PRC: Xi Jinping's Ascension to God Status

Democracy is stable but it only works in a homogeneous society other wise it becomes corrupted and used against the native population look at the Us ,Uk,and Scandinavian countries etc

Norway? It's probably the most beautiful country in the world and occupies a famously prolific position on the HDI but one of the things I found incredibly bemusing about The Donald's shithole scandal and mock "Why would Norwegians come here?" responses is how oblivious people were to the fact that prior to the discovery of its North Sea petroleum reserves in the 1960s and building of its trillion-dollar wealth fund, Norway wasn't exactly all that and people couldn't jump ship to America by multiple millions fast enough. It's goofy hypocrisy and unearned smugness.

And then to pretend the country in its wealthy, contemporary form is some kind of welcoming immigration hotspot akin to borderline self-loathing Sveden? You've gotta be fucking kidding me. A right-wing - for Europe - party is part of the current government coalition with the Conservatives and has a 'controversial' Immigration Minister (below) that doesn't think a whole lot of Moslems and other assorted brownies. Norway rejects and cracks down hard on economic migrants and throws out undocumented immigrants posthaste. You need to bring money, skills or both to the table at the least to take up residence there. It took in a whopping 2,000 refugees in 2017.

zeoq9E8.png

Dunno if that caricaturization is fair though.

320px-Sylvi_Listhaug_-_2014-02-13_at_18-49-18.jpg

Honestly the way this is being reported relative to say Putin's domestic ambitions tell you just how much power China already has over the western establishment. Its no coincidence for example that "free Tibet" as a cause has almost totally vanished from mainstream media coverage over the last 15-20 years.

At present what you could say is that its perhaps less direct of direct confronation and more that the establishment feels it needs good relationships with the Chinese to prop up the current status quo economically just as it does with the Saudi's who are also largely free from criticism in the western media.

That's pretty much bang on, man.

In terms of power and authority, Xi is basically equivalent to Mao Zedong himself at this juncture with a far more powerful country to rule. The policies of the Deng Xiaoping era to prevent another Mao have been all but deconstructed. 'Xi Jinping Thought' is a thing and it's going to get a lot bigger in terms of the institutional imprint it leaves on the country. It'll be worth keeping an eye on.

Last edited:
Xi is a bit of a different animal than Putin, more cerebral and deft without all the bombastic macho man propaganda to float. He also runs an extraordinarily more powerful nation. As far as this consolidation of power and whatnot, I've read a couple articles saying it "demands response" from western countries. The west isn't going to say or do a god damn thing about it, nor can it. The Chinese presidency really isn't even the most influential office in the country, that falls between general secretary of the CCP and chairman of the central military commission, neither of which have term limits. Shocker: Xi already holds both of those titles.
Xi, Putin, and Trump walk into a bar... we’re fucked.

Ummm I'd say success deserves praise.

#Cuckdowager

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The Chinese system is doomed to corruption, and eventual collapse. It is the cost of its centralized and efficient structure.

Democracy is messy, and ineffecient, but within a checked and balanced legal system where all are subject to the rule of law, you have a system that will last.

Too bad us yanks lost the rule of law part of it.

Nothing is forever.
Democracy perhaps least of all.

Xi Jinping Says China's Authoritarian System Can Be A Model For The World

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has always said the country will never copy the political systems of other countries, in particular the Western notion of democracy. But under Xi—the most powerful Chinese leader in four decades—China’s own one-party system is one that is ready to be exported to regimes everywhere.

The internationalization of China’s political system is in fact well underway. Since 2014, the Communist Party has hosted an annual summit in Beijing inviting political party leaders from around the world to hear about how it governs China. In recent years, the party has also brought young African politicians to China for training, in a bid to cultivate allies.

When asked whether China is deviating from its self-avowed policy of noninterference in other countries’ affairs, Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi said yesterday (March 8) that China will “participate more proactively” in reshaping global governance and solving international crises.

At this month’s political meetings, China’s legislature is expected to ratify a proposal to remove the 10-year, two-term limit for the presidency from the country’s constitution, potentially paving the way for Xi to stay in power for life. A Bloomberg report from earlier this week said, citing sources, that Xi is seeking to pass a government restructure plan that would see some party organizations completely absorbing state agencies.

That Iowa upbringing and values are really paying off.

I don't trust him or his country. He has plans for a Chinese Empire despite always denying it.

China is of course, a homogeneous 'civilization-state' of ruthless national ambition and zero time for the sort of often daft domestic sociopolitical offerings the Western world perpetually eats its own face over and people moan incessantly about, but the flipside is pretty dark.

I wouldn't say that China is homogenous.

Certainly closer to homogenous than almost all Western countries but around 75% of China's land is actually shared by indigenous non-Chinese ethnicities and the number of ethnic groups in China is enormous.

20080304-ethnic444%20map%20u%20wash.jpg

So I guess thw future of Modern Civilization belongs to China.

Who would have thought that the real Star Trek will be communist Chinese!

USS Enterprise. will actually be PRCS Chao Fan!

And James T. Kirk is Jing Ti Ki.

Oh hail Ping!

Yu ke Staph the Ping!

It belongs to Asia in general, white people are finished and I hope the overlords are merciful.

As @Orgasmo has repeatedly stated empires come and go, this is more about regions in general and China having the world's largest economy isn't really some kind of cataclysmic event that will turn the world on its head (it has been by purchasing power parity since 2014) and it had the largest economy as recently as the 19th century. It's the -likely- loss of the global lead in science and technology that will hurt the most because the western world founded the scientific revolution, developed it into its modern form and has dominated it from the 16th century up to present day.

Certainly closer to homogenous than almost all Western countries but around 75% of China's land is actually shared by indigenous non-Chinese ethnicities and the number of ethnic groups in China is enormous.

Right, it was more or less as compared to the west. There's 50+ minorities within the PRC but nearly 92% of the country identifies as Han Chinese in an ethnic sense.

I don't trust him or his country. He has plans for a Chinese Empire despite always denying it.

China has been incredibly restrained and reluctant to engage on the world stage in any meaningful or confrontational way.

You can reference a bunch of moves that could be said to be acts of resource-grabbing but there's certainly nothing related to the type of ideological battles going on between Russia/Iran vs the West/Saudi Arabia.

China has been incredibly restrained and reluctant to engage on the world stage in any meaningful or confrontational way.

You can reference a bunch of moves that could be said to be acts of resource-grabbing but there's certainly nothing related to the type of ideological battles going on between Russia/Iran vs the West/Saudi Arabia.

Do you find the quote from the foreign minister about them becoming more proactive in shaping global governance slightly ominous? I find their open positional history or lack thereof to be incredibly coy and strategic, there's absolutely no doubt they'll want to establish a degree of hegemony throughout Asia at the least at some point, which is really only natural.

Not to mention other headlines about exporting their authoritarian political system and what not. It's somewhat normal in the news cycle when CCP gatherings have taken place, but this stronger type of rhetoric in particular is popping off at a relatively rapid rate with the coronation of Xi set to officially take place tomorrow/today.

Do you find the quote from the foreign minister about them becoming more proactive in shaping global governance slightly ominous? I find their open positional history or lack thereof to be incredibly coy and strategic, there's absolutely no doubt they'll want to establish a degree of hegemony throughout Asia at the least at some point, which is really only natural.

Not to mention other headlines about exporting their authoritarian political system and what not. It's somewhat normal in the news cycle when CCP gatherings have taken place, but this stronger type of rhetoric in particular is popping off at a relatively rapid rate with the coronation of Xi set to officially take place tomorrow/today.

I think that their government and their people largely adhere to political realism whereas in the West, the governments adhere to political realism but the people adhere to political idealism.

I think China's approach towards expanding their power in Asia and elsewhere is going to be gradual and well-calculated.

Maybe there's nothing inherently bad or harmful to the West about it.

China has been expanding economic activity in Central Asia for the past 3 decades but the region is still relatively peaceful and open to trade and diplomacy with all 3 of the region's major players [Russia, China, US].

Maybe by the time, China is strong enough to brush Western countries away in conflicts for resources the culture and national ideologies of China will evolve towards humanism and political idealism.

That's what happened with Japan and Singapore.

China creating Islands in the Pacific and claiming ownership of those territories by virtue of those artificial islands might be ominous- but otherwise, I think the real acts of aggression are the installation of military bases and creation of closed economic trade unions around the world- which is something the US, E.U., and Russia are mostly engaged in at this point.

I think that the way that Russia and China interact with each other is telling as to how it will engage with the West when it begins to have an upper hand [or an equal footing].

China is certainly in a more economically and politically dominant position than Russia but chooses to be diplomatic when it comes to countries that both Russia and China neighbor and have deep histories with.

As far as I'm keeping up- Central Asia, Mongolia, and North Korea aren't being pulled in one way or another between Russia and China- although you could say that China is economically exploiting some of these countries resources, there's no territorial claims or acts of economic hostility.

Last edited:
It belongs to Asia in general, white people are finished and I hope the overlords are merciful.

As @Orgasmo has repeatedly stated empires come and go, this is more about regions in general and China having the world's largest economy isn't really some kind of cataclysmic event that will turn the world on its head (it has been by purchasing power parity since 2014) and it had the largest economy as recently as the 19th century. It's the -likely- loss of the global lead in science and technology that will hurt the most because the western world founded the scientific revolution, developed it into its modern form and has dominated it from the 16th century up to present day.

Right, it was more or less as compared to the west. There's 50+ minorities within the PRC but nearly 92% of the country identifies as Han Chinese in an ethnic sense.

I think the Chinese will continue the "Wests" quest for Scientific knowledge and technological progress so Civilization as we know it will continue to advance.

If not we are in for another dark age.

That dude is insane. He will probably get rid of due process and other crazy dictator stuff.

"Get rid of"?

Heh.

You must not be particularly familiar with the current state of Chinese jurisprudence.

Don't pretty much all Chinese identify as Han? Regardless of the truth of the claim.

Don't pretty much all Chinese identify as Han? Regardless of the truth of the claim.

Something like around 92% identifies as Han Chinese.

That ratio [90% one ethnic group and 10% other] is similar to a lot of European countries where right-wingers complain about the country not being homogenous anymore.

It's also politically significant because you have internal unrest in a lot of regions and even separatist movements in the Western provinces because of these ethnic differences.

Suffice to say, China is not a homogenous country and it bears many of the challenges that non-homogenous countries often deal with.

South Korea is a homogenous country. So is North Korea.

Even Japan is a homogenous country even though around 2-3% of its population is non-Japanese [mostly Korean or Ainu].

And also the Han Chinese ethnicity can be fragmented into contentious divisions as well.

There's a tiny population of Han Chinese people that have a long and storied Muslim heritage and they're essentially a different ethnicity and culture even though they're classified as Han Chinese.

Back