Sticking to a diet ...

Davem10

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I believe the first step is to destroy the sugar addiction, this is the hardest step

I'm going to try to live on a soylent type drink for 3 weeks to rid myself of addiction

The second step I believe is to reward yourself, say every week or so

Anyone managed to kick a sugar addiction and what type of rewards do you give to yourself to keep yourself on track with a diet. I'm legit thinking hookers

I've done the only drinking protein shake think for like a month. Lost a decent amount of weight but I can't say it helped with my desire to eat less sugar. It also was not very fun.

Crash diets can be useful in certain contexts but to be honest, they have had zero effect on my normal diet. Choosing a way of eating that you can live with is a much more viable option.

When I first moved to the US i started drinking sodas more and more til I was fucking disgusted with myself. That shit gets addictive.

In the end I just drank a fuck ton of water all day for about 2 weeks (if you're full of fluids the last thing you crave is a sugary drink). You will piss like a racehorse at first. Now I have like one can of pepsi a week at most.

I believe the first step is to destroy the sugar addiction, this is the hardest step

I'm going to try to live on a soylent type drink for 3 weeks to rid myself of addiction

Anyone managed to kick a sugar addiction and what type of rewards do you give to yourself to keep yourself on track with a diet. I'm legit thinking hookers

Apparently there is a bacteria in the gut that only feeds on simple sugars (monosaccarides). When you cut out sugar that bacteria secrets a neurotransmitter that crosses the blood brain barrier and tells your brain to eat sugar. Clearly it's not easy.

I used to eat a shit tonne of sweets when I was a competitive athlete - I literally lived off desserts from a bakery next door to where I was living when I was broke and racing in the Netherlands. Needless to say I have a sweet tooth.

The only thing that has worked for me is to not eat any desserts at night and no sugary drinks except sport drinks when doing long runs or rides. just don't buy any desserts, don't keep sugar at home, don't eat the donuts someone brings into the office. It's going to brutal for 5 to 6 weeks but you get there if you can gut it out (pardon the pun).

The toughest thing IMO is snacking. It's very hard to find snacks that don't have a bunch of sugar or are mostly carbs.

good luck and keep posting ITT. I'm pretty sure everyone will provide non-stop encouragement.

Starting a 2 year diet today called "Specific Carb Diet" or "SCD" its pretty similar to Paleo.
My reason is more so to heal my colitis thats been raging for over a month now. Good luck to you and be strong.
The rewards of health (body and mind) and looking good is worth it! ;)

Cheat days will just set you back and make you crave them. I think it requires a complete lifestyle change.

I have a sweet tooth and even though I wasn't fat, I would find myself going for sweets like Sour Patch candy or something chocolate after dinner. I knew that had to stop.

I'm currently doing keto and while I didn't have much weight to lose, I've lost a ton. I haven't had a single non-vegetable carb, piece of candy, sugar, etc. for 2 months now. I thought it would be tough but it really hasn't been. You can still eat really good on keto and while I do miss candy, I don't miss bread, pasta or anything like that. It almost seems gross to me now.

I do have the pretty frequent diet soda which cures the sugar itch but I eventually want to ditch those too. My advice is don't reward yourself. Look at food as a fuel source and not entertainment.

It seems everyone is focussed on the non important things like diet rather than what mattered in your post...

"I'm legit thinking hookers"

Yes, bang some ho's. Always a good choice in virtually all situations. <Goldie11>

Totally forgot i made this thread

My diet is going great !

The best its ever gone

I put it down to stopping cardio to be honest. I used to smash cardio because i boxed, always cardio. I was always hungry

Now ive decided to add muscle, ive stopped the cardio, started lifting weights regularly and my diet is spot on.

I havent ate shit once. Im so determined to get a fantastic body

Im going to upload a picture tomorrow of my current state so i can post a transformation picture in 3 or 4 months time

But yeah, very happy with how things are going

It seems everyone is focussed on the non important things like diet rather than what mattered in your post...

"I'm legit thinking hookers"

Yes, bang some ho's. Always a good choice in virtually all situations. <Goldie11>

Ha

Duno why i even wrote that

I was a weak minded bitch then, needing rewards to eat healthy pfffft

I used to do the free day reward shit....no more.

I just recently decided to make a life transformation. Stopped drinking, eat clean, no carbs after 3pm(i wake at 445 and sleep around 10-1030)

No chocolates or candies....no junk in general. Lots of protein, lots of fruit & veggies, lots of h20.

Work out 7 days a week.....sat n sun is just cardio though.

I feel amazing. My mind feels refreshed, polished....my body feels great....it takes a lot to get me tired. Main thing is the mental game. Will power. If you have a strong enough will, you can do anything.

Totally forgot i made this thread

My diet is going great !

The best its ever gone

I put it down to stopping cardio to be honest. I used to smash cardio because i boxed, always cardio. I was always hungry

Now ive decided to add muscle, ive stopped the cardio, started lifting weights regularly and my diet is spot on.

I havent ate shit once. Im so determined to get a fantastic body

Im going to upload a picture tomorrow of my current state so i can post a transformation picture in 3 or 4 months time

But yeah, very happy with how things are going
Where are the pics?

Where are the pics?

Totally forgot about this

I will do some on Monday when I'm off

Just to update on this I went on a 3 day wild man food binge probably done around 15k calories in for legitimately no reason

I'm back on track no anyway

Will get pics up asap

I think that any important self-improvement initiative should be executed gradually.

That is, going from x grams of sugar per day to x-1 the next day, and then x-2 afterward, and so on.

Lol I took photos and I look like such a sack of shit

I have no muscle definition atall when I'm relaxed

When I'm tensed you can see some though

The first two pictures were took 2 minutes before the third

Mad what tensing up can do

I need so so so much work though. I have a big gut to lose and love handles and I need to add like 15 pounds of muscle

Snapchat-641602228.jpg

20180307_030440.jpg Snapchat-1980824909.jpg

Last edited:
Lol I took photos and I look like such a sack of shit

I have no muscle definition atall when I'm relaxed

When I'm tensed you can see some though

The first two pictures were took 2 minutes before the third

Mad what tensing up can do

I need so so so much work though. I have a big gut to lose and love handles and I need to add like 15 pounds of muscle

View attachment 352071

View attachment 352073 View attachment 352075

No words can describe the trouble you have......

You need to get on the cockroach diet to fix that sub human skinny fat shit.....if your poor.......otherwise it's going to have to be hot cow protein every night........

I actually have plenty of money

Thanks for the bluntness though regarding my physique

I shall update with photos every 2 weeks to show my progress

I rekon I can be looking good in 20 weeks

I shall tag you in every time I upload a photo so I can get an honest opinion

I actually have plenty of money

Thanks for the bluntness though regarding my physique

I shall update with photos every 2 weeks to show my progress

I rekon I can be looking good in 20 weeks

I shall tag you in every time I upload a photo so I can get an honest opinion

Steak night it is..........maybe some fish on a Friday......

Back