2018 NFL Draft Discussion

I dont get the Rosen love at all. Small arm, injury prone, and the coaching issues.

No thanks.
Simple - Best passer in the class. "Small arm" that can make every throw. "Red flags" = he put a jacuzzi in his dorm room and is "too smart"

Simple - Best passer in the class. "Small arm" that can make every throw. "Red flags" = he put a jacuzzi in his dorm room and is "too smart"
Mechanics, sure.

Jacksonville? They need a QB. They would go Darnold/Rosen/Allen, most likely.

Right. The point was that no one truly drafts best player available. It's always determined by need to a certain extent.

Mechanics, sure.
Rosen has a stronger arm then Darnold. It's crazy to me that even in the "exec polls" that take Darnold over rosen they can admit Rosen is a better passer. But Darnold has the "it" factor. Lunacy

Right. The point was that no one truly drafts best player available. It's always determined by need to a certain extent.

Ok i got it.

Based on my memory of drafts that I can remember, there are a few scenarios.

1. Need a QB, a truly exceptional pro potential QB is available --> you take him.

2. You don't need a QB and huge QB prospect is available --> trade out of the number one and rape a team that desperately needs a QB.

3. Top OL, DL is available and it's an area where you are ok at but you can never have enough top talent on the line on both sides of the ball.

4. An absolute freak at OL/DL is available --> you take them no matter what.

So in short you take a QB #1 overall if you need one or trade out if you have a franchise QB. Otherwise you focus on the lines looking for freaks or desperate teams to trade with.

The 70s and 80s were the age of the running back so you had a few taken with the number 1 pick overall but I think those days will never come back.

I think this list backs that up for the last 40 yrs outside of dumb moves like Keyshawn and Irving Fryer.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/alltimeno1

Rosen has a stronger arm then Darnold. It's crazy to me that even in the "exec polls" that take Darnold over rosen they can admit Rosen is a better passer. But Darnold has the "it" factor. Lunacy
Really all you hear Darnold being better at is being able to throw out of the pocket.

The injury concerns are the biggest issue for him imo.

This. Because he has interests outside of football I guess it's a red flag, lmao.

Really all you hear Darnold being better at is being able to throw out of the pocket.

The injury concerns are the biggest issue for him imo.
He was behind a terrible line in CFB. There were times where he would get hit on every play and got right back up. Not sure what more people want. He's the best QB in the draft imo.

Mechanics, sure.

He is a pretty passer and is eerily reminiscent of Matt Ryan.

Also, all of Rosen, Darnold, and Allen are much better prospects than Blake Bortles was. God, that was a bad pick.

I think it's a very valid consideration depending on what team is drafting him. For a team that lacks existing personnel, that "it" factor, that intangibility and leadership, is extremely important. So, for a Cleveland, Darnold seems like the clear top guy. For a team like Jacksonville, it'd probably be Rosen.

He was behind a terrible line in CFB. There were times where he would get hit on every play and got right back up. Not sure what more people want. He's the best QB in the draft imo.
BigheartedInsecureBarasingha-size_restricted.gif

So Cleveland has not had a lot of #1 overall picks. Not even a lot of #2 overalls. Besides Myles Garret, there last #1 overall was 2000. They must have traded away those pics all those years. There never were able to build from those trades though. Cleveland must have the worst GMs.

As a lifelong fan of the National Champion UCF Knights, the only thing I care about (other than the Ravens' draft) is where Shaquem Griffin goes. Dude is my new favorite player ever.

All the pants shitting about Calvin Ridley's combine results is moronic.

If you watch him play and have any worries about how fast and sudden he is, you're blind.

All the pants shitting about Calvin Ridley's combine results is moronic.

If you watch him play and have any worries about how fast and sudden he is, you're blind.

He honestly never impressed me that much, maybe because his QB was a trash thrower.
He could be a solid #2WR, but i'd certainly want more out of a 1st rd pick.
Christian Kirk & Anthony Miller (though most teams only see him as a slot WR) have a higher upside imo.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Buffalo trade their picks to Tampa to move up to number 7 for a QB.

I think the 49ers are trying to move back, Bears, just depends on where a QB falls to.

Fuck Rosen.

This dude made him cry like a bitch two years ago:

Fuck Rosen.

This dude made him cry like a bitch two years ago:

Falk looked really terrible at the combine though.And i mean at actual throwing, not underwear olympics.

Falk looked really terrible at the combine though.And i mean at actual throwing, not underwear olympics.
The bit I saw of him doing the route tree shit with WRs he didn't look that bad.

Back