The All-Purpose Motorsports Thread

This dude might save NASCAR.

I think what could have saved Nascar would have been if Almirola rolled up during Dillon's victory celebration and threw down like Yarborough and Allison did back in 79 to kick start Nascar's popularity.

There's so many butthurt people who are saying that it was a dirty move. Dale Jr even told someone not to be so sensitive. lol

It wouldn't be a good move early in a race but on the last lap of a race nobody is going to back off the throttle.

If you went back to when nascar was successful you would see a lot less wrecks in the last laps and late bs cautions. With the playoff elimination setup being decided by 2nd place's front bumper on late restarts I think I'll spend my time Sundays doing something else. Amazing how terrible Nascar is now, with no personalities to speak of.

Not surprising with Jr retired. Can't forget about all the fans that left with Gordon too.

And Kenseth, smoke and Carl Edwards.

I think Bubba Wallace can become a huge figure but he's going to need a few things to go his way. He's going to have to get himself in a better ride at some point and he can't have ESPN and other networks all over his junk because he's black. That'll end up turning fans on him. ESPN already had more coverage on him than they did the race winner.

He's just a cool ass dude and I hope he becomes one of the more popular drivers.

I was watching the NASCAR races from Atlanta today and some teams were having trouble changing front tires. A replay showed that the shocks were very slow to extend, trapping the tire in the fender. They use those to keep the splitter close to the track but it really costs them on pit stops.

NASCAR didn't have a full field for the Cup race Sunday as teams are having trouble coming up with sponsors and money. Kevin Harvick had a driving clinic in both the Xfinity and Monster Cup races as he won them both very easily. They had an air gun failure as NASCAR now supplies all of the air guns, regulators and hoses. He had to start 19th in the second segment but was able to get the lead after 24 laps.

oh I think there is somewhat of a variety here.
not much MC though since most of it gets little TV coverage anymore.
I remember when the old Speed Channel used to show every MotoGP race
on the calendar. I'm sure one could find races on youtube. I used to love watching
WRC on TV, that's gone as well.
F1 with coverage by ESPN is surely bound to suck balls, since it's just the worldwide feed
with zero commentary (that's my understanding anyway).

oh I think there is somewhat of a variety here.
not much MC though since most of it gets little TV coverage anymore.
I remember when the old Speed Channel used to show every MotoGP race
on the calendar. I'm sure one could find races on youtube. I used to love watching
WRC on TV, that's gone as well.
F1 with coverage by ESPN is surely bound to suck balls, since it's just the worldwide feed
with zero commentary (that's my understanding anyway).

Yeah, bike racing seems to have declined in popularity. Some people blame that on the increasing levels of electronic aids, and departure from the resemblance to road going machines, making it a little too clinical and F1 like these days. Others blame it on the increasing price of sports bikes, and their declining popularity with young riders (due both to the price and increasing road rules/enforcement in most places). Then there's the loss of commentators like Barry Sheene, and Valentino Rossi no longer being the charismatic young superstar with runaway success.
Hard to say.
Easy enough to find streams of the events though.

All types of racing are dying due to lack of interest from younger generations and the high cost to get into any form of racing. The interest in vehicles has waned badly also. In the 50s, 60s and 70s, cars were a major topic of conversation at any gathering. Everybody had to look at the new cars and often go for rides or drive them. Now nobody seems to even care about cars anymore.

I enjoy the input from some of the people on here who only watch forms of racing that have a very limited possibility of who wins a race. World SBK had 26 races and 4 different winners. One driver won 16 of the races, another 7 races, a third 2 races and a fourth one race. 4 drivers on 2 different teams winning all 26 races isn't really what I call competition. Even Formula One managed 5 different winners on 3 different teams in their 20 parades/races.

NASCAR had 5 different winners in the first 5 races of the season.

I'm from an older generation and I am as in love with cars today as I was when I went to my first race as a kid at Watkins Glen. I have a GT350 Cobra, an M3 and a track Miata with a turbo that I race on local tracks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back