Favorite Dropkick Murphys song

What is your favorite Dropkick Murphys album?

• Do or Die (1998)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Gang's All Here (1999)

• Sing Loud, Sing Proud (2001)

• Blackout (2003)

• The Warrior's Code (2005)

• The Meanest of Times (2007)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Going Out in Style (2011)

• Signed and Sealed in Blood (2013)

• 11 Short Stories of Pain & Glory (2017)

• Total voters

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The Dropkick Murphys started out as an underground punk rock band, but they have managed to creep into the mainstream by having their music played in feature films. They have a ton of great songs.

These two are my favorites, from the first singer.

Sidenote, when I saw Flogging Molly on New Years weekend they announced a late summer/early fall US tour with Dropkick Murphy's . I can't wait for the dates to be released!

Sidenote, when I saw Flogging Molly on New Years weekend they announced a late summer/early fall US tour with Dropkick Murphy's . I can't wait for the dates to be released!

I have seen DKM play live like 4 or 5 times (the first time in 2004 and the last time in 2013), so I don't really go to their shows anymore. But, one of my top five shows of all time was DKM in the summer of 2009 for their Meanest of Times tour. Meanest of Times is my favorite DKM album.

I first saw them open up for the sex pistols 15 years ago. Immediate fan.

Last edited:
Both great songs, but I think Al Barr was a better fit for DKM than Mike McColgan.
There's several of Mike's songs that I truly love. What do you think of his current band?

Last edited:
Fields of Athenry

There's sever of Mike's songs that I truly love. What do you think of his current band?

That is the first time I have ever heard it. It's alright but doesn't hold a candle to DKM.

Last edited:
Shipping Up to Boston is alright....but I couldn't ever get in to these guys, Flogging Molly too. Always thought it seemed a bit cheesy...

The Dirty Glass or Bastards on Parade.

I love DKM.

Fairmont Hill is great too.

The Dirty Glass is definitely one of their better songs.

Great bar/drinking song. And thanks for posting the video, I'm fairly lazy when posting from my phone.

With McColgan

"I went north to see the Stiff Little fingers play . . . Jake is the punkest dude I do declare . . . We fall down. SO GET UP NOW!"

I saw them with Rancid on the Boston to Berkley tour

Flew out to Vancouver to see them, slept for a few hours, drove down to Seattle to see the tour again the next night.

I'm more of a Rancid fan but DKM are pretty fucking badass.

Never Alone. Sadly, the one time I saw these guys live (great concert) they neglected to play it.

Back