NFL Discussion v79: Captain Kirk

Who lands Cousins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Sherman has been the better player for years. The advantage of Talib is he isn't coming off a major injury. Our 5th round picks this year: George Kittle and Trent Taylor. I want to keep our lotto tickets.
Oh I think the play is damn close.

Healthy>5th round pick.

Oh I think the play is damn close.

Healthy>5th round pick.
Scheme fit matters, Sherman is like 3-4 years younger, etc. Gun to my head without the pick I probably take Sherman. The pick is a nice bonus.

Yeah, I don't think there's any question the Rams got the safer bet.

Scheme fit matters, Sherman is like 3-4 years younger, etc. Gun to my head without the pick I probably take Sherman. The pick is a nice bonus.
Talib just turned 32, Sherman turns 30 this month.

Achilles are serious business for a position that depends on speed.

I agree.

I think Sherman was a slightly better CB before the injury, and I thought he was the perfect fit for us now = I take him. It's almost a coin flip, rolling with the troll though.

I agree.

I think Sherman was a slightly better CB before the injury, and I thought he was the perfect fit for us now = I take him. It's almost a coin flip, rolling with the troll though.
Two pieces of shit for the ages.

No deal for Breesus yet. The Saints aren't gonna fuck this up right? Would he even want to leave? THAT'S a guy worth paying the money that's being suggested for Kirk (salary cap %, fully guaranteed, etc.) if he hits the market. That'd be a lot of fun to watch unfold.

Id have Carr kidnapped to get Breesus.

I agree.

Here is a piece of a PFT article on the contract. Pretty player friendly imo.

"To get the full $39.15 million, Sherman will need to play all 48 regular-season games over the next three years, be on the field for at least 90 percent of the snaps, make it to the Pro Bowl every year, and qualify for the All-Pro team every year."

John Lynch treating players like he treats the wives of other men.

CBs get old very, very fast. Even the best.

Let's watch them play and see how it goes. Nostradamus isn't in the room.

Here is a piece of a PFT article on the contract. Pretty player friendly imo.

"To get the full $39.15 million, Sherman will need to play all 48 regular-season games over the next three years, be on the field for at least 90 percent of the snaps, make it to the Pro Bowl every year, and qualify for the All-Pro team every year."

John Lynch treating players like he treats the wives of other men.
Even better from the same piece -
Florio also notes that at the time of signing, only $3MM of the deal is guaranteed. If Sherman passes his preseason physical, he’ll earn another $4MM in guaranteed money. However, after that, it’s ultimately up to the 49ers whether the contract will continue through 2019 and beyond. The writer has a list of specific details on the contract. Notably, Sherman’s signing bonus is worth $3MM (as opposed to the $5MM that had previously been floated around). His base salary for 2018 is $2MM, and this is boosted to $7MM in 2019.

We have a cap guy that fans hated when Baalke was GM, big talk that he was one of the leaks, etc. Now that Lynch is GM (and giving him the credit) he is considered some huge asset. Just another reason Baalke is a CAN

No deal for Breesus yet. The Saints aren't gonna fuck this up right? Would he even want to leave? THAT'S a guy worth paying the money that's being suggested for Kirk (salary cap %, fully guaranteed, etc.) if he hits the market. That'd be a lot of fun to watch unfold.

Yeah I think any passable QB making big money is crazy, but that’s one guy that’s definitely worth it even at his age.

I don’t think he’ll leave but they would be stupid not to get something done. They can still draft a QB high while keeping him

Even better from the same piece -

We have a cap guy that fans hated when Baalke was GM, big talk that he was one of the leaks, etc. Now that Lynch is GM (and giving him the credit) he is considered some huge asset. Just another reason Baalke is a CAN
Yeah I remember his name always coming up with that Baalke mess. Now, he's just the amazing numbers guy when it comes to these contracts. Paraag bless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back