Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full Trailer for Netflix's New Sci-Fi Series LOST IN SPACE

First Teaser Trailer for LUKE CAGE Season 2, Premiering June 22 on Netflix

Jack Quaid Cast in Lead Role as Hughie in Amazon's Superhero Series THE BOYS

GdFoOzW.jpg

Jack Quaid (The Hunger Games) is set as a lead in Amazon’s straight-to-series drama The Boys, from Supernatural creator and Timeless co-creator Eric Kripke, Preacher‘s Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen and Sony Pictures TV.

Written by Kripke based on the comic book by Garth Ennis (Preacher) & Darick Robertson and directed by Goldberg & Rogen, The Boys is set in a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame. It revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as “the boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty.

Quaid will play Hughie. After the death of his girlfriend by fast-moving Superhero A-Train (Jessie Usher), Hughie is approached by a mysterious “government agent” named Billy Butcher, who drags Hughie into a covert war against a group of Superheroes who are not what everyone thinks they are.

Laz Alonso (The Mysteries of Laura) has also been cast in the The Boys. Alonso will play Mother’s Milk. Second in command of the Boys, he’s is a great detective, highly intelligent and observant and an intuitive investigator.

Alonso will join Antony Starr (American Gothic), Dominique McElligott (The Last Tycoon), Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl), Jessie T. Usher (Survivor’s Remorse), Nathan Mitchell (iZombie) and Erin Moriarity (Jessica Jones) in the series.

Quaid, son of Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan, made his screen debut in The Hunger Games and its followup, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. In TV, he co-starred on the HBO drama Vinyl. Quaid will next be seen in the Dwayne Johnson monster pic Rampage.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/the-boys-jack-quaid-cast-amazon-superhero-series-1202312390/

Jaysus. If they do The Boys properly, it'll be fucking brutal.

Don't hold your breathe.
Preacher links I like, Supernatural I'm not so sure about. Never watched it, but it seems more the sort of thing my sister would like. Then again, I do watch all the CW DC shows, so...

Preacher links I like, Supernatural I'm not so sure about. Never watched it, but it seems more the sort of thing my sister would like. Then again, I do watch all the CW DC shows, so...

Never watched Supernatural?

It was pretty good.

The first five seasons were largely monster of the week, but there was a bigger picture arc and it was excellent.

It ended, as planned, at the end of season five.

The show was still very popular so it kept going, and I still watch and enjoy it, but those first five seasons were really great.

This season the budget seems to have been pared down to nothing, though.

So you liked Preacher? For me it was a 6/10. I had high hopes for it as the books and Ennis where my favorite but it didn't have the teeth I hoped, with the exception of the Saint.

Finished the 2nd half of THE TICK season one. Last few episodes were great. It was very epic-ish. Glad they finally resolved the origins or purpose for Arthur's suit.

Awesome musical episode of THE MAGICIANS. Season 3 has been consistently great from the first episode to the current one (ninth). Glad to see Julia getting some love and upgrade. I guess this is to make up for the crappy misfortune she had in season one.

Jon Favreau to Write and Produce Live-Action STAR WARS TV Series

Jon Favreau is set to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series, Disney announced Thursday.

"I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” Kathleen Kennedy, Lucasfilm president said in a statement. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ce-write-live-action-star-wars-series-1093023

Trailer for SANTA CLARITA DIET Season 2, Returns March 23 on Netflix

Trailer for THE HANDMAID'S TALE Season 2, Premieres April 25 on Hulu

Looks trash but i'm desperate right now, plus all episodes are available to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back