Ending the estate tax: Walton's - $54 Billion / Koch Bros. - $38 Billion

giusti825

ßanned
@Silver
Reaction score
In the FY 2018 budget there was a repeal of the estate tax, essentially giving the two richest families in the country a $92 Billion tax break.

The estate tax only applies to the top two tenths of the top 1% of the country. Is this a morally defensible move in a period where cuts are being made to medicare and social security?

I kinda feel like the estate tax is one of the most important taxes in the country. Its like a patch being released to fix a broken character in a game. It fixes a glitch of extreme wealth concentration to avoid a capitalist form of royal-like dynasties.

How do you guys feel about the estate tax in general? Do you believe a $92 Billion dollar tax break should be given to 6 people so they can pass fortunes on in perpetuity?

id contribute but is anything more soul-killing than discussing taxes

$92 billion one time on a budget of like 4 trillion just to attack people who have more than you seems petty to me.

Cementing the oligarchy

MAGA

Make an argument for the estate tax hat isn’t vaginal bleeding and jealousy

They have more than me take to away

I won’t get into the specifics until I read more about it but on surface...

It doesn’t really scream “ I fight for the middle class”

$92 billion one time on a budget of like 4 trillion just to attack people who have more than you seems petty to me.

There are many more problems with the budget, especially a military budget as large as the rest of the world's combined, but i've never seen welfare run amuck at this extreme before.

They have built that fortune by benefiting from our stable society and one can argue they have been pretty destructive influences

What's the argument for taxing folks for inheiting aside from money being taxed?

In the FY 2018 budget there was a repeal of the estate tax, essentially giving the two richest families in the country a $92 Billion tax break.

The estate tax only applies to the top two tenths of the top 1% of the country. Is this a morally defensible move in a period where cuts are being made to medicare and social security?

I kinda feel like the estate tax is one of the most important taxes in the country. Its like a patch being released to fix a broken character in a game. It fixes a glitch of extreme wealth concentration to avoid a capitalist form of royal-like dynasties.

How do you guys feel about the estate tax in general? Do you believe a $92 Billion dollar tax break should be given to 6 people so they can pass fortunes on in perpetuity?
I feel more or less the way you do and Trump advocating for abolishing the estate tax was the major reason I was against him.

I agree its important in preventing wealth concentration and at least the person has the ability to enjoy their wealth within their lifetime. Of course prepare to hear the sob stories about poor "family farms" having to break up to pay the tax, as if we're to shed a tear over the prevention of a landed oligarchy

They have built that fortune by benefiting from our stable society and one can argue they have been pretty destructive influences
Are you arguing that nothing was provided in return that beneftted both the government and the people to where a tax needs to be applied as recompense?

Make an argument for the estate tax hat isn’t vaginal bleeding and jealousy

They have more than me take to away

It puts excessive wealth concentrations back into the economy for the next generation to compete for instead of accelerating a growing gap between the wealthy and the poor.

Its enoght money to sustain 100 generations of a family without them contributing anything to society.

Estate tax discourages hoarding money to keep within a family, which reduces the possibility of hyperinflation from stagnating fortunes.

What's the argument for taxing folks for inheiting aside from money being taxed?
Read the OP
That's basically what the situation in Latin America is like with a few key families controlling a disproportionate amount of wealth and subsequently power in the society. I don't want the US to look more like Brazil, its not very pretty.

The estate tax is one of the most unethical and punishing taxes in the country. Extreme wealth concentration is a result of extreme work ethic. Tax inequality is a real issue in this country and ending the estate tax helps alleviate it.

Im opposed to the estate tax on principle, just increase income and capital tax on the richest.

Im opposed to the estate tax on principle, just increase income and capital tax on the richest.
I thought a Latin American of all people would support it given the strength of landed oligarchies in the region.

I kind of feel the opposite way. I'm okay with keeping income and capital taxes lower if it means having a very robust estate tax. Make your cheddar while you're alive and enjoy it but don't think you're gonna found a dynasty.

I don’t get the hate?

Walmart is great and provides products at crazy low prices.They provide jobs, support local communities, etc. Do we really want to take their money, and waste it in true government fashion?

In order to have a meritocracy we should head towards more stringent taxes on billionaire families. Lol at the cucks in here defending their oligarch masters. Go back to England if that's the society you want.

I am not a fan of any "death" or estate tax because all the tax for the money has been paid already.
It is much more important to get into serious taxing income and capital gains in the first place.
Because this just affects a small number of super-rich.

If you would have constantly collected 50% tax from everyone making 1 Million a year or so.
And 90% of people like the Koch's, Zuckerberg or Buffet etc.
Whatever they have left they could give freely to their children or whatever they want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back