The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall I think DBS squandered so many great foundations.

I personally really loved the idea of Vegeta and Goku mastering two different sides of UI, and them learning to coordinate their attacks together as a team instead of just fusing. To me that is very interesting and would have also technically made Jiren the strongest mortal as it would take two of them to defeat him.

Oh well.

Im not reading no damn spoilers but I thought that was where they were going with it but I still think Goku alone mastering it is much better. Goku is the talented one when it comes to new forms and its been mentioned before that Vegeta is more cerebral than Goku, so UI would be much more difficult to attain. Having Vegeta mastering it before Beerus and the other Gods wouldve been weak.

next db series will be dragon ball ultra. everyone will be trying to attain ultra instinct. and then goku will unlock mega instinct.

next db series will be dragon ball ultra. everyone will be trying to attain ultra instinct. and then goku will unlock mega instinct.

After that he will achieve Ultimate Instinct!

After that he will achieve Ultimate Instinct!

Only after getting whopped by two girls who got a tingly back and unlocked Mega Instinct.

I think Ultra Instinct is one of the best concepts of the franchise. Too long, the fights in this franchise have just been clash after clash after clash, leading to beam struggles.

It's great to see dodging finally being utilized more. The way he dodges looks cool and let's be honest. Countering (like counter-punching in MMA) is a very exciting style of fighting to watch as long as it's not Machida

No.. it should be Dragon Ball: Saiyans

Didn't you hear Vegeta dissing Belmod? The show have been about Saiyans ever since after Frieza Saga. Vegeta rant last Epi basically told fans what we known for years directly from the writers mouth/pen. None of the Z fighters is really relevant anymore. They could have do so much with Piccolo but they simply stopped at Super Namekian.

But I'm okay with that after the introduction of the multiverse. We need more characters outside of U7.
Expand on Hit. Expand on Jiren.

Didn't you hear Vegeta dissing Belmod? The show have been about Saiyans ever since after Frieza Saga. Vegeta rant last Epi basically told fans what we known for years directly from the writers mouth/pen. None of the Z fighters is really relevant anymore. They could have do so much with Piccolo but they simply stopped at Super Namekian.

But I'm okay with that after the introduction of the multiverse. We need more characters outside of U7.
Well the only important Saiyans are Goku, Vegeta, Kale and Caulifla.

It's obvious now that Gohan is never going to do anything interesting again. Future Trunks won't come back, little Trunks is just comic relief, Goten is almost non-existent and Cabba seems to be there just to further Vegeta's character development.

Super has had 5 arcs and not once did Gohan progress, power-wise from where he was at the end of the Buu saga. Cabba's "big finish" is SSJ2.

Expand on Jiren

I feel like Jiren was a better character when he was mysterious imo. The strongest dude in the universes, we had no clue how powerful he was, his motives etc. Compounded on to the fact that he didnt say much meant every little thing he said peeled just a little bit of the onion that is Jiren. But then they turned it into the generic little boy watched his parent get killed by the baad guy, now he promised he'd kill im by getting stronger etc and turned him into a blabber mouth.

Remember how cool Jiren was early on, and how we're indifferent right now?

I think its why Hit is so good aswell because we dont have that backstory and we're learning more about him as the arc unfolds.

Trunks gets a cool new form
Vegeta gets a cool new form
Goku gets a cool new form

Meanwhile Gohan.....<2>

The problem is most of the Z Fighters just suck.

The team needs a complete overhaul. Gohan,Krillin,Yamcha,Tien all need to be fired

Piccolo is badass so he stays but everyone else is scrub level imo

The problem is most of the Z Fighters just suck.

The team needs a complete overhaul. Gohan,Krillin,Yamcha,Tien all need to be fired

Piccolo is badass so he stays but everyone else is scrub level imo
do you know what was stupid? in the universe 6 arc when Piccolo fought Frost he was shook and everyone was expecting him to lose. So he resorted to using fighting tactics and strategy, but I'm pretty sure Frost is only as strong as Freeza was in his arc of DBZ. Piccolo was strong as hell in the android saga, the strongest z fighter at one point. He shouldve kicked Frosts ass.

do you know what was stupid? in the universe 6 arc when Piccolo fought Frost he was shook and everyone was expecting him to lose. So he resorted to using fighting tactics and strategy, but I'm pretty sure Frost is only as strong as Freeza was in his arc of DBZ. Piccolo was strong as hell in the android saga, the strongest z fighter at one point. He shouldve kicked Frosts ass.
That always bothered me as well.

SSJ Goku toyed with 100% Frieza on Namek. Then the androids made SSJ looks like amateur hour. Then Piccolo fights on par with Android 17.

Super is probably around 10 years after the Cell saga and Piccolo never stops training, yet goes into panic mode against Frost? Weird as hell

Just saw on instagram

frieza wins

That’s some shenanigans
It's been implied . Most people know that Frieza never got eliminated but the DBS creators must think people are idiots with their Big Reveal.

None of the Z fighters is really relevant anymore. They could have do so much with Piccolo but they simply stopped at Super Namekian.
I kinda wonder about why no one ever wished for piccolo to have zenkai boosts so that he could keep up. He was the most trustworthy one aside from maybe Future Trunks, who didn't fuck around when he had the ability to kill a threat. Piccolo was smarter than Goku, and definitely would have been good to keep Vegeta from going too far.

But that saie, it wouldn't be the same show. Also, I've not watched Super other than the fight between Goku and Beerus until Goku turns back into a Super Saijin

Last edited:
Yeah thats what i think too.. Their power should have had a wide gap. I mean piccolo in android saga was way way more powerful than final form frieza. Not the golden one

I feel like Jiren was a better character when he was mysterious imo. The strongest dude in the universes, we had no clue how powerful he was, his motives etc. Compounded on to the fact that he didnt say much meant every little thing he said peeled just a little bit of the onion that is Jiren. But then they turned it into the generic little boy watched his parent get killed by the baad guy, now he promised he'd kill im by getting stronger etc and turned him into a blabber mouth.

Remember how cool Jiren was early on, and how we're indifferent right now?

I think its why Hit is so good as well because we dont have that backstory and we're learning more about him as the arc unfolds.

The manga is handling Jiren far better. I think that's a problem with having a whole bunch of writers vs. the manga having one writer (who wrote major DB fan-fiction before getting the official job) that works closer to Toriyama, it's a lack of consistency.

The manga is handling Jiren far better. I think that's a problem with having a whole bunch of writers vs. the manga having one writer (who wrote major DB fan-fiction before getting the official job) that works closer to Toriyama, it's a lack of consistency.

For whatever reason, I just dont like the manga. Toriyama's DBZ manga were enjoyable to read, every page flowed well into each other, and fights were so dynamic and felt like they had movement. You could legit picture the fights as if they were animated. The super series feels like a dude drawing fan art, with no regard for choreography, movement and using the page to show action. Well I guess it is fanart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back