition against him, just mind your own business.

Having a juiced out guy in the gym is good for you man. Thats good training for when you go against guys way stronger than you but you can still beat them using technique. I get it if you competed and lost to a guy juicing because that would make you feel cheated. Let the guy juice away. He gets stronger and you get better in the process.

If you're juicing, you're also training hard. So the idea that he gets stronger while you get better, isn't entirely true. He can recover faster, train more and harder, he also gets better faster too. The idea that a steroid user also only uses strength and not technique is such a 90s BJJ stereotype.

I mean, look at all the supremely technical blackheads who use steroids on the world stage.

Harder the training, the easier the fight. Or something like that.

If you're juicing, you're also training hard. So the idea that he gets stronger while you get better, isn't entirely true. He can recover faster, train more and harder, he also gets better faster too. The idea that a steroid user also only uses strength and not technique is such a 90s BJJ stereotype.

I mean, look at all the supremely technical blackheads who use steroids on the world stage.
Blackheads?

What are you talking about dude? I was saying having a dude who is juicing will help him get better at bjj because the juice head is going to be a monster to roll with so he will get a lot of good experience.

“I’m pretty fat and carry around a lot of water weight”

Start there.

Not really even sure what ‘carry a lot of water weight’ means. Like you eat a lot of salty foods and is bloated a lot or something?

Start there.

Not really even sure what ‘carry a lot of water weight’ means. Like you eat a lot of salty foods and is bloated a lot or something?

Really brah? Water retention is one of the main reasons for being overweight.

Every used Dianabol? You'll gain weight overnight and 90% of that will be water retention.

What are you talking about dude? I was saying having a dude who is juicing will help him get better at bjj because the juice head is going to be a monster to roll with so he will get a lot of good experience.

Sorry, I read it as the tired trope of steroid guy only getting strong while the guy with no strength gets technical.

Start there.

“Carrying water weight” sounds like the “I’m just big boned” excuse for being overweight. At least the TS admitted he was a fat fuck. But then he blew it by trying to blame it on water. The true reason he’s fat is he eats crap and too much of it.

Start there.

Agreed.

TS is starting to smell like a troll.

Really brah? Water retention is one of the main reasons for being overweight.

Every used Dianabol? You'll gain weight overnight and 90% of that will be water retention.

TS said he (himself) carries the water weight, not the roider. I know some roids make you carry water weight.

TS said he (himself) carries the water weight, not the roider. I know some roids make you carry water weight.

Yeah but non roiders can carry waterweight just as easily. He's probably just a shit eater.

No you shouldn't. You just have to be careful or avoid completely if you want to make sure you don't get hurt or have a huge moral issue with it.

But are you sure? Innocent until proven otherwise and all that

Yeah but non roiders can carry waterweight just as easily. He's probably just a shit eater.

I thought you were confusing the two and accusing TS of also roiding.

But yeah I’m aware some types of food can make you carry water weight but I didn’t know it was a big factor in a lot of overweight people.

I thought you were confusing the two and accusing TS of also roiding.

But yeah I’m aware some types of food can make you carry water weight but I didn’t know it was a big factor in a lot of overweight people.

It varies case by case, I'm sure TS has a reason for saying its waterweight.

No you shouldn't. You just have to be careful or avoid completely if you want to make sure you don't get hurt or have a huge moral issue with it.

But are you sure? Innocent until proven otherwise and all that

I second the ‘be careful’ recommendation. Aside from the strength difference, there’s also a chance of roid rage. That shit is real.

If you’re uncomfortable, have a conversation with him. Let him know in a very nice way ‘hey bro, I don’t feel like I get a lot from our rolls. Perhaps you don’t either. Throw in a ‘I often am pretty beat up after our rolls, which isn’t your fault because this is a contact sport but I think I need to take a break from rolling with you for a while’.

I have actually told multiple people over the years I can’t roll with them and why. All were understanding.

I second the ‘be careful’ recommendation. Aside from the strength difference, there’s also a chance of roid rage. That shit is real.

If you’re uncomfortable, have a conversation with him. Let him know in a very nice way ‘hey bro, I don’t feel like I get a lot from our rolls. Perhaps you don’t either. Throw in a ‘I often am pretty beat up after our rolls, which isn’t your fault because this is a contact sport but I think I need to take a break from rolling with you for a while’.

I have actually told multiple people over the years I can’t roll with them and why. All were understanding.

You're way more polite that me lol. With he crazies, I just tend to say "Nah, bro" and then walk away

Anything that happens in the training room doesnt matter anyway. Competition is the only time u should care about ur opponents habits

Back