Thai shorts sizing problems

Spinks90

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi,

I know this has been mentioned in similar threads but I'm still struggling and puzzled.

I'm 34" in waist in jeans and I'm 5"9 and weighting at 84 kgs.

I originally bought these Top King about 3 years ago in XL:
kng-tktbs-095_1_1.jpg
These were perfect but getting bit wore, so I decided to get some new ones.

So, I bought another Top King XL pair on eBay that are following ones:
TB.jpg
These didn't fit it's just when blocking it the inner leg length of the shorts is pulling you back from been able to block an high body kick. Just feels pulling too much and makes it very uncomfortable and awkward. I got the same behaviour in the Twins XL shorts too.
TB1.jpg

My brother went to Thailand and bought me and XXL Twins back and they are rebrand for Esteem written on front but all rest of it is Twins and they are so big they are like a dress! I went to FightCo to ask for some advise on shorts as they seem like a good seller in UK and they wasn't helpful at all and didn't have any Top King and only an pair of XL Twins I could try on.

I've originally since that asked to test the size on my old shorts from my friend and they seem perfectly fine. It seems like inner leg is little larger.

I appreciate you reading this long message and would appreciate any advise as I'm totally confused right now. Thanks for reading.

You might just need shorts with a bigger slit in the side.

what happens when you roll them up lol.. does this alleviate the situation?

i like my shorts to be short and not bind anywhere so i can kick freely. I used to be sold on having shorts that fit perfectly but if anything I rather have them larger. A larger pair of shorts can just be folded over if they are too big, they have a larger leg opening too, and if it has a slit on the side all the better. So basically, just start grabbing XXL and your prob should be solved.

You might just need shorts with a bigger slit in the side.
Top shorts are XL and bottom are an XXL. Massive difference in the slit size. But yeah, it's just finding the right ones. I live in small town and there isn't any local shops that sell thai boxing gear to see all size differences etc and people don't stay on the slit size. Thanks for the reply.
20180308_101859_.jpg

what happens when you roll them up lol.. does this alleviate the situation?
Nope, I did give that a try already. Thanks for trying though. :-(

i like my shorts to be short and not bind anywhere so i can kick freely. I used to be sold on having shorts that fit perfectly but if anything I rather have them larger. A larger pair of shorts can just be folded over if they are too big, they have a larger leg opening too, and if it has a slit on the side all the better. So basically, just start grabbing XXL and your prob should be solved.
Yeah, I'll just grab an XXL, it's best to be bigger size that actually don't constrict my leg movements and then just rolling them up. Thanks for your help.

Back