Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

The white insecurity in this thread is comically palpable

Last edited:
Fictional hero movies don't deserve threads this long.

I didn't bother watching it. I already know the plot, the evil white man plans to desecrate the majestic African country and ruin the picture perfect kingdom of africa and black panther, his white woman love interest, and nerdy white liberal cuckold side kick have ro stop him.

Are you actually bragging about being ignorant and wrong, or is there another point to it?

This thread has more pages than the mayberry thread.

And they say racism is dead... a movie about an imaginary African country and we have 50 fuckin pages... lol

So is the black panther character based off the black nationalist black panthers group?

edit: I see that the comic book character and the group came out at the same time. Weird. Wonder if there is some sort of connection there.
He is inspired by it of course but its not like the character is himself a black nationalist Black Panther. His story is independent from that which means he's not tied to such a specific historical moment which is why you can make the film in 2018 and it can resonate with audience far removed from the cultural context of the black nationalist group.
Spot making it about race.
Typical, you Canucks just close your eyes and ears to the reality of white cultural genocide and appropriation.

And they say racism is dead... a movie about an imaginary African country and we have 50 fuckin pages... lol
Not everything is racist even when talking about race.

Calm down, breathe, white people don't hate you.

I didn't bother watching it. I already know the plot, the evil white man plans to desecrate the majestic African country and ruin the picture perfect kingdom of africa and black panther, his white woman love interest, and nerdy white liberal cuckold side kick have ro stop him.

That's not at all the plot of the movie.

He echo's the point I made about Blade - but raises an interesting question.

Have we legitimately deteriorated in race-relations since 1998, when Blade was released?

20 years later, a whole new generation, and we're MORE racist? What the fuck happened?

I don't think we're more racist. I think that the conversation is far more open than it used to be. Previously, racists were isolated in their region, the internet has made it possible for them to associate in larger groups independent of physical distance. THe internet also amplifies voice so small groups can be heard by large audiences. The widespread dissemination of information has made it possible for people who feel marginalized to realize that their circumstances are far more common than they thought and that gives them the strength to mobilize against the forces they consider responsible.

What's happened is that we've gone from an environment where one group dictated the conversation to an environment where multiple groups can contribute. When more people have a chance to speak, more issues can get addressed.

I like to think about it like a round table discussion where one person gets to tell everyone how long they get to speak and picks the topics that has changed into a discussion where everyone gets the same amount of time on whatever topic they choose. In the former, the one person can limit how much any given topic comes up. In the latter, they can't. The importance of the topics to the speakers doesn't change, only the ability to be heard.

It showed how great Africa is with a star born in South Carolina.

i am unfamiliar with the movie but i do recall that simpsons referance... lol... good catch. lol
but its hard to deny both of them are pretty clear hamlet inspired stories. no?

It showed how great Africa is with a star born in South Carolina.
The hype and convo. on the movie seems a very American thing. Except for 0.00001% of the people, do Africans even give a shit about this movie and the conversation people are having over here?

I finally got around to watching it. The plot was pretty standard fare for a Marvel movie, the main antagonist could have been fleshed out a little more as there was some real promise there. His name being 'Killmonger' was just god awful. The secondary antagonist Ulysses Klaue/Klaw was comically terrible; undeveloped and one dimensional.

The highlight of the film was the stunning sets and the outstanding work by the art department. They really captured such a unique feel; an african cyberpunk/futuristic setting which was just incredible.

White people "have to find pride" in a 74 year-old man-child with the sensitivity of a pre-pubescent school girl, the temperament of a newborn, and the intellect of a toddler. Also, shitty country music.

Seriously, after white identity in North America culminated in the electing of the single most incompetent and embarrassing figure in American political history, you all can shut the fuck up about black people being happy to finally feel represented in popular culture instead of being portrayed as criminals, derelicts, and lust-crazed tropes.

Yeah like he said, they have to use fantasy to come with some pride. Very sad and disturbing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back