sbbc : i sound poor

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was under the auspices of USACIDC in the 70s. counter insurgency, counter subversive activities on
the battle field. can't talk about it really. still too many skeletons in the closet, so to speak.
but it was real, we believed it was effective and we hoped it would support our cause.

How old are you?

that pizza hut in the semitruck was atrocious, i don't think that was real cheese. The little DFAC next to the 100man tents had fresh bacon at all times, i was murdering bacon sandwiches (stuck there for a week)

That russian 9% beer for the damn win tho

bless people that didn't drink and we copped their 2 beers
Baltika-no-9-Extra-268x268.gif
First time I went to Manas was when I was 19. I never drank before in my life. Long story short I made a bet with some, lost and ended up drinking my first beer, which was a Baltika 9 like the one above, at a going away party the Dutch AF threw for the Kiwis. Needless to say I got fucking wasted.
I remember some crazy ass Dutch dude running around with a homemade plastic backpack full of robotussin and everclear hooked to a squirt gun giving everyone shots lol.
The wing king, Col. Stevens, was there putting money on the bar. That two beer limit didnt matter then lol.

First time I went to Manas was when I was 19. I never drank before in my life. Long story short I made a bet with some, lost and ended up drinking my first beer, which was a Baltika 9 like the one above, at a going away party the Dutch AF threw for the Kiwis. Needless to say I got fucking wasted.
I remember some crazy ass Dutch dude running around with a homemade plastic backpack full of robotussin and everclear hooked to a squirt gun giving everyone shots lol.
The wing king, Col. Stevens, was there putting money on the bar. That two beer limit didnt matter then lol.

What year were you there?

hell no. I'd go back with an AR if I could.
fucking rat bastard rice eating fuckheads.
lost too many brothers there to EVER forget.

no seriously, you were in Nam?
nobody in my family went due to the way the ages fell, dad/stepdad/uncle were too young, and grandfather was in the Navy and was in the Gulf of Tonkin but never 'in the war' so to speak
i think we have every war since covered haha except Kosovo/Bosnia since i'm the only Army cat
Stepdad went to Desert Shield/Storm
Dad was in Mogadishu during Black Hawk Down ish, and was in Afghanistan when 9/11 happened pre war
Brother went to OIF
I went to OEF/Africom (somali pirate ish)

Last edited:
So you were there before they got rid of the whores, 10 ft weed plants and airport terminal tattoos.
Weed was prevalent, especially on perimeter road. I got an Imagine tattoo, John Lenon fan, from the tat place between main base and Ops town. Old run down building. Never went to a sauna. To worried about getting busted by OSI.

it's a long, sordid and boring story and it will come off as being self-indulgent and self-aggrandizing.
for another time perhaps

smh, MACV was a joke.
the final straw was a cluster fuck called Phoenix
no way you train locals for that task.
the PAT's and RD's had potential but got torpedoed by gubment red tape.
too much money, not enough leadership=failure
US go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back