Progressive Rock/Metal, Power and Traditional Metal Thread

Liked this more on the re-listen than when I first saw it in my news-feed. Still not super keen on the part starting at 4:10, but it might grow on me with more listens. Long live the grandfathers of alt-prog:

Good old Japanese Metal lol.

Being half Japanese I did listen to a bunch of them back in the day.

For their timeframe, you would probably like the band Loudness too.

But the best Japanese Metal band for me will always be X, or X-Japan

I've listened to some of Loudness' material, but none of it has struck a chord with me the way Anthem's work with Chris Tsangarides(RIP) did.

I've been aware of X-Japan for years, but haven't actually listened to much of their material. Would you say "Art of Life" is a good place to start?

Liked this more on the re-listen than when I first saw it in my news-feed. Still not super keen on the part starting at 4:10, but it might grow on me with more listens. Long live the grandfathers of alt-prog:

I've listened to some of Loudness' material, but none of it has struck a chord with me the way Anthem's work with Chris Tsangarides(RIP) did.

I've been aware of X-Japan for years, but haven't actually listened to much of their material. Would you say "Art of Life" is a good place to start?

I love art of life, but unless you like 30 minute songs....lol. I can post a few other shorter goodies for ya.
I usually have a hard time selling friends on them because most of their songs are in japanese.

Skipped from the first page to the last. That use spoilers please request didn't last.

Jordan Rudess playing breaking all illusions thru the Live at Luna park backing track!

What would you do if some one knocks on your door then realize its Petrucci himself? damn!

been listening to alot of polyphia latley.. not exactly "metal" but god damn they got some groove.

Van Halen - You Really Got Me

TrollFace.jpg

This is a live version though, sounds so raw and better than studio.

Back