NFL Discussion v78: A match made in Heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Denver drafts Mayfield. I honestly think he is a bust. I know people are high on him; the games I watched it looked like he was playing against air.

People can (rightfully) mock Orlando Brown's combine performance, but the dude gave up zero sacks last year protecting Mayfield.

Maybe he will become the next Brees; I look at him as an excellent college QB that will struggle in the NFL because of his size/subpar athleticism and a lot closer to Chase Daniel...a rich man's Chase Daniel.

Thats not even touching his Jim McMahon persona. Lol

Last edited:
I mean, if they tagged me...and had to pay me for a year at the average of the top 5 salaries at my position...then I could go look again, and if they tagged me again it'd be even more money and I could go look for another job again a year later? I'd do it.

Lol the big difference being, i'm not likely to get injured and not be able to perform my task and thus not get paid shit for the rest of my life
Point made.

Really wouldn't care if they drafted a QB as well. Signing him like he's any kind of long term solution would truly suck.
Be hilarious*

hochustrong1.gif

rip in peace

glad two of the worst referees are retiring

Ill again ask, do you follow this thought with your own career?

Should your employer be able to franchise tag you so you cant take a better offer somewhere else?

If I signed with a company and it was in the contract that they could add a year to the contract by paying me 20% more, I certainly would. Nobody is forced to play in the NFL. Bell could have gone elsewhere to play football or do something else but nothing that would have paid as much as the 4 million he got in his rookie deal. Every player knows what the CBA contract is. He couldn't make the $16 million he has so far plus the $14.5 million he will make if he signs the tender doing anything else. He can refuse to sign and sit out a year. Maybe he gets a big enough contract to cover losing $14.5 million by not playing this year.

I turned down 3 times the money to stay at a job, partly out of loyalty to the owner who hired me when I needed a job and treated me very well. The other part was I would have had to leave the country at a time when my parents were having some medical issues. I would have loved to play in the NFL but I had a knee injury that prevented it. It didn't pay very much back then but I loved the game.

If I was 26 and had half of the $16 million that he's made from the NFL salaries, I would just retire if I thought I wasn't being treated fairly. Most people won't make that in a lifetime. Why take the risk of brain damage?

So essentially not comparable at all.

Yeah, hopefully guys like Sherman can get them organized this go around so they get some results that they deserve.

You got middling baseball players destroying elite NFL players in terms of contract salary. It really is absurd.

They should play baseball then. Less chance of serious injury. Of course there are half as many MLB players and they play 10 times as many games.

there is no comparison between the nfl and real world jobs.

The franchise tag needs to go away though. A team tags you and you have zero choice but to sign or sit.

No franchise tag for Allen Robinson.

Lets fucking go Reggie.

there is no comparison between the nfl and real world jobs.

The franchise tag needs to go away though. A team tags you and you have zero choice but to sign or sit.
One franchise tag should be the limit

Hope Denver drafts Mayfield. I honestly think he is a bust. I know people are high on him; the games I watched it looked like he was playing against air.

People can (rightfully) mock Orlando Brown's combine performance, but the dude gave up zero sacks last year protecting Mayfield.

Maybe he will become the next Brees; I look at him as an excellent college QB that will struggle in the NFL because of his size/subpar athleticism and a lot closer to Chase Daniel...a rich man's Chase Daniel.

Thats not even touching his Jim McMahon persona. Lol
Skeetz, you also said he shrunk against Georgia when it was clearly the awful play calling in OT. I think someone like Mayfield threatens your "aw shucks" midwestern sensibilities so badly that all you can do is look for ways to descredit him.

In short,

7dbcc0b83a269bb2325460098b0afdf8

Franchise tag for Joyner, not Watkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back