Sbbc : RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a cool picture of two galaxies that are merging. You should show this to your boyfriend and tell him it reminds you have making love to him. Would be romantic bro.

le8ohoalaqlhgxaa5lom.jpg
Needs more accretion disc...

Redwood city in the El Camino/Woodside area which still retains some of the Peninsula's 50s/60s era structures (although I see new condos here as well) that Graverobber would probably remember.

I am in 'hotel' (and I use that term loosely) that is a window into of how things used to be during the birth of the American driving vacation. It's been renovated with a nice new bed and updated bathroom (thank god) but it retains the textured walls that remind you of what things were once like (and they weren't great). #MAGA

From the outside, it has that motel look that reminds one of those "This is where Ted Bundy was last seen" news clips.

If you really want some history, a place in SF is rich with it. The old Mars Hotel at 4th and Howard. I used to live nearby, if you can believe it, near 3rd and Bryant. I stayed at the Mars a few times when my gf from NY came out, since there weren't as many bugs as there were at my shithole of an apt.

Kerouac had stayed there years before and the Dead stayed there in '74 while recording the album of the same name, since Columbia Records was just a few blocks away where they made the LP.

They tore it down to build the Moscone Center. So much history, gone forever. Progress!

Last edited:
just take the ol' Route 66 route, you'll see mad motels/hotels still in that classic style

plus a bunch of defunct/vacant ones and ghosttowns too, it's pretty crazy. Interstates killed it
edit: a perfect example is the shitty Amboy, CA near me on Route 66, right off I-40

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back