Bull fighting, man vs beast or animal cruelty?

White Whale

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Do you think Bull fighting is tradition and legit sport or is it outdated animal cruelty that needs to end?

Unless someone here is from Spain, no one is going to say tradition. I don't get it, but I also admit I don't understand anything about the history. Is this a real question or just an attempt at trolling to get an argument started?

Both.

Also, it's unquestionably a tradition. That isn't mutually exclusive to it being anachronistically barbaric.

Tradition, yes.
Legit sport, highly debatable. No imo
Animal cruelty, yes.
Needs to end? Yeh like 20+ years ago. Even the majority of Spaniards I've met are fucking ashamed of it.

I love to watch those idiots get ragdolled by bulls.

Totally a piece of shit thing to do.

At least bull gets to hurt man back.

I always cheer for the bulls.

It should have ended long ago.

Love when bulls win though.

Excuse me? If the bulls are breeders that would be unrealistically expensive and impractical (breeders breed their livestock to sell to others, so they wouldn't control the entire bloodline).

I'm guessing, if this is true, it's restricted to the stables of the Toro arena. Shit, why am I surmising...
Ritual of slaughtering mother of bull that killed Spanish matador sparks anger online

I was only going on word of moth on that one. Granted, it could be hysteria. The only debate to be had is whether it is a sport imo.

Bull wins. Good day. Play with the bull, well..............

Do you think Bull fighting is tradition and legit sport or is it outdated animal cruelty that needs to end?

white-goodman-bull-by-the-horns.jpg

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Unless someone here is from Spain, no one is going to say tradition. I don't get it, but I also admit I don't understand anything about the history. Is this a real question or just an attempt at trolling to get an argument started?

Tradition. Sport. Not from Spain.

I don't enjoy it, and the suffering of the animal would bother me. I'm pretty nice. I also ear meat, and understand that the natural world is not nice and mother earth set it up this way. Bulls seem to like to fight, tbh. Might prefer this battle to a screw through the head.

It'd be fair if the bull fighter had no weapons... maybe just some rope.

It's a shit show. More interesting if the man has only a box cutter or a pocket knife. Take away the fucking sword.

Back