Boycott Optics Planet and X-Products

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Take a look at this below and ask yourself whether you want to buy from these people.

Optics Planet

23wl9wn.png

TTAG is reporting that Optics Planet sent out an e-mail explaining that they are no longer selling standard magazines (more than 10-round cap).
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...s-planet-stops-sales-high-capacity-magazines/

X-Products

X_Products_Amanda_Malarkey_Everytown_Fundraiser.png

Owner's wife is fundraising for Bloomberg/Soros "Everytown." Apparently the CEO himself posted a detailed proposal on his own FaceBook page for a licensing scheme and talks about how the "privilege is nearing a tipping point":

Malarkey_Part_1.png

Malarkey_Part_2.png

Info procured from ARFCOM
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-2082761/?
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-2082619/?

Their right to sell what they want, our right to buy what we want, its a beautiful fucking thing man.

Why don't they just get out of business altogether? They're just signalling hard against their own line of business, alienating their customers, it's not going to do a bit of good either way.

@RerouteToRemain posted a clarification by Optics Planet in another thread. Said the problem was being in Illinois and not them trying to make some moral stand. This X-Products guy can suck a dick though. And his wife can suck mine. :cool:

I’m with you man fuck these pussies. Catering to the complete opposite of their customer base.

Take a look at this below and ask yourself whether you want to buy from these people

We fully understand how the email featured in the article on The Truth About Guns suggests that we may have made a decision to limit the sales of magazines over 10 rounds due to the recent tragedy in Parkland, Florida. Before we go any further, we want to make it clear that our condolences go to the families of all of the victims, and that our hearts go out to a community trying to recover after a senseless event.

At OpticsPlanet, we have never used the inflamed tensions and emotions of current events to drive decision making. Our support of the 2nd amendment is made undeniably clear by the products we offer. We are one of the few online retailers who never stopped offering completely legal products such as bump stocks or binary triggers, when many did. We do not raise prices during frenzies. We do, however, follow the laws and make adjustments when legally required.

In this case, insufficient internal communication led to a misread message. We are not offering magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds to the general public due to our location in Northbrook, Illinois, and local laws that limit our ability to sell these. Being an internet retailer serving fifty states can be complex at times, and frankly, our location in Illinois only adds to this complexity. We may not always like the law, but we need to follow it.

We own up to the fact that we did not explain this well internally, which led to an unclear message given to the customer, but we can completely repudiate any notion that this is a reaction to any recent event or the political climate. Unfortunately, our loyal customer base is best served by purchasing their magazines from retailers in “free” states. This issue is currently out of our hands. We’re committed to working hard to retain your business for everything else you need.

It’s unfortunate that this issue has created so much confusion, and we apologize for not providing clearer messaging in the first place. We continue to support our passionate customer community as we have for the past eighteen years in every way we can.

If i got 13% off their razor hd spotter last week does that mean i have to give it back?

http://www.recoilweb.com/official-s...larkey-in-response-to-controversy-135210.html

x products released a statement and it is some serious back pedaling.

I believe firearm ownership is inalienable right and we should be allowed to own all types of firearms. As a community, it is our civic duty is to enforce responsible gun ownership and make improvements to systems that protect those rights. Continually, our community is under immense pressure to address problems that are difficult to debate. There is an innate fear of dealing with repercussions of the public when addressing these hot button issues. I also believe that if we continue to avoid these issues, legislators will draft laws that are unfavorable to the 2A community. As an industry member I felt obligated to present a process that systematically reinforced ownership, eliminated registration and allowed unlimited ownership of new NFA weapons. The goal of my post was to illicit thought and provoke discussions. These points were meant to be argued, and contested, with an end goal to find a positive solution that protects our rights and safety of US citizens. I apologize for calling the 2nd Amendment a right and a privilege, it is a god given right, however if we do not work together and openly discuss solutions we will continue to have our rights chipped away.

MALARKEY’S RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONS ASKED
RECOIL: James has been quoted as saying that firearm ownership is a ‘privilege’ and he outlined a licensing system that would further regulate firearm ownership.
Malarkey: Please see my public Statement ” I apologize for calling the 2nd Amendment a right and a privilege, it is a god given right, however if we do not work together and openly discuss solutions we will continue to have our rights chipped away.”

RECOIL: A woman named Amanda Razey-Malarkey has been identified as James’ wife by another media outlet. In a December 28th post, she calls for donations to Everytown for Gun Safety instead of gifts for her birthday. Is this, in fact, the CEO’s wife and does James support her actions in calling for donations to a gun control group?
Malarkey: My wife makes her own decisions, I do not consult her or recommend the charities she contributes. (Please remove her from any further commentary)

RECOIL: Does James still feel as though magazines should be subject to “some kind of licensing” and does X-Products stand behind James’ belief that a licensing system would “weed out a lot of crime?”
Malarkey: Please read my original post in it’s [sic] entirety. It was written to parallel today’s laws, with some stipulations, while allowing us unlimited access to new manfactured [sic] NFA items.

RECOIL: Has X-Products turned off reviews and is actively screening comments on their Facebook page? It appears that potential customers have questions about the above issues and are not able to make those posts or receive input from X-Products as a result.
Malarkey: People are more than welcome to comment on the pages or send us messages.

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/official-s...onse-to-controversy-135210.html#ixzz57msA2Zx8

Fuck that guy, shit he made was gimmicky as fuck anyways.

"As such he DOES NOT reflect the views of X Products".

Uh, isn't he the CEO? I hope that company fails now. If you want a drum for your AR, buy the Magpul one.

"As such he DOES NOT reflect the views of X Products".

Uh, isn't he the CEO? I hope that company fails now. If you want a drum for your AR, buy the Magpul one.
More like if you want the drum, smack yourself in the face, save your money and buy a bulk pack of 30 rounders.

More like if you want the drum, smack yourself in the face, save your money and buy a bulk pack of 30 rounders.

Or 20's and 40's. All my ammo comes in 20 round boxes. Loading only half a box triggers my OCD. :eek::D

Or 20's and 40's. All my ammo comes in 20 round boxes. Loading only half a box triggers my OCD. :eek::D
I will never understand that. It triggers mine too which is why I try to buy ammo in things that are divisible by a 3.

So my minimum round purchase is three 20 round boxes.

It’s coming eventually guys. Even folks who have financial incentive to be pro 2nd amendment are turning against us. The groundwork is in place. When this generation of youngsters grow up they will have already been indoctrinated against firearm ownership. When their kids grow up gun ownership will be on its deathbed. It wont be a gun grab, but a slow play. A long-con if you will.

Time to boycott Dick's.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/dicks-spo...nger-sell-120903254--abc-news-topstories.html

This shit always sounds stupid.

When asked whether there is a chance the company will reverse its position on the newly announced ban, Stack replied, "Never."

"We’re staunch supporters of the 2nd Amendment. I’m a gun owner myself," Stack said. "We’ve just decided that based on what’s happened with these guns, we don’t want to be a part of this story and we’ve eliminated these guns permanently."

Definition of staunch
1a : watertight, sound
b : strongly built : substantial
2: steadfast in loyalty or principle
  • a staunch friend

If they're staunch supporters of something is certainly isn't the 2nd Amendment.

Back