Blah blah blah, race thread

OverCoronavirus Pressure

Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit.
Banned
Reaction score
Just as a counterthread to all the "brown people are terrible" threads, I thought it would be an interesting exercise to speculate on the following premise:

We've reached a utopian society worldwide. Every person, all over the world, has an equal chance, equal opportunity to advance their station in life, and a good free education.

I think prejudice essentially disappears. I suspect that people of all cultural backgrounds worldwide would achieve great things and we wouldn't be wasting so many of our potentially great minds the way things are now.

Say on, philosophical Sherbros.

If everyone is ethnically the same, humans will just find different ways to divide and hate.

Just as a counterthread to all the "brown people are terrible" threads, I thought it would be an interesting exercise to speculate on the following premise:

We've reached a utopian society worldwide. Every person, all over the world, has an equal chance, equal opportunity to advance their station in life, and a good free education.

I think prejudice essentially disappears. I suspect that people of all cultural backgrounds worldwide would achieve great things and we wouldn't be wasting so many of our potentially great minds the way things are now.

Say on, philosophical Sherbros.

Frankly, I think the entire "racial discord" is overblown. Even as a white policeman in N. Stl I got along with most people and even made some lasting friends. Seems the big mouths on any side of the racist nonsense are the only ones being heard while the silent (major) majority just roll our collective eyes and go on about our days being decent human beings to one another.

The Fuck are you going on about? I checked the first 4 pages of the War Room and didn't see any brown people are bad threads. I did However see 900 plus post thread about white privilege and a bunch of circle jerk anti Trump threads. Why do people insist on making up racism when it's not there these days?

If everyone is ethnically the same, humans will just find different ways to divide and hate.
It's an assumption that has validity, unfortunately.
But as differences become less obvious, at least you'll have to get to know someone to find out why you hate em.

Frankly, I think the entire "racial discord" is overblown. Even as a white policeman in N. Stl I got along with most people and even made some lasting friends. Seems the big mouths on any side of the racist nonsense are the only ones being heard while the silent (major) majority just roll our collective eyes and go on about our days being decent human beings to one another.
Beautiful. I think most folks are tolerant, if not xenophiles like myself.

I dig different shit, too. Been all over the world and really soaked it up. Italy was by far my favorite place.
Travel is mind opening.
Imagine open borders and being able to go to any country easily in this crazy utopia.
People would be more circumspect, more widely cultured.

Travel is mind opening.
Imagine open borders and being able to go to any country easily in this crazy utopia.
People would be more circumspect, more widely cultured.

imagine all the people...

I'm a dreamer, too, but I think that's an awful idea in this day and age.

imagine all the people...

I'm a dreamer, too, but I think that's an awful idea in this day and age.
Well yes, but this is a thought experiment that sets aside the present day and allows us to speculate.
Not wasting so many minds, so many potential ideas and advancements...

Well yes, but this is a thought experiment that sets aside the present day and allows us to speculate.
Not wasting so many minds, so many potential ideas and advancements...

It's in our nature, unfortunately.

It's in our nature, unfortunately.
I posit that may not be true, but that the social conditions haven't allowed an overall better nature to emerge.
After all, at one time fight or flight determined our responses much more than they do now; people mastered that instinct and became more civilised for the sake of advancement.

I posit that may not be true, but that the social conditions haven't allowed an overall better nature to emerge.
After all, at one time fight or flight determined our responses much more than they do now; people mastered that instinct and became more civilised for the sake of advancement.

I listen to Slayer.

It's an assumption that has validity, unfortunately.
But as differences become less obvious, at least you'll have to get to know someone to find out why you hate em.
That's been my motto for a long time. I can come up with much better reasons to hate someone than the colour of their skin.

like preferring Metallica over Megadeth

That's been my motto for a long time. I can come up with much better reasons to hate someone than the colour of their skin.

Things that make me hate another person - ill mannered, no social etiquette, lack of manners, cell phone addiction, body odor, people that trigger my - Misophonia is a strong dislike or hatred of certain sounds) terrorists, Nickelback fans

Are we bigots ?
I am. I can admit that. I've also known enough people from enough places to know that my bigotry is not racially based. I am bigoted towards ignorance and irrational hate.

I am. I can admit that. I've also known enough people from enough places to know that my bigotry is not racially based. I am bigoted towards ignorance and irrational hate.

Exactly. Unfortunately, many low iq halfwits mistake that for duurrrrr "racism."

Back