2018 NFL Draft Discussion

No hes not but alright.

Wrong. You couldn't be missing the mark any more on this Barkley thing.
Stop speaking like theres some quantitive and objective fact that make your opinion right and mine wrong lol.

Stop speaking like theres some quantitive and objective fact that make your opinion right and mine wrong lol.
Honestly, I think the RB thing is pretty clear. It's still an opinion, but just look at history and data and it's a pretty damn strong case. I'm waiting for you to provide something that qualifies taking Barkley at #1 as a good choice, other then "He's the best player in the draft".

Nelson is possibly one of the best guard prospects of all time, not sure who would rate higher then him this generation. AP was a better prospect then Barkley IMO.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think the RB thing is pretty clear. It's still and opinion, but just look at history and data and it's a pretty damn strong case. I'm waiting for you to provide something that qualifies taking Barkley at #1 as a good choice, other then "He's the best player in the draft".

Nelson is possibly one of the best guard prospects of all time, not sure who would rate higher then him this generation. AP was a better prospect then Barkley IMO.
Best player available is smarter than drafting on needs.

Except AP cant even sniff Barkley as a pass catcher but ok.

Sounds like you just underrate Barkley tbh.

-Position matters PUO3, the greatest punter of all time is going to have less value to a team without a QB then an average QB is. By a pretty damn wide margin.
- Seriously lol, did you think the Bucs made a good pick went they moved into the 2nd round for a kicker?
-RB as a position probably depends on the team more then any other position in football. Todd Gurley when from a "can" to getting MVP votes.
-Alfred Morris averaged more YPC then Zeke this year. Yeldon average more YPC then Fournette. The Jags rushed for more YPG in the 3 games that Fournette missed (went 3-0) then the 13 games he played. Obviously Zeke, etc are better players, but the position is way more dependent on team.
-Do you want to compare QBs vs Rbs taken in the same draft top 5? RBs taken in the top 10? RBs taken in the 1st round? Over the last 15 years.

-Position matters PUO3, the greatest punter of all time is going to have less value to a team without a QB then an average QB is. By a pretty damn wide margin.
- Seriously lol, did you think the Bucs made a good pick went they moved into the 2nd round for a kicker?
-RB as a position probably depends on the team more then any other position in football. Todd Gurley when from a "can" to getting MVP votes.
-Alfred Morris averaged more YPC then Zeke this year. Yeldon average more YPC then Fournette. The Jags rushed for more YPG in the 3 games that Fournette missed (went 3-0) then the 13 games he played. Obviously Zeke, etc are better players, but the position is way more dependent on team.
-Do you want to compare QBs vs Rbs taken in the same draft top 5? RBs taken in the top 10? RBs taken in the 1st round? Over the last 15 years.
Punter is so comparable to the position that handles the ball hilariously more times than anyone else. Strong argument.

Elite backs are invaluable.

Hypothetically, if Jacksonville or New Orleans had the first pick this year, you think they should take Barkley?

Punter is so comparable to the position that handles the ball hilariously more times than anyone else. Strong argument.

Elite backs are invaluable.
Exactly the point. You are comparing Freeman / AP / Bell to Tom Brady / Aaron Rodgers / Brees. You are finally getting it.

Exactly the point. You are comparing Freeman / AP / Bell to Tom Brady / Aaron Rodgers / Brees. You are finally getting it.
Which QB do you think is that level?

Exaxtly the point. Youre finally getting it.

Hypothetically, if Jacksonville or New Orleans had the first pick this year, you think they should take Barkley?
I think they should trade back.

Shit I want this guy in Denver. Only way I see it happening though is signing Cousins.

Browns gotta get Darnold, whether it's at #1 or later. With Allen's rawness and Rosen's supposed leadership concerns, both seem certain to bust in that dumpster fire of an organization.

Also, Gurley was a way better prospect than Barkley, injury concerns notwithstanding.

Baker Mayfield already stated he thinks he can turn Cleveland into something not the biggest loser in NFL history. They may as well draft him. By the way, how many number 1 pics is that for Cleveland since well Jim Brown?

Baker Mayfield already stated he thinks he can turn Cleveland into something not the biggest loser in NFL history. They may as well draft him. By the way, how many number 1 pics is that for Cleveland since well Jim Brown?
I've lost count.

Really curious where this guy goes:

Browns gotta get Darnold, whether it's at #1 or later. With Allen's rawness and Rosen's supposed leadership concerns, both seem certain to bust in that dumpster fire of an organization.

Also, Gurley was a way better prospect than Barkley, injury concerns notwithstanding.
I dont get the Rosen love at all. Small arm, injury prone, and the coaching issues.

No thanks.

Jacksonville? They need a QB. They would go Darnold/Rosen/Allen, most likely.

Back