Former Russian Spy Critically Ill in Britain After Exposure to an Unknown Substance

Putin's an evil bastard...

...but sometimes you just gotta admire the way he plays the game. They catch Skripal spying for MI6, convict him and send him to the gulag. But they don't ice him. Why? Because he still has value as a bargaining chip. So they use him in a swap to get their people back. And then, when the only value he has left is to be used to send a message to others not to cross Putin, they fuckin' hit him and his daughter with a nerve agent.

It's like watching Belichick and the Evil Empire play football. We just need the poltiical equivalent of Doug Pederson and Big Dick Nick to step up and beat Putin.

Nerve agents including Sarin and VX are manufactured by the British Government in Porton Down, just 8 miles from where Sergei Skripal was attacked. The official British government story is that these nerve agents are only manufactured “To help develop effective medical countermeasures and to test systems”.

The UK media universally accepted that the production of polonium by Russia was conclusive evidence that Vladimir Putin was personally responsible for the murder of Alexander Litvinenko. In the case of Skripal, po-faced articles like this hilarious one in the Guardian speculate about where the nerve agent could possibly have come from – while totally failing to mention the fact that incident took place only eight miles from the largest stock of nerve agent in western Europe.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/03/the-elephant-in-the-room/

No doubt another Putin stooge.

The points made previously about Alexander were all provided in court by someone called "D3" that's the extent of the evidence anonymous witnesses. It's the difference between those who debate and those who enter dialectics.

Spreading propaganda by linking testimony? What are you interested in then by posting in the thread? Whining and crying?
Testimony about the Skripal poisoning? That doesn't exist, dumbass. This thread isn't about previous incidents of Russia murdering people in the UK. This thread is about the specific recent terrorist assault in UK perpetrated by Russia.

This seems like a terrorist attack at this point.

Amber Rudd: Salisbury attack was 'brazen and reckless'

_100331807_045411386-1.jpg

The attempted murder of ex-Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter, Yulia, using a nerve agent was a "brazen and reckless" act, Amber Rudd has said.

Mr Skripal and his daughter are still critically ill after being found collapsed on a bench in Salisbury city centre on Sunday.

Counter-terrorism officers are working to find the origin of the nerve agent.

A police officer, who was in intensive care, is now "stable and conscious", Wiltshire's chief constable said.

Wiltshire Police named the officer as Detective Sergeant Nick Bailey.

Addressing the House of Commons, the home secretary said the attack was "attempted murder in the most cruel and public way".

Ms Rudd told MPs it was an "outrageous crime", adding that the government would "act without hesitation as the facts become clearer".

She refused to speculate on whether the Russian state might have been involved in the attack, saying the police investigation should be based on "facts, not rumour".

However, she said the government was committed to bringing the perpetrators to justice "whoever they are and wherever they may be".

_100338075_policewiltshire.jpg

Detective Sergeant Nick Bailey is now in a stable condition after being treated in intensive care after the incident

Prime Minister Theresa May told ITV News that "if action needs to be taken then the government will do that".

"We will do what is appropriate, we will do what is right, if it is proved to be the case that this is state-sponsored," she said.

Russia has denied it was involved.

Meanwhile, a doctor who was one of the first people at the scene has described how she found Ms Skripal slumped unconscious on a bench, vomiting and fitting. She had also lost control of her bodily functions.

The woman, who asked not to be named, told the BBC she moved Ms Skripal into the recovery position and opened her airway, as others tended to her father.

She said she treated her for almost 30 minutes, saying there was no sign of any chemical agent on Ms Skripal's face or body.

The doctor said she had been worried she would be affected by the nerve agent, but added that she "feels fine".

BBC correspondent Leila Nathoo said there had been "a flurry of activity" outside Mr Skripal's Salisbury home on Thursday.

She said ambulances and an incident response team were in attendance and a police tent had been erected outside the house.

Analysis
_100304845_skripals.jpg

Mr Skripal, 66, and his daughter Yulia, 33, were found unconscious​

The fact the nerve agent is "very rare" will help the investigation narrow its focus.

Making nerve agents and delivering them requires considerable infrastructure and the more unusual the agent the easier it will be to locate which country, even which laboratory, might be involved.

That combined with police leads on who delivered the agent will form the basis for a determination of responsibility, along with any other intelligence that can be gathered.

It may take days - even weeks - for the government to be confident enough to make a public statement, because it will not want to risk getting any details wrong.

But if suspicions about Russia are confirmed, then some kind of action seems inevitable.

The legacy of the 2006 Litvinenko case shows that expelling diplomats alone may not be regarded as much of a deterrent to future acts.

Economic sanctions on the Russian elite may have more bite, but would require greater political will.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43326734

I wonder how Great Britain will respond to this attack on it's citizens, including police officers and first responders?

CrXmeMhW8AEQHFz.jpg

on a serious point, nothing, or something really pussified.

Disturbing damn the Russians allegedly poisoned Yasser Ar Ala Fat too!

CrXmeMhW8AEQHFz.jpg

on a serious point, nothing, or something really pussified.

We might do something really extreme. Like banning the English team from competing in the World Cup. That'll teach Ivan!:rolleyes:

Putin's an evil bastard...

...but sometimes you just gotta admire the way he plays the game. They catch Skripal spying for MI6, convict him and send him to the gulag. But they don't ice him. Why? Because he still has value as a bargaining chip. So they use him in a swap to get their people back. And then, when the only value he has left is to be used to send a message to others not to cross Putin, they fuckin' hit him and his daughter with a nerve agent.

It's like watching Belichick and the Evil Empire play football. We just need the poltiical equivalent of Doug Pederson and Big Dick Nick to step up and beat Putin.

I must admit to a certain(very)grudging admiration for the Poison Dwarf. He was born in a poor family, had a solid but unspectacular career with the KGB. Nothing about his early life suggests he was destined for greatness. Yet somehow he's managed to claw his way to the top of the Russian political system. And in Russia, when they say politics is a blood sport, it's not a figure of speech. He's massively popular, with the greatest cult of personality seen in Russia since Stalin himself.

He's killed, jailed or driven into exile everyone who opposed him. The kid who was raised in a communal flat in a rough neighbourhood, who had to stay with his parents until he got married because he couldn't afford a place of his own, is now one of the richest men on the planet. He plays 3D Vulcan Chess with entire nations, while everyone else is still trying to figure out how the pieces move.

Putin is the closest thing the real world has to a Super Villain.

We might do something really extreme. Like banning the English team from competing in the World Cup. That'll teach Ivan!:rolleyes:

I'm going to take direct action by considerably reducing my consumption of Caviar , I know it sounds extreme but tough action is necessary .

The Russians should stop this poisoning thing its disgusting!

Remember all those "fine people" in Charlottesville chanting "Russia is our friend"?

I must admit to a certain(very)grudging admiration for the Poison Dwarf. He was born in a poor family, had a solid but unspectacular career with the KGB. Nothing about his early life suggests he was destined for greatness. Yet somehow he's managed to claw his way to the top of the Russian political system. And in Russia, when they say politics is a blood sport, it's not a figure of speech. He's massively popular, with the greatest cult of personality seen in Russia since Stalin himself.

He's killed, jailed or driven into exile everyone who opposed him. The kid who was raised in a communal flat in a rough neighbourhood, who had to stay with his parents until he got married because he couldn't afford a place of his own, is now one of the richest men on the planet. He plays 3D Vulcan Chess with entire nations, while everyone else is still trying to figure out how the pieces move.

Putin is the closest thing the real world has to a Super Villain.
Well, you shouldn't believe everything you read about him. Like, I think I've seen multiple times that in Russia people suspects that his biography is not true and made up. And it's not like he was a nobody, they say that his grandfather was a personal cook of Stalin.
And I remembered, there is like 3 versions about how Putin got into KGB. I think one is in his autobiography and other two he himself told to the public. If I remember it right in one version he wasn't interested in KGB at all and joined them only because they insisted, in other version he said that he wanted to get into KGB since childhood and tried to get into KGB back when he was a teenager at school, they declined because he was too young and later either he came to them and they took him in or they invited him because they wanted him and I think difference between second and third version is about when he got into KGB. I might be wrong but I think he once said that KGB send him to university to become a lawyer and other time he was already in university and KGB came to him after he graduated as a lawyer or before graduation but when he was already in university. Some people say that it's his habit from KGB - like, to tell lies all the time, other thinks that maybe he is mentally ill and have memory problems.

Back