Recent fights/results/news from China

just returned to normality now

Sichtman fought 10 days ago on ACB-KB 13,lets see how he does

4-Man Final
Hasan Toy (Turkey) def. Ilias Bulaid (Morocco) by Decision

damn didnt knew it was a tournament and i stopped watching :(

Big win for Toy. The cut to 67 is probably brutal though. He usually fights 71-73.

Kunlun definitely needed some "new" decent names for the 70kg tournament this year and already looks pretty ok. Moiseev, Larsen, Ben Moh.

Jomthong done being retired I guess :p
Zuev

FF6fl2n.jpg

IjvNicu.jpg

fixpL9R.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if their MMA broadcasts on CCTV-5 are done now since they're again having a couple MMA fights on each KB card. Would overall probably mean more kickboxing events again since they have to do enough fights to fill their Jiangsu slots anyway.

Semi committed to updating this for the next year :/

ZUZl3vH.png

Last edited:
LOMchA8.png

Updated bracket. Not going to spam these here every time but figured I'd post this one as I fiddled with it a bit more.

So my understanding currently is:
ten 4-man qualifier tournaments
5 fighters picked by Kunlun and Marat Grigorian as the 2017 champ go straight to Final 16 stage of the tournament

I have also heard 8 qualifier tournaments and Kunlun picking 5 guys and then 3 more Superfight winners. Not yet seen Kunlun really say either so might have to fiddle with the bracket a little more at some point.

The commentators also said Superbon is in the tournament.

Not looking too bad of a tournament
IF Grigorian really gets there
and
Superbon, Moiseev, Larsen, Ben Moh, Drai, Nagbe

Then you'll probably also have:
Kiria, Zuev, Mezouari, Kuliaba, Manhoef, Kulebin, Toutouh, Ayman, Jomthong since he seems to be un-retiring?
Maybe Pashporin and Dzhaniev? Yod?

Last years quarterfinalist Cimesa already out by losing to Drai.

Kunlun 71
April 1

Kunlun (assuming 72)
April 15

Also a nice thing that has probably happened, as far as Kunlun kickboxing goes, is that I don't think their MMA events are broadcast on CCTV-5 anymore. They've had a couple MMA fights on the last 2 kickboxing cards and have on the next event also. Probably means they'll be back to holding more kickboxing events and way fever MMA only ones.

So a pretty nice looking tournament and Kunlun maybe back to 2015-2016 levels of kickboxing events.

Last edited:
Oh and IF they're doing a bit more kb and have some extra space from a few less kb tournament brackets, then maybe more space for the other tournaments to be extended a little.

I had never heard of Yohann Drai. Happy to see a fellow French man go through!

Made the quarterfinals in the last Kunlun tournament, lost to Zuev. Set to get fucked up (!) by Vlad Tuinov on Glory 53: Lille :p

Made the quarterfinals in the last Kunlun tournament, lost to Zuev. Set to get fucked up (!) by Vlad Tuinov on Glory 53: Lille :p

Damn that's not gonna be an easy fight for him.

Back