What technology does Sherdog use?

Is there any open source platform similar to Sherdog?
The forum is written in PHP and commercially available in various forms under the name XenForo (which developmentally has history with our previous build – vB, as irony would have it). Open source however? Not to my knowledge, no. Hope that helps.

The forum is written in PHP and commercially available in various forms under the name XenForo (which developmentally has history with our previous build – vB, as irony would have it). Open source however? Not to my knowledge, no. Hope that helps.
Thank you for the answer, have to look for a open source version for my school project :)

Thank you for the answer, have to look for a open source version for my school project :)
Cheers. Get your Google-ninja hat on and look into PHP-derivative Internet forum software, open source, and the like. I'm certain there exists whatnot once you land on just the right queries to search by. Best of luck to you on the project and forget us not when you've the next Facebook.

MyBB is the main FOSS forum software, have a look at Flarum as well which is in beta but really nice

I started my project and its going pretty well in bbpress. I would like to use a notification system similar to Sherdog, showing you the new likes and replies. Do you have any idea of some plugins that can do that?

Thanks again for the info :)

I started my project and its going pretty well in bbpress. I would like to use a notification system similar to Sherdog, showing you the new likes and replies. Do you have any idea of some plugins that can do that?

Thanks again for the info :)
Hi, Cyrus.

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear it's going well. You're getting into granularity I'm unfortunately not going to be of much help with. Let's keep the thread open and see if someone more knowing than I can chime in. Sound good?

Hi, Cyrus.

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear it's going well. You're getting into granularity I'm unfortunately not going to be of much help with. Let's keep the thread open and see if someone more knowing than I can chime in. Sound good?
Thanks, sure that sounds great

Back