Fairtex Muay Thai gloves

Falconkick

A charming asshole
Yellow Card
Reaction score
My pair are getting pretty rough looking. I wonder if I should go with Fairtex again as I hear they have apparently went down in quality. Can anyone vouch for this?

Any recommendations?

Went down in quality? They've stayed the same for years. Only the odd product they bring out in new lines that aren't perfect straight away.

Never any harm in trying new brands, but Fairtex remain consistent in quality.

My pair are getting pretty rough looking. I wonder if I should go with Fairtex again as I hear they have apparently went down in quality. Can anyone vouch for this?

Any recommendations?

Are you looking for another Thai style glove or a regular boxing cut ??

Are you looking for another Thai style glove or a regular boxing cut ??

Just another Thai style glove that is just basic. Not big into designs flames and lines etc. Just the logo

Went down in quality? They've stayed the same for years. Only the odd product they bring out in new lines that aren't perfect straight away.

Never any harm in trying new brands, but Fairtex remain consistent in quality.
Yes I has heard they cheaped out and are making synthetic leather gloves that are a waste of money and apparently have a lot of people switching to Twins and I want to remain a Fairtex guy

Just another Thai style glove that is just basic. Not big into designs flames and lines etc. Just the logo

I'm not really into Thai style gloves although I do practice Thai Boxing.

I say get some non flashy Raja's and report back !!

mt0000000292-501.jpg

Good luck finding some non Flashy ones though. As Raja is mostly all about flash. But I like traditional logo above.

<Dana05> .

Yes I has heard they cheaped out and are making synthetic leather gloves that are a waste of money and apparently have a lot of people switching to Twins and I want to remain a Fairtex guy

Your talking about the Skyntex or microfiber gloves ( or whatever). Those are some of their new models but most of their line is all leather.

As @dembones22 said the majority of their lines are still genuine leather. Only a few of their lines are microfibre and they aren't selling well.

I love my 14oz Fairtex microfiber BGV11's, I always hated synthetics, but these perform well alongside my leather Sabas and are holding up better, seem to be a very high quality synthetic. The syntek leather shows no wear, while the knuckle leather on both pairs of Sabas is breaking down after less than 6 months. They have decent ventilation, very comfortable, good padding, liner isn't loose like some other gloves, etc. Anyway, I like them and would recommend them, and plan on buying another pair myself.

I just ordered a pair of Boon brown 16oz lace ups from Title today, <$50 shipped, hoping they are as good as lots of folks say.

I love my 14oz Fairtex microfiber BGV11's, I always hated synthetics, but these perform well alongside my leather Sabas and are holding up better, seem to be a very high quality synthetic. The syntek leather shows no wear, while the knuckle leather on both pairs of Sabas is breaking down after less than 6 months. They have decent ventilation, very comfortable, good padding, liner isn't loose like some other gloves, etc. Anyway, I like them and would recommend them, and plan on buying another pair myself.

I just ordered a pair of Boon brown 16oz lace ups from Title today, <$50 shipped, hoping they are as good as lots of folks say.

You're probably the only person I know who has ever liked the synthetic gloves.

I am as surprised as anyone, I always hated synthetics, but then again i had never seen a decent synthetic glove before, just the cheap everlast and revgear stuff that cracked and ripped in a couple weeks. This is way better, softer, more durable, than those gloves.

I intentionally only use synthetic gloves (for reasons I won't go into here) and I often like the higher-end ones on the market. In particular, Rival's higher-end synthetic gloves tend to be pretty good.

I've got a custom set of synthetic Winning MS-600 on the way from Japan. Apparently not the first pair Winning's ever made. Winning uses the same synthetic material for them as it uses for stock FG head gear. But I've never read anything about their performance, so it's just wait-and-see at the moment.

I intentionally only use synthetic gloves (for reasons I won't go into here) and I often like the higher-end ones on the market. In particular, Rival's higher-end synthetic gloves tend to be pretty good.

I've got a custom set of synthetic Winning MS-600 on the way from Japan. Apparently not the first pair Winning's ever made. Winning uses the same synthetic material for them as it uses for stock FG head gear. But I've never read anything about their performance, so it's just wait-and-see at the moment.

I was speaking of Fairtex only. I know otherbrands have models people like but Fairtex's models have usually been crap.

I was speaking of Fairtex only. I know otherbrands have models people like but Fairtex's models have usually been crap.

Ah, no worries. I've actually never used any of Fairtex's synthetic gloves. But I've heard mixed opinions.

I love my Fairtex BGV1 gloves.. I did a quick review on them last year.

Last edited:
I have used/tried just about all brands. I have purchased twins, topking, boon bag gloves.

I have some topking bag gloves, they really are no comparison to the boon bag gloves. I have never used their regular gloves only seen them.

I dont like fairtex.

I like twins and topking.

anyone of the major thai brands will be fine in the long run.

Back