Just watched the Chris Rock special on Netflix (Tamborine)

I disagree. Bring the Pain was a masterpiece. Bigger and Blacker awesome. His recent work has been dismal. This latest piece was painful. Even the audience looked bored. When you can spot people yawning in the crowd, its time to hang it up.

Yeah, those two specials were hilarious. His older ones I mean

They's only one Chris Rock I'm hooked on.

pookie.jpg

His whiteman bit sounded like pandering. It was more preachy than comedy

Yea, Bring the Pain is one of the best stand ups I've ever seen...

I tried watching this, and wanted to like it...but it just wasn't funny...at all.

I think I may have smiled or smirked once. I stopped it after 20 min

Hey TS, just so I can know how much merit to put into your opinion of something....

Is the earth flat? :)

His whiteman bit sounded like pandering. It was more preachy than comedy

some preaching is to be expected when anyone has a captive audience. not to say everyone does it but most will.

but wrap it the fuck up, and move on. that goes for any subject.

its kinda sad that he doesn't have any buds around him that could listen to him practice the routine and say "dude, no."

"don't ever ever let anyone else see this act."

Early work was amazing

Most modern stand up just doesn’t interest me anymore, usually if I wanna watch stand up I just watch classic specials from Carlin, Kinnison, Pryor, Hicks, etc.
Samesies

Most modern stand up just doesn’t interest me anymore, usually if I wanna watch stand up I just watch classic specials from Carlin, Kinnison, Pryor, Hicks, etc.
Tom segura and john mulaney are funny as shit

Black comedians now have to be ultra political and talk about how rough it is as a black man. Then they count their 20 million dollar paycheck.

Skipped all the identity politics and it became mildly funny

Comedy, rap, and rock are young mens games. Some buck the trend, but it is whsst it is.

welp, saved me the trouble of finding out it is a stinker.

Yea, Bring the Pain is one of the best stand ups I've ever seen...

I tried watching this, and wanted to like it...but it just wasn't funny...at all.

I think I may have smiled or smirked once. I stopped it after 20 min

Bring the Pain was a godlike performace

Black comedians now have to be ultra political and talk about how rough it is as a black man. Then they count their 20 million dollar paycheck.

Maybe they were speaking prior to hitting it big?

It had some good laughs here and there but nothing compared to his prime like bigger and blacker.

Maybe they were speaking prior to hitting it big?

But they didn't before...Listen to Chris Rocks older sets. He made fun of blacks that didn't do what cops said. He actually said if you fight the cops you get hurt. Now its cops are bad rhetoric. He grew up in the burbs anyway. So did Chappelle.

Back