Good guy with a gun (uniformed cop) at Parkland Highschool shooting didn't engage shooter...

How many links would like like to cops and even civilians engaging an armed criminal to show that it is done all the time.

This guy fucked up big time and didn't perform the main thing he was there to do. There is no telling how many lives he could have saved if he done his job.

They were very generous to let him retire but odds are the guilt will kill him one way or the other. He knows he fucked up and will see those kids faces every night, at least I hope he does.

I'm still not really for arming teachers but would allow it depending on the teacher and their experience and training. However armed trained security is different as well as locking doors to prevent access to the schools.

In 2014, the Broward County Crime Commission awarded Peterson with the title of School Resource Officer of the Year for the City of Parkland District.

The group said Peterson proved "to be reliable in handling issues with tact and judgment."

And? Look we all know there are no perfect people or perfect officers. I don’t doubt this guy was great with kids and resolving issues through talking it out and all of that and was well suited for that position in many ways. But it also looks like he acted with cowardice when he was needed most.

Someone needs to hire the security guard from the convenience store robbery video. The man with the iron nuts. This shit would have never happened had he been there.
He's like 10 Marky Mark's.

not sure if true, but conventional wisdom is that school shooters surrender or commit suicide when confronted by cops. This guy had a 60% chance being a national hero without firing a round.

I made up that stat, but it is what I believe.

call me CNN

Someone needs to hire the security guard from the convenience store robbery video. The man with the iron nuts. This shit would have never happened had he been there.

First thing that went through my mind. Clone that guy and distribute him to campuses nationwide. :D

How many links would like like to cops and even civilians engaging an armed criminal to show that it is done all the time.

This guy fucked up big time and didn't perform the main thing he was there to do. There is no telling how many lives he could have saved if he done his job.

They were very generous to let him retire but odds are the guilt will kill him one way or the other. He knows he fucked up and will see those kids faces every night, at least I hope he does.

I'm still not really for arming teachers but would allow it depending on the teacher and their experience and training. However armed trained security is different as well as locking doors to prevent access to the schools.
There are alot of examples where it goes wrong as well, the 2 recent swat episodes (Shaver and poor guy in Kansas) and these are supposedly highly trained guys.

He chose the wrong line of work. He has to live with those deaths on his conscience for the rest of his life.

First thing that went through my mind. Clone that guy and distribute him to campuses nationwide. :D
I was going to make a comment about the school officer needs to take some man lessons from that guy.

Arming teachers as a solution to school shootings is an incredibly stupid idea.
"Where is Ms.Johnson?"

"Oh Ms.Johnson had to go get her AR15 out of the closet because Susie was acting up in gym again and she had to go execute her, tell the sixth graders class will be delayed at least 15 minutes."

Firing off rounds and one liners with no remorse.

Fuck, man. That guy has to live with that the rest of his life now.

The damn kids getting shot showed more courage than a trained adult with a gun.

Friend of mine lives in LA and is on the "warrant team".

Asked him how real that Gyllenhaal movie was:
"Too close to my usual day when I was a patrol officer"

Cool man, I’m in the fugitive warrants section myself. Fuck patrol and fuck being a cop in LA lmao.

Sounds like dereliction of duty, means he is culpable for all them lives.

Fucking pussy.

A lil boy with dreams of serving his country had more heart and courage than an officer of the law.

That boy deserves the Medal of Honor.

There are alot of examples where it goes wrong as well, the 2 recent swat episodes (Shaver and poor guy in Kansas) and these are supposedly highly trained guys.

Yes shit can happen but in most cases doing nothing is worse.

Hell any civilian that engages a shooter runs the risk of being shot by the cops if they get caught inn the middle. It's a chance you take if you decide to engage. Still people engage because despite all that they want to save people family or strangers. Because they have the tool that they can do that with.

The simple lesson here is that you can't count on anyone for your own safety but you. Maybe that'll sink in with anyone who believes regular Joe shouldn't be allowed to carry in public.

Last edited:
Sounds like dereliction of duty, means he is culpable for all them lives.

Fucking pussy.

A lil boy with dreams of serving his country had more heart and courage than an officer of the law.

That boy deserves the Medal of Honor.
a boy tried to stop the shooter? can u link

The simple lesson here is that you can't count on anyone for your own safety but you. Maybe that's sink in with anyone who believes regular Joe shouldn't be allowed to carry in public.

I've always wondered how I would handle these situations in person. What if you are in a position to stop the shooter, and during a struggle regular Joe shows up with a gun? Sorry but the types of dudes that live by conceal carry aren't the type of people I want thinking on their feet.

Back