2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

Gregolian

.45 ACP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't understand this front office anymore.....

At this point I just want a receiver in FA and a big bodied future #1 deep threat in the third round of the draft.

So tired of Rodgers having to hold the ball because he is searching for the big play because no one can get open down the field.

At this point I just want a receiver in FA and a big bodied future #1 deep threat in the third round of the draft.

So tired of Rodgers having to hold the ball because he is searching for the big play because no one can get open down the field.
We have a big body. Look up Michael Clarke:

Dude is like 6'6" and 215 or something which means he could put on some good muscle mass if he does it right and be A-Rod's Megatron

I really really like the idea of what Clarke brings to the table. But he's way too raw.

Even if he does become a legit weapon in the offense; it won't be for at least a couple years. I'd love to be wrong though.

New GM dumps 2 players (Hundley is good as done) that were scrutinized most of the season and Packers fans still whine

I’m not gonna pretend Kizer is a future HOF but he was labeled as a 21 year old “project” coming out of college and got thrown into the lineup immediately on a garbage team. He clearly wasn’t ready. Not like he’ll be starting anyway

CB is a need regardless of Randall. Now if this was like summer time it’d definitely be worrying but with FA/draft looming lets see what happens. Remember that some players might get restructured which opens up more room to work with. I’m not going to judge the team until after the draft

So...apparently Kizer's stats were even worse than Hundley.

10 pts lower passer rating
7% lower completion percentage
14 pts lower QBR
17% lower TD rate
19% higher int rate
1:2 TD:INT ratio

Donte Moncrief.

New GM dumps 2 players (Hundley is good as done) that were scrutinized most of the season and Packers fans still whine

I’m not gonna pretend Kizer is a future HOF but he was labeled as a 21 year old “project” coming out of college and got thrown into the lineup immediately on a garbage team. He clearly wasn’t ready. Not like he’ll be starting anyway

CB is a need regardless of Randall. Now if this was like summer time it’d definitely be worrying but with FA/draft looming lets see what happens. Remember that some players might get restructured which opens up more room to work with. I’m not going to judge the team until after the draft

I don't hate the move. It's just random.

I hope this means they see more in Rollins.

I don't hate the move. It's just random.

I hope this means they see more in Rollins.

Very random

I was higher on Rollins than Randall after their rookie years but hes appeared to turn into crap since then

I think it’s way too early to judge King as well either way. He played all year with a bum shoulder, which by all accounts will be fine now

“Defense?, who needs it ,let’s just waste the rest of Rodgers career!”

So...apparently Kizer's stats were even worse than Hundley.

10 pts lower passer rating
7% lower completion percentage
14 pts lower QBR
17% lower TD rate
19% higher int rate
1:2 TD:INT ratio

Donte Moncrief.

I love Jordy and Cobb, but Jesus they are slow, I’m always arguing with other packers fans, they still think of Jordy as in 2011 form, not the case ,absolutely no speed at WR

I love Jordy and Cobb, but Jesus they are slow, I’m always arguing with other packers fans, they still think of Jordy as in 2011 form, not the case ,absolutely no speed at WR

Jordy is still functional. He's not a burner, but he still has value.

Cobb has never been a great athlete. He's always had above average burst and agility, but his top speed is almost adorably slow, which makes it impossible for him to separate against man coverage. I was watching his tape once against the Bears and he was in full sprint and, across the field, Kyle Fuller was gaining on him in a light jog.

Unfortunately, Jordy's deep speed is still better than Davante's. All three have huge trouble beating man press.

Very random

I was higher on Rollins than Randall after their rookie years but hes appeared to turn into crap since then

I think it’s way too early to judge King as well either way. He played all year with a bum shoulder, which by all accounts will be fine now

Rollins can still be an effective red zone and short distance corner imo. He has quick reactions, good ball skills, and is a very good tackler. But his lack of athleticism and especially deep speed make him a huge liability on the outside when it comes to long routes.

I want these assholes to go to a tackling camp to learn how to fucking wrap up.

There was strong sentiment in the locker room at that time to give Randall the boot -- sources said McCarthy's committee of veteran players suggested that Randall be released -- but the Packers stood by him. He responded with a stretch of three straight games with an interception and finished with a team-high four picks, but he missed the final two games with a knee injury that some in the organization thought he could have played through.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-...packers-cornerback-room-has-holes-after-trade

200.gif

I can't believe how outside of Haha (who seemed to regress last year, going from sure tackler to whiffer) how badly Ted whiffed on most of his DB picks.

For anyone missing Ted, remember when we drafted Randall (a poor tackling safety) over this guy?

Rumors of Tards looking at Gum Chewer

Jordy isn’t what he was but he was still leading the league in TDs until Hundley started. He got open plenty of times but he never saw him

There was strong sentiment in the locker room at that time to give Randall the boot -- sources said McCarthy's committee of veteran players suggested that Randall be released -- but the Packers stood by him. He responded with a stretch of three straight games with an interception and finished with a team-high four picks, but he missed the final two games with a knee injury that some in the organization thought he could have played through.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-...packers-cornerback-room-has-holes-after-trade

200.gif

Was going to post this I just saw it

If true then good riddance. Idc how bad of a need CB is, don’t want anyone like that on the team. Seems like the players agree

I can't believe how outside of Haha (who seemed to regress last year, going from sure tackler to whiffer) how badly Ted whiffed on most of his DB picks.

“In ted we trust”

I can’t believe many packers fans drank that kool aid, for so many years I wanted that piece of shit gone since 2013

If the team hated Randall, I am not as upset about the trade. Get a vet cheap and draft a corner. *shrug*

Back