Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Name your country:
United States of America

your branch:
US ARMY

and yourrate (job and rank):
MOS: 63H Track Vehicle Repair

OIFIII Veteran. Got attached to a C.A. unit during Iraq and didnt fix one track vehicle out there...lol... Got to see a lot of the country tho, help people, get shot at, sit in guard towers for hours, sweat my ass off, and all that fun stuff.

Thanks for your service @Jangomike. Are you still in? Did you have a lot of female soldiers in your CA unit?

Thanks for your service @Jangomike. Are you still in? Did you have a lot of female soldiers in your CA unit?

I got out in 2008. There were a handful of females in the CA unit. Very top heavy with Officers, SF, Nurses, Engineers etc.

I thought Rudy and Kocher played themselves in that show though and were acting as advisers the whole time.
Acting as advisers and always getting their say/being right are two different things

'Smoke' in Iraq. Named for taking cigarettes from soldiers, some even lit. He became a mascot and therapy animal for the United States Marine Corps during the 2003 Iraq War. Marine Major John Folsom helped rescue the malnourished Iraqi donkey and built a corral and stable at Camp Taqaddum in Iraq from 2008 to 2009 among the Marines of the 1st Marine Logistics Group who were deployed there. Folsom was able to find a Navy psychologist to designate Smoke as a therapy animal in order to address regulations against keeping the animal on the premises. The donkey became popular with the troops. In 2011, Smoke traveled half way around the world to the United States, the only Donkey to make such a journey. The process to relocate Smoke from Iraq to the United States required senior level diplomatic coordination by multiple countries. Once in the United States, Smoke lived at Take Flight Farms in Omaha, Nebraska until his death in August 2012 of natural causes.

Last edited:
Leave it to Marines to have a jackass for a mascot.

Leave it to Marines to have a jackass for a mascot.

The donkey was saved by one of the NCO's and tied up to the CO's tent. The Marine's mascot is a bulldog - 'Chesty'. He can go all the way up to Sergeant. Equipped with medals. The Army's mascot is a mule.

What kind of magazine does this IDF soldier have in her weapon? Is that two magazines attached together with the second facing out towards the front of the weapon or a safety feature? Strange. Never seen this set up before. How exactly do you hold the weapon to fire? Who can solve the mystery?

@Rozko, @Gregolian, @sub_thug, @usmctanker242
24dkk9e.jpg

What kind of magazine does this IDF soldier have in her weapon? Is that two magazines attached together with the second facing out towards the front of the weapon or a safety feature? Strange. Never seen this set up before. How exactly do you hold the weapon to fire? Who can solve the mystery?

@Rozko, @Gregolian, @sub_thug, @usmctanker242
24dkk9e.jpg
Looks like a quick reload setup for two mags. No idea what the brand is. She could hold the magazine well or the front of the barrel pretty easily still.

Also, would.

Looks like a quick reload setup for two mags. No idea what the brand is. She could hold the magazine well or the front of the barrel pretty easily still.

Also, would.

No matter what the technique is for the magazine change- israeli conscripts are DOGSHIT soldiers. Would though too lol

Horizontal magazine carrier (mako or command arms accessories) seems like its standard for Israeli reserves to use them for safety (empty insert).

Bingo. You get a cigar 'uncommon'. So, she has an 'empty insert' in the magazine slot. She needs to take that out and switch to the 30 round clip. How much time is that going to take? Why not just insert the 30 round clip, lock-and-load, and keep the weapon on safe? Let me guess, being a woman, she will fumble and drop the clip and be shot by the assailant. I think it is overall a real stupid concept. That's why the weapon comes with a 'safety' option. Never seen it before.

Hey, gents. I do not know who actually follows this, but I have finally enrolled myself in group therapy and substance abuse programs at the VA. It may not be much to some, but for those who hate to say that we do "fuck up", its a step. I just wanted to post here because this is obviously a place that can understand. I've struggled for 10 plus years and finally gave up on my pride. Sometimes we need that. I like that we have t his group. Even if no1 follows, I feel "safe". Thanks, gents.

Edit: @Captain Davis thanks for the avenue.

Last edited:
Hey, gents. I do not know who actually follows this, but I have finally enrolled myself in group therapy and substance abuse programs at the VA. It may not be much to some, but for those who hate to say that we do "fuck up", its a step. I just wanted to post here because this is obviously a place that can understand. I've struggled for 10 plus years and finally gave up on my pride. Sometimes we need that. I like that we have t his group. Even if no1 follows, I feel "safe". Thanks, gents.

Glad to hear that you are seeking aid. I swallowed mine last year and have been using the Vet Center for counseling. It isn't as easy road but those first steps are the hardest.

{<redford}
Introduce your self, sir.

Hey, gents. I do not know who actually follows this, but I have finally enrolled myself in group therapy and substance abuse programs at the VA. I've struggled for 10 plus years and finally gave up on my pride.

We all make mistakes. No man is an island. Humility is the best remedy of the wise. Good luck...

Back