The Russian Propaganda Campaign

Because some people were spamming the report button on him and the mods got tired of the whining

More like, because he got nabbed for repeatedly spamming larger gifs of a gif, he already personally got banned from this forum, for spamming.

No special council needed on that shit.

*counsel

*off topic trash

*Beelzebub has a vid of me jerking off to Queen...to QUEE-ee-een...to QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

Because some people were spamming the report button on him and the mods got tired of the whining

Publicly available usage stats on the report function. This is what I demand. If you're going to report a lot of posts, it should be nominally reflected.

*counsel

*off topic trash

*Beelzebub has a vid of me jerking off to Queen...to QUEE-ee-een...to QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

*Fuck you

*Posted in off topic trash thread

*Pics or GTFO.

More like, because he got nabbed for repeatedly spamming larger gifs of a gif, he already personally got banned from this forum, for spamming.

No special council needed on that shit.
Let's just say I know of what I speak and clearly you don't

Whatever you do speak, you speak it with @HomerThompson's cock firmly in your mouth.
1/10 , you got no game lol

images

I've long been fascinated by the news industry, in particular the broadcast news industry. And recently I've been looking into 24x7 news services that you can stream without a cable/satellite subscription. Of course we all know about Fox, CNN and MSNBC but I was curious about what options are out there for cord cutters.

I ran across this network called RT, aka Russia Today.

RT (formerly Russia Today) is a Russian international television network funded by the Russian government. It operates cable and satellite television channels directed to audiences outside of Russia, as well as providing Internet content in various languages, including English, Spanish and Russian.

RT International, based in Moscow, presents around-the-clock news bulletins, documentaries, talk shows, debates, sports news, and cultural programmes that it says provide "a Russian viewpoint on major global events". RT operates as a multilingual service with conventional channels in three languages: the original English-language channel was launched in 2005, the Arabic-language channel in 2007, and the Spanish-language channel in 2009. RT America (since 2010), and RT UK (since 2014) offer some locally based content for those countries. It was announced that in December 2017, a French-language channel will be launched.

RT is a brand of "TV-Novosti", an "autonomous non-profit organization", founded by the Russian news agency, RIA Novosti, on 6 April 2005. During the economic crisis in December 2008, the Russian government, headed by Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, included ANO "TV-Novosti" on its list of core organizations of strategic importance of Russia.

RT has been frequently described as a propaganda outlet for the Russian government and its foreign policy. RT has also been accused of spreading disinformation by news reporters, including some former RT reporters. The United Kingdom media regulator, Ofcom, has repeatedly found RT to have breached rules on impartiality and of broadcasting "materially misleading" content. On 13 November 2017, RT America officially registered as a "foreign agent" with the United States Department of Justice under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. Under the act, RT will be required to disclose financial information.

There's a lot to unpack there, and there are a lot of opinions swirling around the Internet about RT. Some people appreciate the fact that RT provides an alternative perspective to their national news organizations and reports on things that Western media outlets often ignore. Others just see it as a pure propaganda arm of the Kremlin and say that RT has been caught red-handed in outright lies so many times that they cannot he trusted at all.

RT America is produced in the US and Liz Wahl famously resigned on air because of editorial censorship:

Believe it or not, however, Larry King produces two shows that air on RT. Jesse Ventura also has a show called The World According to Jesse.

You can stream both RT and RT America from their website:

https://www.rt.com/on-air/

There's also a Roku app.

Anyone else familiar with the network? Thoughts on it? I've been watching it, but very cautiously. If a story catches my eye then I try to validate it with another source.

propaganda channel, mouth piece of the kremlin.
of course they'll try to have some real news on it to try and gain some legitimacy, but it's still a propaganda channel.

You know my stance on it @shadow_priest_x . I'll just say, there is no such thing as legit news. They will all tell you some stuff that is true but they all use manipulation and subterfuge to mold public opinion.

propaganda channel, mouth piece of the kremlin.
of course they'll try to have some real news on it to try and gain some legitimacy, but it's still a propaganda channel.

They are all propaganda channels lol. Fox news, CNN, MSNBC, whatever, they are all propaganda channels.

Kremlin propaganda, but at least we know what it's shilling for.

Fox, CNN and MSNBC all spin their narrative.

Kremlin propaganda, but at least we know what it's shilling for.

Fox, CNN and MSNBC all spin their narrative.

As we saw in the last election cycle, they sometimes do more than spin their narrative. Wikileaks proved that something like 14 different news outlets colluded to help get Hillary Clinton elected. The media used to at least watch dog a little bit now they are practically an arm of the government.

They are all propaganda channels lol. Fox news, CNN, MSNBC, whatever, they are all propaganda channels.

Like I said, I got a longer reply coming, but just for the sake of this public discussion, let me ask you: Where do you get your news?

If your attitude is that "they are all propaganda channels," then how do you stay informed? You can't be in all places at all times, so how do keep aware of what's going on in the world?

Back